LIVE, Resilient Lady- 6/4-6/11

MeganGC1983

3 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m dressed for airport/airplane comfort which means I’m sweating profusely in 85 degree, pre-storm humidity Oklahoma. Just loaded all the kid crap and our stuff. I better swipe on a few more rounds of deodorant before we head out. 

It isnt much better down here, I definitely needed extra swipes today 😅 Hope the drive down is uneventful for yall! Excited to watch your trip and hope nothing else goes sideways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

@MeganGC1983 @fethiyeden posted something interesting on the Tribe thread about getting compensation from BA... I won't repeat it all here, but basically said if BA messes up, they'll make it right! You may want to check out their post there...

I’ve all ready checked into it and since our layover will now be longer at Heathrow, I’ll be submitting my pub bill. I’ll let ya know what they say. And if there ends up being an issue with Hotel Thissio, I’ll submit that as well. 

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 13

9 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’ve all ready checked into it and since our layover will now be longer at Heathrow, I’ll be submitting my pub bill. I’ll let ya know what they say. And if there ends up being an issue with Hotel Thissio, I’ll submit that as well. 

We got compensation as well as being reimbursed for our meal at Miami.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

@MeganGC1983 I will be at my granddaughters birthday party tomorrow afternoon constantly checking to make sure you make your flight to Athens.  Praying for no issues.  

Enjoy the birthday party! Don’t worry about me. Worst case scenario, we take the train or we meet the ship in Rhodes. I would hate to miss Santorini, but again worst case here. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m dressed for airport/airplane comfort which means I’m sweating profusely in 85 degree, pre-storm humidity Oklahoma. Just loaded all the kid crap and our stuff. I better swipe on a few more rounds of deodorant before we head out. 

I Dream of Jeannie outfit? 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

House is locked. Cameras on. Luggage loaded. Dropping the kids off and hitting the road. Wahoo! 🎉🇬🇷

So much travel drama with Megan-wasn't there a grass fire or tornado that hit your neighborhood last year while you were gone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, LuckiestLoser said:

It isnt much better down here, I definitely needed extra swipes today 😅 Hope the drive down is uneventful for yall! Excited to watch your trip and hope nothing else goes sideways.

I was just going to tell her the same thing!!

• Haha 2

Fingers crossed @MeganGC1983

I am seriously thinking about never flying long distance again after what I've read this week on CC.  We'll just do cruises we can drive to, or where there are many, many flights per day.  That is so not me 😞

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Stallion said:

So much travel drama with Megan-wasn't there a grass fire or tornado that hit your neighborhood last year while you were gone?

Grass fire was a year and half ago now. Last cruise, we did have the FLL flood that caused problems. We travel a lot, so I figured the odds and what not have to hit occasionally. It’s all good. Stresses me out a bit, but cocktails help. 😉

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, edspec said:

Fingers crossed @MeganGC1983

I am seriously thinking about never flying long distance again after what I've read this week on CC.  We'll just do cruises we can drive to, or where there are many, many flights per day.  That is so not me 😞

I like to mix it up and the same ports get boring to me. I guess this is the risk I choose to take. All good though. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

I Dream of Jeannie outfit? 

No, just some joggers, sandals, a crop and Jean jacket. Oh and a beach hat that I picked up in St Kitts that I couldn’t figure out how to pack. It barely bounce back from the suitcase ride back from FLL.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

This waiting around all day is for the birds. I’ve questioned my packing 200 times. I’m not sure where anything is located. I did just realized I made a spray tanning error. I left a bandaid on 🤦🏼‍♀️ Not noticeable at all, right?! 😬

image.jpg

I’m not about to post a golf tan picture of my ankle/foot.   They can both be covered up by wearing shoes all week.  Won’t happen with me, as I’ll be wearing my Oofos flip flops all week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’ll let ya know what they say. And if there ends up being an issue with Hotel Thissio

Make sure you speak with the hotel again, as if you don't check-in on your original date, the system may cancel your booking.....thaty's probably why they wanted you to cancel/rebook. Let them know you don't mind paying for the original 1st night, if that's the case.

• Like 2