Call me a cheerleader if you must

phoenix_dream

8 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Okay, you win. No one is unhappy because you aren't.  This mass hysteria where people wrongly think they aren't happy must stop!

Not here to win an argument as didn’t know I was in one, merely posting my opinion based on my experiences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We’ve been on many ‘X’ cruises in all classes before, during and after covid and have enjoyed every one.

Our least enjoyable one was a 4 nighter and it was the other guests who we couldn’t stand! Rude, booze cruise types.

The reason so many people complain here is that the older they become, the more picky and miserable they become!

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, C4HCG said:

I am the president of the cheerleaders club and have never sailed above Concierge. 

Since you're the self proclaimed President of the Cheerleaders Club, can you share with us your personal onboard experiences along with ship and cabin class since the restart, especially in the year of 2023? 

Patty 

• Like 2

On 6/2/2023 at 9:25 PM, mayleeman said:

Anyone else notice that most of the happy posts are from people in suites or Aqua, and most of the complaining this year has been from Concierge and below?

As I have been following this thread, I keep coming back to this question.  I have sailed both in the Retreat (Constellation) and most recently in an interior cabin (Eclipse).  Yes, you absolutely get more attention in a suite, that was the case for us even when we had a terrible butler.  But to be honest, our enjoyment of the cruise was just as high when we sailed in an interior cabin.  The key reason is a difference in expectations (plus luck of the draw with some amazing crew on the Eclipse).

If you read through threads like this one and other threads that are much more negative, the difference is often a difference in expectations.  That's not to say someone can't have bad luck and some things go really wrong on their cruise but aside from those situations, the tone of a review usually goes back to expectations.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Totally agree with the above and if you’re not happy then go elsewhere.

I can’t stand people who complain and they’re usually in a queue in front of me taking up time complaining!

We tried a Queens Grill, short Cunard cruise last year to try it out. Needless to say we missed Celebrity and couldn’t wait to get back.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Since you're the self proclaimed President of the Cheerleaders Club, can you share with us your personal onboard experiences along with ship and cabin class since the restart, especially in the year of 2023? 

Patty 

Not sailed yet in 2023. Did two in 22 and loved them both, equinox each time and concierge.

Edited by C4HCG
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Not sailed yet in 2023. Did two in 22 and loved them both, equinox each time

Had you sailed pre shutdown? Earlier than 2019? 

My experiences have been altered. Not that it's horrible as I've stated over and over but it has diminished enough that I've taken a pause in booking future cruises. 

Since food seems to be the main topic of cutbacks... 

I am curious for those who still find it amazing and often give Celebrity a lot of patience/grace if in time this will be to Celebrities advantage. I've dined out (since re opening) in many places all over the USA and always found good quality meals that were served in a timely manner. I've visited Cali, Maui, Florida, Arizona, Colorado and Michigan in the past 12 months ~ Restaurants were packed and service was great.

At some point I honestly hope that Celebrity will be who I once knew and loved but I am doubtful at this time. 

People change, life changes and things evolve. 

Patty 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

As I have been following this thread, I keep coming back to this question.  I have sailed both in the Retreat (Constellation) and most recently in an interior cabin (Eclipse).  Yes, you absolutely get more attention in a suite, that was the case for us even when we had a terrible butler.  But to be honest, our enjoyment of the cruise was just as high when we sailed in an interior cabin.  The key reason is a difference in expectations (plus luck of the draw with some amazing crew on the Eclipse).

If you read through threads like this one and other threads that are much more negative, the difference is often a difference in expectations.  That's not to say someone can't have bad luck and some things go really wrong on their cruise but aside from those situations, the tone of a review usually goes back to expectations.

This is a fair point to some degree.

For me... I guess my cruising expectations were set by my experiences of yesteryear but I'm still finding my expectations to be in alignment pre and post shutdown by land.

I suppose had I never cruised with Celebrity in years past, I'd have set a lower bar for them to meet.

I do understand the obstacles/beating the cruising industry was hit with. I do have several cruises booked and plan to sail, itinerary focused and am looking forward to them but I am less excited for the onboard experience compared to my sailings in the past. 

We shall see in time how this all shakes out. 

Patty 

Edited by cw2go

14 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Had you sailed pre shutdown? Earlier than 2019? 

My experiences have been altered. Not that it's horrible as I've stated over and over but it has diminished enough that I've taken a pause in booking future cruises. 

Since food seems to be the main topic of cutbacks... 

I am curious for those who still find it amazing and often give Celebrity a lot of patience/grace if in time this will be to Celebrities advantage. I've dined out (since re opening) in many places all over the USA and always found good quality meals that were served in a timely manner. I've visited Cali, Maui, Florida, Arizona, Colorado and Michigan in the past 12 months ~ Restaurants were packed and service was great.

At some point I honestly hope that Celebrity will be who I once knew and loved but I am doubtful at this time. 

People change, life changes and things evolve. 

Patty 

Yes but we are relative cruise novices. First ever cruises were 2019, two on the Equinox. Food has been fine for us both in OVC and MDR, we have never done speciality restaurants. We sail for the whole experience and dining out for us is one small element but if found the food poor next time we may change our minds on Celebrity but don’t expect that to happen but who knows.

• Thanks 1

I find this Celebrity board particularly toxic.  This board had me panicked before my cruise on Beyond.  It was incredible.  Now we are going on Princess and the tone of the Princess boards is wildly different.  Much more helpful, informative and positive. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Sigh.  Suite cruisers claiming they get the same treatment as non-suite.    LOL

If you are referring to my post, you are misquoting me.  I specifically said I do get more attention in suites.  I said as a Zenith (granted, a new one) I have not seen more attention paid to me.

15 hours ago, Orator said:

My experience is quite different. I was a Zenith two months after the program started and we noticed a real difference in treatment by the officers and crew. 

I haven't been Zenith very long admittedly and obviously you have been, so perhaps over time my experience will be different.  I just haven't noticed changes so far other than at CC gatherings, where sometimes Zeniths were recognized, sometimes just seated up front, and at least once not recognized at all in any way.  We'll see.  I don't really care one way or the other.  I enjoy the nice perks and never really sailed just to attain any status anyway.

14 hours ago, mayleeman said:

I was referring to the onboard recognition of the combo of suite+B2B2B+Zenith. I doubt there is much chance he isn't well-known to the officers and crew.

I know there are a few Zeniths who get lots and lots of attention.  He may be one of them I don't know.  I just know I'm not.  (not complaining, I'm happy with the perks I get and the chance to enjoy a nice cruise!)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, stringbean10 said:

I find this Celebrity board particularly toxic.  This board had me panicked before my cruise on Beyond.  It was incredible.  Now we are going on Princess and the tone of the Princess boards is wildly different.  Much more helpful, informative and positive. 

I have learnt lots from here, but agree some posters can be nasty. I’ve been called a cheerleader, hence my tongue in cheek post earlier, and it was even suggested that some of the aforesaid cheerleaders were paid by Celebrity to post 😂. I suppose that’s the thing with social media.

11 minutes ago, stringbean10 said:

I find it very toxic lately as well.  That's why I started this thread.  I know Celebrity isn't perfect but I wanted to hear some positive experiences for a change!  Unfortunately even this thread, whose sole intention was to hear positive things, is dipping here and there into negativity and in a case or two bordering on snarky.  

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

If you are referring to my post, you are misquoting me.  I specifically said I do get more attention in suites.  I said as a Zenith (granted, a new one) I have not seen more attention paid to me.

There are some with Zenith status who like to flaunt it on board.  Last cruise, there was a couple who had multiple SeaPass cards all from past cruises on this special lanyard.  Then there is one poster who asks other cruisers about the class they are cruising and then introduce self as "My name is X and I am a Zenith".    These individuals do get to be  known on the ship for one reason or another.    

I think some the issues taking place is that there has been a big turnover in help and many staff are learning their jobs.  Just got to be patient with them.

28 minutes ago, stringbean10 said:

What I find particularly interesting is that on Facebook, the opposite is true (at least in my experience).  The Princess group I am in is by far more toxic than the Celebrity group I am in.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, stringbean10 said:

There are two sides to everything. Negativity can be informative and can also effect change, but it can be toxic too. Positivity can also be toxic when it includes duplicity. I'll leave it at that because the premise of this thread is a good one and OP is always fair and balanced.

• Like 1

@phoenix_dream first off a big Congrats for making Zenith! 

In regards to your thread and post(s) why even bring up the concept of Cheerleader?  It carries a negative connotation here that some (mostly disgruntled) members use for everybody and anybody that enjoyed their Celebrity cruises and have positive things to say about them.  You have opinions I respect and you always come across as balanced and pretty accurate.  I am glad you are enjoying cruising on Celebrity, and many here forget how much we missed it in the dark days of the pandemic shutdown.  Again, congrats and thanks!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

many here forget how much we missed it in the dark days of the pandemic shutdown

We had to cancel 7 cruises, leapfrogging forward, and we are still waiting! Hopefully Feb Reflection will take place... 🙏

• Like 1

6 hours ago, swjumbo said:

The reason so many people complain here is that the older they become, the more picky and miserable they become!

I've read somewhere that it was because older people no longer had the time to put up with stupidity.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Why do some posters equate the role of a critic with criticism?

A movie critic, for example, watches a movie and, based on having watched many movies, gives an opinion.  The critique can be positive or negative.

Some movie critics have given horrible ratings for many movies that became blockbusters.

It is good that some cruisers will move on to another line to size up the competition.  At the same time cruisers from other lines are trying Celebrity because of disenchantment with their former cruise line.

The opinions that I value are from frequent cruisers who value Celebrity because they have tried the alternatives and can give an honest critique of the experience.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, C 2 C said:

Why do some posters equate the role of a critic with criticism?

A movie critic, for example, watches a movie and, based on having watched many movies, gives an opinion.  The critique can be positive or negative.

Some movie critics have given horrible ratings for many movies that became blockbusters.

It is good that some cruisers will move on to another line to size up the competition.  At the same time cruisers from other lines are trying Celebrity because of disenchantment with their former cruise line.

The opinions that I value are from frequent cruisers who value Celebrity because they have tried the alternatives and can give an honest critique of the experience.

Fair point but to be honest, I wouldn’t make any choice based on what I read here. This forum is great to learn the rules on stuff, things that are facts. Otherwise it’s just opinion which is subjective, but interesting to read. Celebrity can’t be all bad as the numerous posters who dislike it still post regularly.

I think it is totally based on push/pull factors.  If one has a negative experience or two, they will start looking for alternatives.  If one finds a fantastic deal elsewhere, they will be tempted to test the waters... 

Most people are satisfied to stay with what is known vs the unknown.

A comedian once said that a "friend" had read that most accidents happen close to home.  So he moved.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, C4HCG said:

it was even suggested that some of the aforesaid cheerleaders were paid by Celebrity to post 😂.

Yeah, and I took a paid-cheerleader-accusation "bullet" meant for you in the Japan cancellation thread a little over a month ago, if you remember.  The posts have since been deleted.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 2