Dining Options

Keith1010

4 hours ago, kool kruiser said:

Other sample menus have also been posted and there will probably be more to come, as each dining option has a menus tab.

Interestingly, Scoops now references Italian-style gelato and not Ben and Jerrys.

I  Agree.  I am sure more to come

its all goid

Keitg

• Like 1

I see a picture of Charles Heidsieck Champagne under room service, which makes me very happy! But then the Waterside lunch menu says "complimentary wine selection" and the dinner menu lists "all inclusive wine" which has me a little nervous. I've never cruised Crystal before, and now I'm worried this is going to be one of those Viking situations where I only get wine and bubbles at meals. I just looked and my booking doesn't say anything specifically about included beverages other than the information on the stateroom page. This will definitely be a big leap of faith for me and I will be all kinds of bummed if Champagne Charlie isn't available at all times on my 11 nighter! 😉 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tnm6217 said:

I see a picture of Charles Heidsieck Champagne under room service, which makes me very happy! But then the Waterside lunch menu says "complimentary wine selection" and the dinner menu lists "all inclusive wine" which has me a little nervous. I've never cruised Crystal before, and now I'm worried this is going to be one of those Viking situations where I only get wine and bubbles at meals. I just looked and my booking doesn't say anything specifically about included beverages other than the information on the stateroom page. This will definitely be a big leap of faith for me and I will be all kinds of bummed if Champagne Charlie isn't available at all times on my 11 nighter! 😉 

All beverages are included whenever you want.

Concerning bubbles : if  new C really is intending to serve Charles Heidsick  as complimentary , it maybe  is the best "bubbles" in the all inclusive IMHO 

Was served years ago on French Ponant , now back to Abelé 

But do not mix up with Heidsick Monopole what is a lot cheaper as "Charles" - and now served on Regent and SS however on SS Pommery is available by request 

I was informed  on Explora  welcome bubbles in normal suite would be Veuve Clicquot , free Champagne  regular Moët.

The bubbles on old C   "Jacquart" were not bad at all.  

• Like 2

The Bistro obviously is moving to a more Italian French  style   - no sign of the Portugese tarts🙃

IMHO menu in Osteria moved to a more elaborated cuisine as the usual  traditionals  - described as pasta with sauce 

Several other luxury companies moved to hown made ice or gelati as well  so new C will join as well

Feeling sorry that I am fully booked for 2023 , seeing those pics and reading the menus and the VERY good news said by Keith the  resto managers will be back , hoping a lot of the friendly headwaiters  are back as well and the bartenders , too. 

Still homesick for the great martini's ( not the size😄 )  on old C - on other luxury companies i had to send back some and on German Hapag I never order a martini cocktail 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AtA said:

All beverages are included whenever you want.

Not correct at all - only the included wines and spirits are available without charge - there is a seperate list which will include the Charles Heidsick champagne is available to purchase - unless there has been a change with new Crystal over what old Crystal offered as part of inclusive 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vistaman said:

I presume that giant portion of caviar on "room service " is only for PH ?? 

Since ordering from the specialty restaurants is available to the Junior Crystal Penthouses and Crystal Penthouses only I'm going to "guess" that caviar is available INCLUDED to those only. 

Time will tell

Patty

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vistaman said:

Concerning bubbles : if  new C really is intending to serve Charles Heidsick  as complimentary , it maybe  is the best "bubbles" in the all inclusive IMHO 

But do not mix up with Heidsick Monopole what is a lot cheaper as "Charles" - and now served on Regent and SS however on SS Pommery is available by request 

I was informed  on Explora  welcome bubbles in normal suite would be Veuve Clicquot , free Champagne  regular Moët.

This post made me smile...Champagne matters!

I cruised Ponant last November (will not cruise with them again) and was very happy with as much Charles Heidsieck as I wanted. It definitely made up for the other complimentary wines they served which were between $5-10 retail. 

Earlier this year, Celebrity had Cattier Brut Icone on their ships (premium package), but they no longer have it available, which is sad because it was a really lovely Champagne. They have consistently had Chandon, which is a solid American option IMO, and you could buy Perrier Jouet by the bottle.

I sailed on Norwegian in February (before I knew any better) and while there isn't much good I could say about that experience, they did have a gorgeous wine list if you upgraded to premium. Veuve and Pommery Rose were available any time and you could order a bottle at dinner and take it back to your room.

For those lucky folks who will be trying out NC here shortly, I would love a full report on the wine and bubbles!

As told Ponant moved back to Abelé what is not bad at all - i only did one Ponant I will never return despite the great and not too pricey wine list.

I am very curious for new C... if Manfredi group stll can use his connections with Italian wineries as on SS , that would be great 

During my annual cheap cruise on MSC in Yacht Club  , they ran out of Heidsick Monopole Bleu top and were forced to substitute : by Taittinger Brut nearly double the price 

comsumption of bubbles increased suddenly 😁

On 6/4/2023 at 9:51 AM, vistaman said:

We had Jacquart in the MSC yacht club. I am glad to hear Explora will serve Veuve Clicquot. It is my favorite.

Charles Heidsieck is OK. If this will ve a rose, I will be happy 😃 

Ivi

4 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

We had Jacquart in the MSC yacht club. I am glad to hear Explora will serve Veuve Clicquot. It is my favorite.

Ivi

4 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Ivi

No Veuve Clicquot is the welcome bottle , Moët is the complimentary 

This morning I noticed that the option to see some of the sample menus from Umi Uma and a few other dining options has been removed.  I wonder if they are working on this to include menus from all options?

1 hour ago, jet65 said:

This morning I noticed that the option to see some of the sample menus from Umi Uma and a few other dining options has been removed.  I wonder if they are working on this to include menus from all options?

They have them on the reservation system but more than likely updating them as you noted and there was some confusion on the sushi menu so a good idea to make whatever they show "Crystal Clear".

Keith

• Like 1