Food for embarkation in a suite.

What food does Royal leave you in a suite on Harmony? On some suite review videos, some of them show food in the room on embarkation day. I'm asking this because I wanted to surprise my parents with chocolate covered strawberries, but I didn't want to buy it if they already come inside the room. I am a Emerald member in a CLS if that matters.

3 minutes ago, avatar133 said:

What food does Royal leave you in a suite on Harmony? On some suite review videos, some of them show food in the room on embarkation day. I'm asking this because I wanted to surprise my parents with chocolate covered strawberries, but I didn't want to buy it if they already come inside the room. I am a Emerald member in a CLS if that matters.

Plate of cookies and sometimes a fruit plate on embarkation day 

That has been our most recent experiences.

Strawberries normally day 3 or 4 for us anyways

ymmv

It does depend on your Crown and Anchor status as far as the "Chef's Choice" in your stateroom on embarkation day. Wife and I are Diamond and have had cookies, fruit plate and even strawberries once, however, the best way to ensure you get the strawberries is to order them.

I second the comment from bonsai3s regarding lunch at the Coastal Kitchen. 

1 hour ago, smar1500 said:

It does depend on your Crown and Anchor status as far as the "Chef's Choice" in your stateroom on embarkation day. Wife and I are Diamond and have had cookies, fruit plate and even strawberries once, however, the best way to ensure you get the strawberries is to order them.

I second the comment from bonsai3s regarding lunch at the Coastal Kitchen. 

We usually do Park Cafe on embarkation day lunch because it's not nearly as crowded as the Windjammer. This is our first time in a suite. Is Coastal Kitchen crowded on embarkation day?

28 minutes ago, avatar133 said:

We usually do Park Cafe on embarkation day lunch because it's not nearly as crowded as the Windjammer. This is our first time in a suite. Is Coastal Kitchen crowded on embarkation day?

In our experience CK (Coastal Kitchen) has never been crowded on embarkation day.

ymmv

Tip:

When in suite we always go straight to SL (Suite Lounge) Get an adult beverage and have somewhere for our carry-ons.

Also speak with concierge and double check all dining and all show schedules are correct.

You may or may not be aware SL and CK are connected with 2 entrances 

Either way in works for both venues 

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

Pre-order the strawberries.  

We were in an Owner's Suite on Wonder and we received cookies on embarkation day.  Further into the cruise we received chocolate covered strawberries.  I was Emerald as well for that cruise (made Diamond on 2nd day).

Definitely do Coastal Kitchen on embarkation day!  It's so nice and quiet compared to the chaos elsewhere on the ship.  There was hardly anyone there and the food was delicious.

• Like 1

We stay in a CLS and do not recall any snacks in our stateroom.  However you are on the floor of the coastal kitchen and suite lounge and can typically help yourself to food and snacks most of the day.  The star class suites have a genie, who indulges star class guests with tons of snacks and food.  Enjoy your cruise.

On 6/3/2023 at 12:21 PM, avatar133 said:

You will receive an email from the suite concierge about a week prior to your sail date. If you let them know what you would like in your CLS when you get on board, they usually can make those arrangements for you. They can also make dining reservations for you.

Just as a data point as I know CL suites are not star class, but If you are in top 10ish suites and are star class--you can/will have more food than you can dream of.  Our Genie asked our preferences and went above and beyond from that...favorite drinks for wife and I delivered promptly at designated happy hour with accompanying mock tails for the kids,  along with 2-3 hot hors d'oeuvres, chips and salsa, sushi etc..