Air Canada Pilots Contract??

3Shelaghs

10 hours ago, 3Shelaghs said:

I say give them what they are asking for. Keep them happy and in Canada!

If world events continue to deteriorate, we all may not be flying again for awhile. We don't need anymore of our pilots leaving for greener pastures!!!

I dunno, comparing salaries with American equivalents is, IMHO,  a very slippery slope. "Oh, you're a school teacher? Then you don't get any raises until the US catches up with Canada."   Also, nurses and doctors would bankrupt our already precarious medical system if they were at parity with their American counterparts.

• Like 3

The great brain drain started a few decades back. A ton of our doctors said goodbye to sunnier locals and sweeter salaries,( and no ridiculous capping) nurses said take this job and shove it and left the profession during and after Covid, or went to US for better pay for same abuse.  So I say keep the pilots happy, stop the downgrading of their needed training and experience and keep them flying happy and skilled, and two in the cockpit!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am flying return Toronto to Rome in November.  I asked my friend who is an AC pilot if they are going to strike in November.  He replied “ if they strike, it won’t be until next year, could be like March if they do”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 10/31/2023 at 9:16 AM, phabric said:

I am flying return Toronto to Rome in November.  I asked my friend who is an AC pilot if they are going to strike in November.  He replied “ if they strike, it won’t be until next year, could be like March if they do”.

Well, crap! That puts me back in the line of fire. Back to worrying and coming up with plans B, C, D, E, and F

I wonder if they'll target the March break, Monday, March 11 to Friday, March 15.

My friend said “could be March” . You never know with strikes, they might settle before a strike happens.

On 10/31/2023 at 2:16 PM, phabric said:

Great news for us , our flight is during US Thanksgiving time 

only problem now if the US will have a shutdown or not 

Been through one in 2017 , we didn’t get off a ship until 2 pm after a transatlantic 😢

59 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Great news for us , our flight is during US Thanksgiving time 

only problem now if the US will have a shutdown or not 

Been through one in 2017 , we didn’t get off a ship until 2 pm after a transatlantic 😢

US Shutdown ? Can you explain what you mean I’m confused. Thank you 

2 hours ago, shirley valentine said:

US Shutdown ? Can you explain what you mean I’m confused. Thank you 

I think it's the US government possibility of shutdown in Nov. which can affect airline controllers, cruise ship shore employees and others.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...