Hampton Inn Suites Brickell question

Ashland

Brickell City Centre is very walkable, just a couple of minutes from the hotel.  There are a lot of shops there from Saks Fifth Ave, to Sephora to Apple.  It’s a beautiful open air 3 story mall that spans across South Miami Ave and also has plenty of restaurants and a movie theater. Here is the link to see what is there.  

https://www.brickellcitycentre.com/

You are within walking distance of 2 Publix grocery stores, a Walgreens, a CVS, liquor stores etc.  

As far as restaurants are concerned, there are a lot within walking distance.  From fast food to high end restaurants.  Mary Brickell Village is around the corner.  You also have a sports pub right below called Batch Gastro pub.  

It would help if you gave an idea of what kind of restaurants you are looking for so it can be narrowed down.  From locally owned places like River Oyster and Toscana Divino to chains like Flemings and Trulucks, you will find them all.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Brickell City Centre is very walkable, just a couple of minutes from the hotel.  There are a lot of shops there from Saks Fifth Ave, to Sephora to Apple.  It’s a beautiful open air 3 story mall that spans across South Miami Ave and also has plenty of restaurants and a movie theater. Here is the link to see what is there.  

https://www.brickellcitycentre.com/

You are within walking distance of 2 Publix grocery stores, a Walgreens, a CVS, liquor stores etc.  

As far as restaurants are concerned, there are a lot within walking distance.  From fast food to high end restaurants.  Mary Brickell Village is around the corner.  You also have a sports pub right below called Batch Gastro pub.  

It would help if you gave an idea of what kind of restaurants you are looking for so it can be narrowed down.  From locally owned places like River Oyster and Toscana Divino to chains like Flemings and Trulucks, you will find them all.  

Fast food or diner type. We'll be arriving early evening from a long flight and not interested in walking to something too far away... Only there for one night pre-cruise.

Thanks so much for responding. 

22 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Fast food or diner type. We'll be arriving early evening from a long flight and not interested in walking to something too far away... Only there for one night pre-cruise.

Thanks so much for responding. 

https://www.brickellcitycentre.com/whats-here/restaurant-spotlight

If you come out of the hotel turn right  then right again there were several eateries  depending on your interests

less than 5 mins away

Batch Gastropub just outside the hotel

• Thanks 1

There aren't any diners in Brickell but you have plenty of choices close by for a quick bite. 

Coyo Taco is a few steps away and excellent. You place your order at the counter and wait. 

My Ceviche is right around the corner and will be quick. They have tables inside and a few outside. Delicious food. Same idea as above. 

Batch is a sit down gastro pub downstairs but service can be slow. The food is good and they do have a happy hour. If there are 

Piola is right around the corner for pizza and is usually fairly quick. 

There is a Shake Shack (burgers) at Mary Brickell Village which is only a few minutes walk. 

Sergio's Cuban cafe is right downstairs next to Batch and you can grab a quick bite of food or a sandwich. They do close at 8 pm. I do prefer Latin Cafe 2000 for this. 

Brickell City Center is about a 10 minute walk. 

Living in Brickell right by that hotel for 8 years I ate at many do those places quite often and will say My Ceviche was always a great quick bite. I'll be there Tuesday and will try and remember to take some pictures of the block for you. 

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

There aren't any diners in Brickell but you have plenty of choices close by for a quick bite. 

Coyo Taco is a few steps away and excellent. You place your order at the counter and wait. 

My Ceviche is right around the corner and will be quick. They have tables inside and a few outside. Delicious food. Same idea as above. 

Batch is a sit down gastro pub downstairs but service can be slow. The food is good and they do have a happy hour. If there are 

Piola is right around the corner for pizza and is usually fairly quick. 

There is a Shake Shack (burgers) at Mary Brickell Village which is only a few minutes walk. 

Sergio's Cuban cafe is right downstairs next to Batch and you can grab a quick bite of food or a sandwich. They do close at 8 pm. I do prefer Latin Cafe 2000 for this. 

Brickell City Center is about a 10 minute walk. 

Living in Brickell right by that hotel for 8 years I ate at many do those places quite often and will say My Ceviche was always a great quick bite. I'll be there Tuesday and will try and remember to take some pictures of the block for you. 

Thanks so much...Looked at My Ceviche but not our type of food. But appreciate all your help.

10 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks so much...Looked at My Ceviche but not our type of food. But appreciate all your help.

You are welcome. 

Moxies at Mary Brickell village is another great spot for a bite to eat and not a far walk. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

You are welcome. 

Moxies at Mary Brickell village is another great spot for a bite to eat and not a far walk. 

We would always walk over to Perricone's for dinner but I know they moved, is the new location much further away? Can we walk or should we Uber? Have you heard if their food is still good, or has it gone downhill which I know has happened to a lot of restaurants post covid. 

9 minutes ago, disneylover89 said:

We would always walk over to Perricone's for dinner but I know they moved, is the new location much further away? Can we walk or should we Uber? Have you heard if their food is still good, or has it gone downhill which I know has happened to a lot of restaurants post covid. 

The new location is a bit further away and on the other side of I95. It's about a half mile walk, about 10 minutes.   Very different location and I loved the bar at the old one with the tree as part of it.

You can walk to Perricones if you don't mind walking.  You would just take a left once you left the hotel and then a left onto SE 1st.  Then a right at the next light onto SE 13th (Coral Way). walk up past the gas station and the Chase (stay on this side of the road) and when you get the fork (circle), vear to the left.  You will see Perricones immediately after going under I 95.

I haven't eaten there in a long time so can't say how the food currently is and while my friends have gone, it's no longer where they go for happy hour or food. 

Brenda who was one of the bartenders at Perricones actually now bartends at Toscana Divino at Mary Brickell Village. 

For similar Italian style food, North Italia is right at Mary Brickell Village and a nicer walk. 

5 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

The new location is a bit further away and on the other side of I95. It's about a half mile walk, about 10 minutes.   Very different location and I loved the bar at the old one with the tree as part of it.

You can walk to Perricones if you don't mind walking.  You would just take a left once you left the hotel and then a left onto SE 1st.  Then a right at the next light onto SE 13th (Coral Way). walk up past the gas station and the Chase (stay on this side of the road) and when you get the fork (circle), vear to the left.  You will see Perricones immediately after going under I 95.

I haven't eaten there in a long time so can't say how the food currently is and while my friends have gone, it's no longer where they go for happy hour or food. 

Brenda who was one of the bartenders at Perricones actually now bartends at Toscana Divino at Mary Brickell Village. 

For similar Italian style food, North Italia is right at Mary Brickell Village and a nicer walk. 

Thank you so much for the info!!

This thread is helpful!  We're staying at this hotel on 7/29 before our 7/30 cruise and also have it reserved 8/5-8/8 for afterward.  Going on our first cruise!

Edited by Spartn1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Spartn1 said:

This thread is helpful!  We're staying at this hotel on 7/29 before our 7/30 cruise and also have it reserved 8/5-8/8 for afterward.  Going on our first cruise!

Welcome to Cruise Critic !!

Glad my thread has helped a bit. Please come back and let me know your thoughts on this hotel and where you might have eaten...also your transportation options and price point.

17 hours ago, Ashland said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic !!

Glad my thread has helped a bit. Please come back and let me know your thoughts on this hotel and where you might have eaten...also your transportation options and price point.

I'm actually staying at the hotel tonight. Check in was great. The staff is extremely friendly. Rooms are extremely clean. 

Lunch was at Moxies in Mary Brickell with a friend. Did stop in at Batch for a happy hour cocktail and $1 wings and did the Nashville hot. They were good. 

Went to see the friends and staff at Flemings steakhouse and had an amazing dinner at the bar. Love the management team here and if Krysta takes care of you, you are in for a treat. 

if you are looking for quick sandwiches or backed goods, there are two Rosetta bakeries and everything in there looks delicious. One is right before the Burger King and Brickell city centre on South Miami ave and the other is in the bottom floor of the Four Seasons building on Brickell ave. Figure I will go there tomorrow as the nuggets are staying there as tomorrow is game 3 of the playoffs. Go Heat!  

view from my window. 

IMG_1008.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I'm actually staying at the hotel tonight. Check in was great. The staff is extremely friendly. Rooms are extremely clean. 

Lunch was at Moxies in Mary Brickell with a friend. Did stop in at Batch for a happy hour cocktail and $1 wings and did the Nashville hot. They were good. 

Went to see the friends and staff at Flemings steakhouse and had an amazing dinner at the bar. Love the management team here and if Krysta takes care of you, you are in for a treat. 

if you are looking for quick sandwiches or backed goods, there are two Rosetta bakeries and everything in there looks delicious. One is right before the Burger King and Brickell city centre on South Miami ave and the other is in the bottom floor of the Four Seasons building on Brickell ave. Figure I will go there tomorrow as the nuggets are staying there as tomorrow is game 3 of the playoffs. Go Heat!  

view from my window. 

IMG_1008.jpeg

Thank you so very much...so helpful !!!

Moxies is a good bet. But make a reservation it can get busy. 

There is a shake shack close by. The options are endless. Talking about being in the middle and most dense part of Miami.