Galveston Hotel with Shuttle to Cruiseport

wizfourfam

7 hours ago, wizfourfam said:

Can anyone recommend a Galveston Hotel that also provides a shuttle to the cruiseport?  Trying to keep the trip simple first time out.  

The simplest trip we've done from Galveston is this:  Stay the night before at the Bush Airport Marriott.  There's a tram from the gates to the hotel.  Book a shuttle any of the shuttle companies or from the cruise line to get to the port on departure day.  Did this before and doing it again in Feb.

• Like 2

We stayed at the The Tremont House.  Really loved this hotel and the way it was easy to walk around to restaurants & bars.  The day of our cruise we saw a shuttle from the hotel but we don't know the details.  We found it easy to walk over to the port ourselves with our rolling luggage....and we have been retired for a few years😊   

If you are interested in the Tremont, suggest you call them direct and ask about their shuttle.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

The simplest trip we've done from Galveston is this:  Stay the night before at the Bush Airport Marriott.  There's a tram from the gates to the hotel.  Book a shuttle any of the shuttle companies or from the cruise line to get to the port on departure day.  Did this before and doing it again in Feb.

That is our back up plan.  Thought it might be fun to check out downtown Galveston since we are traveling with our youngest Son and his GF. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

We stayed at the The Tremont House.  Really loved this hotel and the way it was easy to walk around to restaurants & bars.  The day of our cruise we saw a shuttle from the hotel but we don't know the details.  We found it easy to walk over to the port ourselves with our rolling luggage....and we have been retired for a few years😊   

If you are interested in the Tremont, suggest you call them direct and ask about their shuttle.

We are sailing on Royal Caribbean and understand the new terminal is not walkable.  😢  I will have to call the Tremont since their website states you have to get their parking packing to get the shuttle to port.  Thank you!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wizfourfam said:

That is our back up plan.  Thought it might be fun to check out downtown Galveston since we are traveling with our youngest Son and his GF. 

We spent two days in Galveston pre-cruise last October and had a great time!  The downtown Strand area is very walkable and SO much fun.  Lots of good restaurants plus live music from the bars that you can hear while you walk down the street.    Hope you have an awesome time😊  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wizfourfam said:

Anyone know what the area is like around Hobby airport?  Looking at staying at the Doubletree.  

Not the best but not the worst. I wouldn't walk between the Doubletree and any of the restaurants within a few blocks, but I would take the shuttle between the airport and the hotel. As to walkable restaurants, it's basically all fast food.

On 6/5/2023 at 8:55 PM, wizfourfam said:

Anyone know what the area is like around Hobby airport?  Looking at staying at the Doubletree.  

Not much , we have stayed there several times nice hotel with restaurant and a nice bar . 

We have a reservation at the Hilton Galveston Island, 5400 Sewall Blvd. I just spoke to the hotel and they said they have a shuttle to the port for $10 pp. Now I need to find transportation to the hotel from IAH that doesn't break the bank.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

We have a reservation at the Hilton Galveston Island, 5400 Sewall Blvd. I just spoke to the hotel and they said they have a shuttle to the port for $10 pp. Now I need to find transportation to the hotel from IAH that doesn't break the bank.

I believe it used to be free , I like the Hilton nice location, they had live music when we were there . Nice pool area .

15 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

You may find  this helpful:

https://www.cruzely.com/how-to-get-from-the-houston-airport-to-the-galveston-cruise-port/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going to stay at the Moody Gardens hotel and looks like they have a cruise port shuttle for $20 per room. We are just two so maybe Lyft is cheaper

Edited by toras
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, toras said:

Going to stay at the Moody Gardens hotel and looks like they have a cruise port shuttle for $20 per room. We are just two so maybe Lyft is cheaper

I recommend taking the hotel shuttle. Lyft, Uber or Taxi you could have a long wait or not even availability.  Why stress over a few dollars?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 6:55 PM, George C said:

I believe it used to be free , I like the Hilton nice location, they had live music when we were there . Nice pool area .

The shuttle is free if you purchase the parking package.

On 6/21/2023 at 6:45 PM, toras said:

We are also staying in Moody Gardens and I am sure we will be using Lyft or Uber , looking forward to trying this hotel/resort.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 7:45 PM, toras said:

Moody told me the shuttle has been discontinued. Taxi or Lyft.

they offered $60 per week parking if you want to leave a car.

On 6/4/2023 at 9:21 PM, wizfourfam said:

We are sailing on Royal Caribbean and understand the new terminal is not walkable.  😢  I will have to call the Tremont since their website states you have to get their parking packing to get the shuttle to port.  Thank you!

Uber is also an option for hotel-ship.

Edited by dan4182
Typo