Dining reservations on Explora

bitob

That's really close in time.  Most lines let you reserve around 120 days out.  Be interesting to see how this evolves.

Is there a hierarchy for booking as on some lines?  eg  large suites book first?

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I was told there are No pre cruise reservations offered. We go on 17/7 so will report back 

We do not sail until November, but have been told the same.  That reservations prior to boarding “won’t be necessary”. Guess we will see! 

Edited by happy cruzin
  • Like 1

I agree we probably won’t need reservations in the restaurants, but was just emailed last week that they are working out the kinks with the reservation system and it should be up and running by mid month. I’m not too concerned if it’s not as I don’t think a reservation will be necessary on my cruise. 

Please do let us know how it goes on the July 17th sailing. I can’t wait to hear what everyone thinks. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

What do folks do about breakfast that do not eat from buffets ? Would hate to have room service every morning in cabin. Thinking we made a mistake booking Explora. We enjoy Yacht Club having 3 meals a day in the YC restaurant.

No offence but why are you assuming that there won’t be a sit down breakfast?  No one has suggested or intimidated that this would be happening…

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

No offence but why are you assuming that there won’t be a sit down breakfast?  No one has suggested or intimidated that this would be happening…

Skipped over Fil Rouge as it appeared to be just a French inspired dinner restaurant. Having been a great admirer of our eminent American writer Mark Twain who wrote " A man accustomed to American food and American domestic cookery would not starve to death in Europe, but I think he would gradually waste away and eventually die." Thus, I have tended to shy away from such cuisine.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Skipped over Fil Rouge as it appeared to be just a French inspired dinner restaurant. Having been a great admirer of our eminent American writer Mark Twain who wrote " A man accustomed to American food and American domestic cookery would not starve to death in Europe, but I think he would gradually waste away and eventually die." Thus, I have tended to shy away from such cuisine.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I think that a formal sit down breakfast would be de rigeur on a luxury line but what is this Yacht Club breakfast you speak of?

image.thumb.jpeg.b12e06ef71d2583b60b8ba9af995fe2f.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I think that a formal sit down breakfast would be de rigeur on a luxury line but what is this Yacht Club breakfast you speak of?

image.thumb.jpeg.b12e06ef71d2583b60b8ba9af995fe2f.jpeg

"What is the difference between American breakfast and French breakfast?

American breakfasts are typically filled with greasy and fatty food products such as pancakes with plenty of maple syrup, bacon, eggs, and so on. The main difference between a French breakfast and an American breakfast is the fact that it never comes with meat in France."
  We start out with this plate, before we place our  breakfast order. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, ask any farmer.

IMG_1611.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Found this floating around

"Reservations are only required for the following restaurants:
- Sakura: dinner only, lunch is open seating;
- Marbel & Co. Grill and Anthology: dinner only, lunch is open seating
Anthology comes with an experience fee applicable to be paid on board. 190€p.p.
Our Emporium Marketplace, Med Yacht Club and Fil Rouge restaurants are open seating, no reservation required.
Emporium is buffet style only.
It might happen that we will have shared tables.
When on board you will surely be able to amend your restaurant bookings via dedicated concierge or costumer service line.
Prior departure you are able to make only one reservation per restaurant. Then when on board you will be able to make more reservations for the same restaurant if you desire."

2 hours ago, Wheelhouse said:

Our Emporium Marketplace, Med Yacht Club and Fil Rouge restaurants are open seating, no reservation required.
When on board you will surely be able to amend your restaurant bookings via dedicated concierge or costumer service line.
Prior departure you are able to make only one reservation per restaurant. Then when on board you will be able to make more reservations for the same restaurant if you desire."

"costumer" service - reminds me of Crystal's Mozart teas!

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2023 at 7:23 PM, Wheelhouse said:

Thanks! This is helpful 

Funny thing about breakfast buffets vs sit down.  On Seabourn, they generally have both with the very popular Colonnade (a buffet combined with some table service) and sit down in "The Restaurant."  As is typical on many ships, the buffet has a much larger selection of items.  On our recent cruise we never saw more than a few folks (usually less than 10) having sit down breakfast. 

On our first Seabourn Cruise (a few years ago), DW and I tried the sit down venue (for breakfast) and have never returned :).  We really enjoy the Colonnade breakfast where we can order any kind of eggs, pancakes, etc. and also enhance our breakfast from the nearby buffet which has various fruits, bacon, sausages, donuts, a variety of breads, etc.   In a sense, it is the best of both worlds.  Seabourn will also get me a "French Press" of coffee (much better than machine-made coffee) and I wonder if that will be an option on E1.

Hank

• Like 3

1 hour ago, InsGuy3 said:

We just made dinner reservations by calling Explora directly. Very easy and convenient. FYI,  for guests in the Residence suites on a B2B you are allowed to make 2 reservations for each of Sakura and Marble.

2 reservations each week or just one, like everyone else. 2 at Sakura and 2 at Marble each week ? A total of 4 dining opportunities in 14 days. Can they all be Marble? We would skip Sakura all together.

14 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

2 reservations each week or just one, like everyone else. 2 at Sakura and 2 at Marble each week ? A total of 4 dining opportunities in 14 days. Can they all be Marble? We would skip Sakura all together.

I was told that we can do 2 reservations each in Sakura and Marble on a B2B while in a Residence Suite. 

2 hours ago, InsGuy3 said:

We just made dinner reservations by calling Explora directly. Very easy and convenient. FYI,  for guests in the Residence suites on a B2B you are allowed to make 2 reservations for each of Sakura and Marble.

Good to know.  Our TA enquired several weeks ago, they said 1+1 initially and another 1+1 once onboard..  Good to know you got both in advance.

When onboard -- can you post the Residence Room menu, as it is supposed to be different with several items from each of the restaurants.

6 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Good to know.  Our TA enquired several weeks ago, they said 1+1 initially and another 1+1 once onboard..  Good to know you got both in advance.

When onboard -- can you post the Residence Room menu, as it is supposed to be different with several items from each of the restaurants.

Of course. Will do that. We board in November.