Who can help with access to a Helipad sailaway ?

Josie2

I’m organizing an extended family cruise including with some first timers.  It would be awesome if we were able to get on for a helipad sailaway.  I know access is limited and by invitation only.  Any suggestions who I should speak to on board to help with this ?   Captains club host?  We are Elite Plus so maybe that will help.  

4 minutes ago, Josie2 said:

I’m organizing an extended family cruise including with some first timers.  It would be awesome if we were able to get on for a helipad sailaway.  I know access is limited and by invitation only.  Any suggestions who I should speak to on board to help with this ?   Captains club host?  We are Elite Plus so maybe that will help.  

Your best shot is speaking with the CC host. A lot depends on itinerary. Many times the sailaway/sailins are the exclusive domain of Retreat guests. That said, I have never had anyone check yet for an invitation when I went to one (I had one each time). Sometimes it is open to all,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josie2 said:

As the others have said, your best bet is to talk to the Captains Club host/team as soon as your cruise starts.  If you ask nicely, I think your chances are pretty good.  Your status may help but please don't go there starting the conversation with "I am an Elite Plus member and........"

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 6

I only noted my CC status in the context of wondering if the CC host was an appropriate person to ask.   I am quite able to present my request appropriately and politely. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Josie2 said:

I only noted my CC status in the context of wondering if the CC host was an appropriate person to ask.   I am quite able to present my request appropriately and politely. 

I'm sure you are and obviously I don't know you to even suggest that you would actually say such a thing.  It was appropriate of you to note your CC status in your post. I just wanted an excuse to post the video!

Good luck and I hope you are able to get your family out onto the helipad.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Are you possibly booked in Concierge Class?  We have had helipad sail sways on some of our cruises when booked in Concierge class.  If you are Concierge class speak to the Concierge as they arrange those. 

• Like 1

The last cruise we were on (Constellation in Oct/Nov) the Concierge and Captains Club personnel were all merged together as a team at the Captains Club desk located by Guest Relations.  Is it like that on the other ships?

IMG_4464.thumb.jpeg.d2c569025ee88b95607a24bad743327c.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

2 minutes ago, Mark.Jules said:

Out of curiosity, with the smaller helipads on E class ships, is there a helipad sail away on E class? If not is there a comparable substitute?

Good question.  We’re on Beyond.  

26 minutes ago, Mark.Jules said:

Out of curiosity, with the smaller helipads on E class ships, is there a helipad sail away on E class? If not is there a comparable substitute?

No worry.  There is still enough room for a sail-a-way.  😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RTShaker said:

Your best shot is speaking with the CC host. A lot depends on itinerary. Many times the sailaway/sailins are the exclusive domain of Retreat guests. That said, I have never had anyone check yet for an invitation when I went to one (I had one each time). Sometimes it is open to all,

On January cruise a little more lax. End of April cruise, invitations were checked!  As well as appropriate shoes.  (They always say close toed and in the past, people didn’t comply. Last cruise, people were turned away until they complied.).  Think it will depend on how strictly things are adhered to 

1 minute ago, 1Virgo said:

On January cruise a little more lax. End of April cruise, invitations were checked!  As well as appropriate shoes.  (They always say close toed and in the past, people didn’t comply. Last cruise, people were turned away until they complied.).  Think it will depend on how strictly things are adhered to 

Yes, we had people with open toed shoes declined. They were quite miffed since they were first in line. The staff member who held the fort didn't say anything to them until the door opened and were about to enter the theatre.

1 hour ago, PSU said:

No helipad sail away on Edge class ships. We were on the Beyond in a suite and that is what we were told.

I had a feeling this was the case, I have never saw one happen when we were on the Apex.

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

As the others have said, your best bet is to talk to the Captains Club host/team as soon as your cruise starts.  If you ask nicely, I think your chances are pretty good.  Your status may help but please don't go there starting the conversation with "I am an Elite Plus member and........"

LOL. This is exactly what I picture every time I read people add their CC status to their enquires.

Yeah…. You and half the ship. 

49 minutes ago, Zacb said:

LOL. This is exactly what I picture every time I read people add their CC status to their enquires.

Yeah…. You and half the ship. 

I really like the video. I should have found a more graceful way to introduce it without suggesting that the OP might do that. 

8 hours ago, RTShaker said:

Yes, we had people with open toed shoes declined. They were quite miffed since they were first in line. The staff member who held the fort didn't say anything to them until the door opened and were about to enter the theatre.

This is almost funny since the invite states clearly that closed toed shoes must be worn. Every time we we flip flops and 'evening shoes'

B2B are often invited to helipad. Elite only if a small number onboard,  , but each sail away is a different group when there is more than one per cruise

For us, helipad sailaway is been there/done that x2.  It can be hot, crowded and windy.  We stopped going quite a few years ago.  Suite pax tend to receive invites and we would rather enjoy sailaway from our suite.

Edited by islabahia
  • Like 1