OLife moves to "all in"

WESTEAST

Just now, julia said:

"Effective starting Oct 1, 2023".... so I'm assuming this will NOT impact our current booking on Regatta on Sept 20, 2023 (with OLife beverage option)?  Yes?  No?

No - your sailing is not impacted but anyone booked and sailing after 01OCT 23 will have the option of keeping the program (OLife or Cruise Only) they booked under or switching to Simply More and paying what ever difference there might be,,

25 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

If you get in before ...July1?, there is a no-OBC, no-Drinks, no-Excursion, no-Air option called "cruise only"  (which does give coffee, tea, softdrinks)

Not showing 'cruise only' on the website I'm looking at, which provides fares in Canadian prices.

4 minutes ago, basor said:

No - your sailing is not impacted but anyone booked and sailing after 01OCT 23 will have the option of keeping the program (OLife or Cruise Only) they booked under or switching to Simply More and paying what ever difference there might be,,

Thx @basor... that's what I thought.

Just now, d9704011 said:

Not showing 'cruise only' on the website I'm looking at, which provides fares in Canadian prices.

On the US website, when I look at a specific cruise, it shows pricing including "Cruise only" but it does not give you the option to book that fare online - either TA or call O

BROCHURE
FARE
OLIFE FARE
W/AIRFARE

CRUISE ONLY
FARE

3 minutes ago, basor said:

On the US website, when I look at a specific cruise, it shows pricing including "Cruise only" but it does not give you the option to book that fare online - either TA or call O

BROCHURE
FARE
OLIFE FARE
W/AIRFARE

CRUISE ONLY
FARE

Where do you see all the details of the program? Is it from your TA or are the details out already? See nothing on the Canadian website..

5 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Where do you see all the details of the program? Is it from your TA or are the details out already? See nothing on the Canadian website..

The details for?  Right now all websites only have OLife options loaded since Simply More does not become effective until 01JUL for new bookings on sailings after 01OCT 21.....O gave the details for Simply More this noon to some TA's and all of the details have been posted on this topic and FB.  The flyer stating what is included is in this topic and there are 2 choices - do you want O's air or take a credit for the air and DIY your air....

Edited by basor
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, basor said:

The details for?  Right now all websites only has OLife options loaded since Simply More does not become effective until 01JUL for new bookings on sailings after 01OCT 21.....O gave the details for Simply More this noon to some TA's and all of the details have been posted on this topic and FB.  The flyer stating what is included is in this topic and there are 2 choices - do you want O's air or take a credit for the air and DIY your air....

Thanks.. So they basically force you to take the OBC, and it can be used for excursions only? Also someone mentioned internet per person and not per cabin, didn't see it on the flyer. 

Just now, ak1004 said:

Thanks.. So they basically force you to take the OBC, and it can be used for excursions only? Also someone mentioned internet per person and not per cabin, didn't see it on the flyer. 

They are offering a new program that includes those things listed and no longer offering OLife....most people , who looked at OLife OBC, realized it was not a good option.  The difference in price between Cruise Only and OLife was the exact amount of OBC being offered in OLife.  And this OBC was non-refundable.  So basically you were pre-purchasing OBC to use.  If you wanted to have OBC in your account, you were better off taking Cruise Only and purchasing OBC for yourself via O's gift options.  Any OBC purchased like this is refundable.

WIF under OLife used to be 1 account for the cabin, now it will be 2 accounts for the cabin.

2 minutes ago, grifdoglover said:

To me this is very inconsiderate of booked passengers.  

How?  You do not have to switch to Simply More - you can keep the program you booked under (OLife or Cruise Only) or you can switch to Simply More and pay any fare difference.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grifdoglover said:

More games?  They bill me for the air then I can subtract the air?

?  No it is the same as before - the price listed includes air and if you don't want the air, you decline when booking and your invoice will show a credit for the air.  You haven't paid anything at this point.

5 minutes ago, grifdoglover said:

To me this is very inconsiderate of booked passengers.  

It seems fair to me. They are giving me the option to opt in to whatever the new deal is, or keep my booking exactly as I have it. Now if I were not given a choice... forced to upgrade or forced to stay with what I have, that would be inconsiderate. Unless I've misunderstood something, that's how I see it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SSFrance69 said:

It seems fair to me. They are giving me the option to opt in to whatever the new deal is, or keep my booking exactly as I have it. Now if I were not given a choice... forced to upgrade or forced to stay with what I have, that would be inconsiderate. Unless I've misunderstood something, that's how I see it.

You are correct

11 minutes ago, basor said:

They are offering a new program that includes those things listed and no longer offering OLife....most people , who looked at OLife OBC, realized it was not a good option.  The difference in price between Cruise Only and OLife was the exact amount of OBC being offered in OLife.  And this OBC was non-refundable.  So basically you were pre-purchasing OBC to use.  If you wanted to have OBC in your account, you were better off taking Cruise Only and purchasing OBC for yourself via O's gift options.  Any OBC purchased like this is refundable.

WIF under OLife used to be 1 account for the cabin, now it will be 2 accounts for the cabin.

I understand it.. but under the old program, you could book cruise only.. no OBC.. now you are forced to take the OBC which can be used for excursions only, plus basic beverage package is included.

Assuming the prices will increase by the amount of OBC plus the cost of the beverage package - so for a 10 nights cruise, it will cost $800 more and include things that I don't necessarily want.

For many people O pricing model was attractive because it was "la carte", but now they are moving closer to (almost) all inclusive model. Basically very similar to Viking.

Edited by ak1004
  • Like 3

What is inconsiderate is not notifying a booked passenger of this.  I would like to hear it from the cruise line instead of all this I have a flyer etc.  Imagine people who are not on this forum?  IMO it is inconsiderate.

Just now, grifdoglover said:

What is inconsiderate is not notifying a booked passenger of this.  I would like to hear it from the cruise line instead of all this I have a flyer etc.  Imagine people who are not on this forum?  IMO it is inconsiderate.

I'm pretty sure they will send notifications in July when they officially move to the new model..

To me the new bookings are the major concern. I don't like the new model at all.. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, grifdoglover said:

They may get some notification once the program is rolled out July 1st

let's wait & see

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grifdoglover said:

It only was announced at Noon today to TA's,  I have already heard from my TA on the ramifications to our booked cruises...I would check with your TA.  It is also on many other forums so not just here.