Purchasing upgrade at check in

SoBe2010

We once got an upgrade on the Edge.  As soon as we boarded, we ran to guest services.  Paid for an upgrade at a greatly reduced rate.  However, now ships seem to be sailing full= but worth a try-

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Thanks 1

You have two chances for an upgrade/room change and of the two, the best chance will be to try and be one of the first people to arrive to the terminal and once on the ship, immediately "do not pass go" head to guest services as that's first come first come.  FYI, most ports let you drop off your carry on and let you go off the ship, since it'll most likely be early, probably before noon, can grab a nice lunch if one wishes to avoid the buffet/mast grill

If no luck there, go to guest services again 15mins before the all aboard as they'll most likely be a long line and you may be able to grab a CONFIRMED cancellation (X has confirmed with the customer that they will not be joining at a later port) stateroom

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SoBe2010 said:

Awesome. I have some ideas now how and what to try. Thanks. 

Don't expect the price of a suite to be a great deal, as Celebrity has been tightening their pricing to the highest Move-Up price, after cabins/suites have been awarded.  On other cabins people were able to get free upgrades due to so many cabins being available...good luck!  

18 hours ago, SoBe2010 said:

Hello everybody,

has anybody ever or even recently bought an upgrade on embarkation day?

Is it worth asking at the terminal/guest relation desk or is it more or less useless?

Thanks in advance.

We did once we boarded last year. After touring the Spa on Apex, my DW wanted a full week Thermal Suite pass for $230 (spa rate) so before I purchased, I visited the Reception desk. They quoted us a $200 per person upgrade to move from an Infinite Veranda to Aqua Class and we upgraded versus purchasing a spa pass....much better deal this way.

• Like 3