Wristband and cruise card.

deanman02

I purchased a wristband on the Seaside last week. I thought it would be easier than carrying the card. Turned out 90 percent of the time I had to remove the band and hand it to bartender so they could scan it. Few had the mobile device. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, bruce85 said:

I purchased a wristband on the Seaside last week. I thought it would be easier than carrying the card. Turned out 90 percent of the time I had to remove the band and hand it to bartender so they could scan it. Few had the mobile device. 

That's a BAD deal!!!

One advantage to the wristband is that you can stop at any of the monitors around the ship and see your own personal schedule. It's very helpful if you have a dinner reservation or spa appointment and can't remember the exact time -- you can check without going back to your cabin to look for the paperwork and you don't need to carry your phone around to have access to the app.

55 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

One advantage to the wristband is that you can stop at any of the monitors around the ship and see your own personal schedule. It's very helpful if you have a dinner reservation or spa appointment and can't remember the exact time -- you can check without going back to your cabin to look for the paperwork and you don't need to carry your phone around to have access to the app.

Are you able view your stateroom account folio?

51 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

On the older ships, pretty well anything can be inserted into the slot. 
On the newer ships, the actual cabin card must be inserted 

So true!  I tried yo use a Meraviglia cruise card on my latest Seaside cruise. It was a no go. 

4 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Can you not also do this with your cruise card?.

No idea. We did not carry the cards except when leaving the ship. Maybe someone else has tried?

On the ships where there is only a card, the monitors are not interactive -- I think because only 'smart' ships have both the wristbands and the interactive monitors. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Best Cat Mom

On 6/9/2023 at 12:48 PM, bruce85 said:

We were also on the Seaside last month and saw that time and time again.

Well, they state the ship name…and muster station.  I plan to ask in August as I will be back on Seaside…if they can reprogram if in a different muster station.  But really, it only cost me $5 in 2019…. EM

Wristbands are encoded to your keycard. I had a change in the keycard and they had to reencode the wristband so I can only assume when a keycard is no longer good then a wristband will fail the same way.

Concierge said that the wristband would not work unless he updated it once I got the new card for the wife. After dinner, she had to go to the desk to get her band done since she left while waiting for the cards to be updated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papafred said:

Is your dining room location and seating time assignments available to you before boarding?

Your dining assignment is on your cruise card which you receive at checkin. So yes, technically, you will know your dining assignment before boarding. If you want to change it that must be done at the assigned restaurant podium after boarding.

Edited by kelleherdl

Hello,

My Queen Victoria card worked in the power slot in April on Virtuosa.

At the same time there was no mention of wristbands either in announcements or the daily paper.

Regards,

Cublet

1 hour ago, smokey01 said:

Can you buy them on Virtuosa if you are a lowly Bella/Fantastica passenger or is it only for Aurea/YC. If you can buy them how much are they?

For all.

Actually during Covid everyone got a wristband, not just YC. Of cause you should return it at the end of the cruise.

Price to buy is 5 or 10 Euro.