Equinox weirdness Jun 4 - 10

jbouvier

I'm probably reading way too much into this but I'm nosy. Does anyone know if there's something afoot on the June 4 sailing of Equinox? Earlier today a handful of venues closed suddenly on the front half of the ship, events have been shifted to new locations, and staff are missing. The crew seen to be doing a good job of rolling with it! I'm just curious

We have friends onboard and they emailed last night that there was a large noise then water started streaming into the Sky Lounge from above.   I suspect your closures are related to whatever happened there.

7 hours ago, jbouvier said:

I'm probably reading way too much into this but I'm nosy. Does anyone know if there's something afoot on the June 4 sailing of Equinox? Earlier today a handful of venues closed suddenly on the front half of the ship, events have been shifted to new locations, and staff are missing. The crew seen to be doing a good job of rolling with it! I'm just curious

please keep us posted.

thanks

2 hours ago, 39august said:

Above the Sky lounge is the basketball court and restrooms. Maybe a restroom leak there?  Sounds strange. 

Wonder if it could have been one of the Spa's in Retread Sundeck above the Basketball Courts (if I recall correctly).

8 hours ago, jbouvier said:

Found out later last night it was a pipe somewhere in the area of the sky lounge. It was fun dancing in Quasar for a change!

Oh no, lol.  We board tomorrow and love the Sky Lounge.  Two other couples who have never sailed Celebrity (one couple has never sailed before at all) are coming with us and I have been telling them how much we love the Sky Lounge and dancing there late into the night. 

Oh well....this falls into the category of "worse things in life!" 😄  Who knows, maybe it will be fixed and all cleaned up before our cruise is over.  Hope you had a great cruise!

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wonder if it could have been one of the Spa's in Retread Sundeck above the Basketball Courts (if I recall correctly).

No water features in the Equinox Retreat deck unless one has been added since I was last on board. Simply lots of nice sun beds and not enough shade…

8 hours ago, Reel Love said:

Oh no, lol.  We board tomorrow and love the Sky Lounge.  Two other couples who have never sailed Celebrity (one couple has never sailed before at all) are coming with us and I have been telling them how much we love the Sky Lounge and dancing there late into the night. 

Oh well....this falls into the category of "worse things in life!" 😄  Who knows, maybe it will be fixed and all cleaned up before our cruise is over.  Hope you had a great cruise!

It never fails to amaze me how quickly Celebrity staff can fix issues. I remember a really bad leak on Millie, literally flooded corridors as we headed to dinner. When we returned the only evidence was two maintenance guys and what looked like two large dehumidifiers…

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise! Remember the Sky Lounge is a big area. I am sure they will be able to at least part open even if they need to partition a bit off for a day or two…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 5:41 AM, chemmo said:

It never fails to amaze me how quickly Celebrity staff can fix issues. I remember a really bad leak on Millie, literally flooded corridors as we headed to dinner. When we returned the only evidence was two maintenance guys and what looked like two large dehumidifiers…

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise! Remember the Sky Lounge is a big area. I am sure they will be able to at least part open even if they need to partition a bit off for a day or two…

Hello chemmo.

Thank you for the well wishes for a great cruise!  Just returned from a fabulous time on the Equinox (sorry for the late response .... I totally disconnect while onboard).   

You were 100% on the mark!!   The Sky Lounge was up and running for the second night of silent disco by mid-way through the cruise like there was never an issue!!  🙂   

On 6/10/2023 at 12:26 AM, horseymike said:

Thanks for keeping us posted. Hopefully they were able to repair the pipe.

The Sky Lounge is a great public area on the S Class ships , available for all the passengers to enjoy.

We were on silhouette recently & sky lounge was one of my favourite places. 

6 hours ago, Reel Love said:

Hello chemmo.

Thank you for the well wishes for a great cruise!  Just returned from a fabulous time on the Equinox (sorry for the late response .... I totally disconnect while onboard).   

You were 100% on the mark!!   The Sky Lounge was up and running for the second night of silent disco by mid-way through the cruise like there was never an issue!!  🙂   

Hi, So pleased you had a wonderful cruise!

4 minutes ago, wineoclock said:

We were on silhouette recently & sky lounge was one of my favourite places. 

Agree…A really pleasant place. Nice to relax there on sea day afternoons and just enjoy the view and in the early evenings just wonderful to watch day turn to night…

• Like 4

On 6/9/2023 at 1:18 PM, jbouvier said:

Found out later last night it was a pipe somewhere in the area of the sky lounge.

There was a big bang and then the water started pouring out of the ceiling over the band area. There were only a few people up there at that point as it was at the end of a Captain’s Club event. The staff rushed us out.

IMG_0608.png

• Like 2