Contact for top of food chain for employee par excellence

SusieAV8R

I want to write a letter regarding a truly outstanding X employee to a level much  higher than a direct "boss".  I would appreciate any contact suggestions regarding the "food chain" on X.  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sav - I suggest directing your correspondence to The Office of The President, Laura Hodges Bethge and CC: Food & Beverage VP, Cornelius Gallagher...

Someone else may have better management to contact.

It is great to hear that you have a very great compliment to pay a staff member that calls for upper management to be aware of!!!

It will be a breath of fresh air for them, to be sure. Thank you

bon appetit and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

I want to write a letter regarding a truly outstanding X employee to a level much  higher than a direct "boss".  I would appreciate any contact suggestions regarding the "food chain" on X.  Thanks.

Best way to reward top level service = $$$ (in tips)

If the person was someone in the retreat labor pool, they're pretty much at the top of the food chain. Recognition via the post-cruise survey would give the best visibility to the management staff on the ship.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

If you are still on board the Captain is in charge! If someone is outstanding you can always address a letter to him/her via guest relations/concierge. If the Captain is the one you want to praise then I would think I would email the CEO…

If you have left the ship I would suggest  you direct your email to the CEO knowing that an assistant will read and filter incoming mail to the most appropriate person. If they feel it is CEO worthy/important they will pass it directly on.

Celebrity does have a press contact. If your engagement with this member of staff was story worthy they may be pleased to hear. 

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

If the person was someone in the retreat labor pool, they're pretty much at the top of the food chain. Recognition via the post-cruise survey would give the best visibility to the management staff on the ship.

nssc - being familiar with avr, the $$$ part has been done... this is beyond that type of recognition.

Often times, even beyond the comment cards, additional recognition is in order when one receives outstanding service from an on-board staff or crew member.

These types of comments can often affect contract extensions and the like...

Thank you and bon voyage

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

nssc - being familiar with avr, the $$$ part has been done... this is beyond that type of recognition.

Often times, even beyond the comment cards, additional recognition is in order when one receives outstanding service from an on-board staff or crew member.

Thank you and bon voyage

I agree. Having worked in service industries during college, I am well aware of the challenges service employees may face. I tip very well for exemplary service. I always mention people by name on the cruise survey. I also praise stellar employees while on board, via direct conversations with management or written comments. 

Having myself benefited from glowing verbal and written comments from customers to my own management, I take every opportunity to praise outstanding employees while still on board. I have several times been thanked for verbal and written comments made while on board. I have been told that positive comments can make a difference in rewards and opportunities for employees.

On Apex last December (not in the Retreat), I had the opportunity to praise a small group of wonderful employees to their upper manager. Despite the cutbacks, supply chain and staffing issues already well documented and debated on this forum, this splendid group created a lovely, welcoming space that we enjoyed very much. Later that day, the team lead thanked me for my conversation with their manager. He said it had already made a difference for the team. 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Thank you and bon voyage

Perhaps in the future the best course of action is to ask the crew member who can you specially send praise to?

My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is if you reach out to the exec office, that a passenger is praising Mr. John Doe, the passenger will receive a reply/call saying "thank you", the exec team won't bother the CEO and forward/send an email to their ship POC.  That's where I can think it can get lost, on its way down, so perhaps going too high isn't the best course of action.  Furthermore, there's a chance the comment could get bundled as a "team", such as "the MDR waitstaff received passenger praise, keep up the good work, team!"

Also, just pointing out that while contract extensions exist, more commonly it's about receiving follow-up contracts so you know you have a job before you go on break.  Many who have families do NOT want an extension at all

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

Try this Email. I've had luck recently concerning questions I've had. May also work for what you want to do.

executiveoffice@celebrity.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

I'm a 40 year senior manager with a major hotel company.  Write the Celebrity CEO and I assure you good things will happen for the crewmember.  Associates going great things for guests will get a lot of attention and reinforcement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jbcallender said:

I'm a 40 year senior manager with a major hotel company.  Write the Celebrity CEO and I assure you good things will happen for the crewmember.  Associates going great things for guests will get a lot of attention and reinforcement.

This ^^^^ as all too often the CEO is hearing about and from the complainers, I can only guess it is nice to get praise about a particular staff/crew member and if enough great compliments come in, then that might cause the hierarchy to do something special for that person.... 

Setting the example, that is good IMO...

bon voyage

• Like 2

I find the most direct route is to fill out the Attention to Detail form (they have a QR code for it about day 2-3 for electronic filing from ship) 

I usually get a response back from the Hotel Director within a day.   I sometimes also get a phone call thanking me.   In addition the staff members always thank me as they are called up at Staff Meeting and recognized.   They usually also receive a reward of either Gift Certificate for the Crew's Store, Free Minutes of Internet or extra time off.  

They really appreciate it.    They also appreciate you positive comments on you end of cruise survey.  This helps them with promotions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I find the most direct route is to fill out the Attention to Detail form (they have a QR code for it about day 2-3 for electronic filing from ship) 

We have had the same experience. I save the link to the Attention to Detail form (which comes up from the QR code) and keep it handy in my “Notes” app. That facilitates submitting quick comments during the cruise. They are usually compliments and are acknowledged as sincerely appreciated by the Hotel director.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

We have had the same experience. I save the link to the Attention to Detail form (which comes up from the QR code) and keep it handy in my “Notes” app. That facilitates submitting quick comments during the cruise. They are usually compliments and are acknowledged as sincerely appreciated by the Hotel director.

Great idea, I think I will follow your lead and do this as well. 

• Like 2

On 6/10/2023 at 1:25 AM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I am talking about an employee shoreside, so tips won't work.

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2023 at 5:10 AM, chemmo said:

If you are still on board the Captain is in charge! If someone is outstanding you can always address a letter to him/her via guest relations/concierge. If the Captain is the one you want to praise then I would think I would email the CEO…

If you have left the ship I would suggest  you direct your email to the CEO knowing that an assistant will read and filter incoming mail to the most appropriate person. If they feel it is CEO worthy/important they will pass it directly on.

Celebrity does have a press contact. If your engagement with this member of staff was story worthy they may be pleased to hear. 

Thanks for the great suggestions chemmo!!! (aside:  the incredible employee has gone far beyond "pay grade" to deal with may idiosyncrasies for the past year and a half; which has resulted in 6 extraordinary cruises!!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2023 at 11:15 AM, jbcallender said:

You have hit on precisely what I want to do jbcallender!  Thanks!  

14 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

You have hit on precisely what I want to do jbcallender!  Thanks!  

Thanks to you ALL for some great suggestions which I will apply to onboard situations also, instead of simply relying only on tips and end of cruise surveys. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1