A Couple of Wine Questions

Rustyman

For the first e we’re sailing without a drinks package, a good price and impulse buy! Anyhow, we’ll be taking 4 bottles of wine between us onboard, are we automatically charged the corkage if we carry one in to dinner with us by the sommelier or waiter? 
Secondly, it looks like there are no longer any wine packages, is this correct as it would have been nice to have paid for one in advance?

Oh as an aside I understand we can take our own bottles of water onboard at all ports, again am I correct in that assumption?

Any help on the above much appreciated.

Without a alcohol beverage package there is a $25 corkage fee if you bring a bottle of wine into the dining room.  You can carry in a glass with no fee.  So if a glass each with your dinner is sufficient then you can avoid the corkage fee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When consumed in any shipboard bar or dining venue, there's a corkage fee of $25 per bottle.   This fee is waived if you have  a Classic or Premium Drink Package.

They no longer have the Wine (only) Package they do have a number of wines ins Gifts and Gear Section

Prices between $34.99 - 60.99 per bottle (plus 18% gratuity).

• Like 1

Whether you are charged a corkage fee or not depends on whether you take the bottle with you to dinner or simply bring a glass of whine with you to dinner.  If the latter there is no corkage fee.  If the former, Celebrity states there will be a corkage fee but I have read of some, without a drink package, not being charged. 

There are no longer any wine packages, or at least have not seen any in quite a while.  As @Jim_Iain said, there are bottles of wine available for purchase in Gifts & Gear. 

I have brought soda purchased in ports of call onboard so I assume you will be able to bring bottles of water back from you when you go ashore. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jagger16 said:

I don’t think there’s a corkage fee for the bottles you bring on as part of your allowance.

That is only the case IF you have a drinks package.  Without a package your bottles are subject to corkage