Is it time to exit the "X"?

kiterp

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I'm sure it's less drag, but I doubt it's very significant.  If it were really that important and the IV concept was that great, can someone tell me why they didn't put them on the suite cabins?

Because it would be a drag.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 5

On 6/18/2023 at 1:10 PM, Laurab23 said:

We had a PH in May and it was so amazing. At the price is was sadly a one and done for us but at least I can say we did it and it was great.

Laura

We had penthouse on edge totally amazing cruise , doubt we will do that again but have a royal suite booked for next year.

On 6/18/2023 at 4:53 PM, creativewanderers said:

I definitely do not consider celebrity as a luxury cruise line anymore. The ghastly techno rap that blasted around the ship every day was horrible. 

what ship?  thats awful..not what most people like..endless loop of noise

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hcat said:

huh..must be new or  re introduced..never heard any on EDGE or BEYOND last November

Heard it on Apex every day on the TA last fall and while not as much on the Apex TA last month still enough to destroy the ambiance in Le Petit Chef when we dined there.  There is no barrier to prevent that noise from being in that venue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

huh..must be new or  re introduced..never heard any on EDGE or BEYOND last November

Le Petite has always been on the Edge, at least since the restart and has always been on the Beyond.  Part of the confusion is it takes over the dinner service at an existing specialty restaurant which may still serve regular lunch.  On the Edge it's held in Le Grand Bristo and on the Millie its held in Qine

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

2 hours ago, Kelownadon said:

If you want luxury, check out the new cruise line Explora Cruises.

I tried them because of the deals but I'm  not a big fan of the Luxury cruise lines as they lack the activities I enjoy and during sea days they are boring. I guess if you like lectures on Law or Investing but I'm more into bean bag toss and paper airplane contests and in the Caribbean a Good Jamaican steel drum Band by the Pool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Le Petite has always been on the Edge, at least since the restart and has always been on the Beyond.  Part of the confusion is it takes over the dinner service at an existing specialty restaurant which may still serve regular lunch.  On the Edge it's held in Le Grand Bristo and on the Millie its held in Qine

I love LPC and used to do it on Every X cruise until they removed the menu with the small Filet and Lobster Both included.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I think Hcat was referring to the loud rap music being heard while dining in Le Petite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, D. B. said:

I tried them because of the deals but I'm  not a big fan of the Luxury cruise lines as they lack the activities I enjoy and during sea days they are boring. I guess if you like lectures on Law or Investing but I'm more into bean bag toss and paper airplane contests and in the Caribbean a Good Jamaican steel drum Band by the Pool.

My apologies as I was responding to a different posting that made reference cruise lines that do not charge double for  solo guests.

4 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

was referring to the techno  music not LPC..

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I bet if they played Beatles music people would complain that it not rap😁

hopefully not on Celebrity!

sound  also comes up to Fine Cut etc but I was referring  to the music..

After complaints they finally left the outdoor pool alone until late morning when music and games start..that's when we leave the area. 

26 minutes ago, hcat said:

hopefully not on Celebrity!

sound  also comes up to Fine Cut etc but I was referring  to the music..

After complaints they finally left the outdoor pool alone until late morning when music and games start..that's when we leave the area. 

I have seen people complain when Latin music was played because it wasn’t in English 🙄

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Kelownadon said:

If you want luxury, check out the new cruise line Explora Cruises.

I have three booked so far - it’s like they addressed every desire I have in terms of cruising.  I’m hoping that the reality lives up to expectations!

They launch in a few weeks….

• Like 2

On 6/19/2023 at 6:01 PM, goofysmom99 said:

Fantastic itinerary and amazing cabin - you'll LOVE it!  There's one chair in the living room that's weird, looks like an egg and it spins all the time, but otherwise, it's awesome.  

Agreed, it is odd (a Hoppen special)!.  Having said that, my teenage kids constantly fought over who would get it sit in it.  To each their own!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 4:35 PM, jagoffee said:

Yes, it all does make sense.  I appreciate the detailed explanation.  I will make a point of dining in the suite for dinner at least once, depending on the weather.  We are cruising with friends who are in a R.S.  There first Ocean cruise.

Thank you.

We were on the Millie in a PH for an Alaskan cruise last year. As is the norm, it rained 5 of our 7 days--but there was still plenty of covered seating, including a few loungers, 4 'reading' chairs and a dining table for 6-8.  We ate several meals out there, which was very enjoyable, even at 65 degrees.  It's almost 1,100sqft, so plenty of room to spread out of host a party for 15-20 people. It is my favorite terrace at sea (that's still in my budget). We only felt the weather once on this cruise, and it luckily wasn't too bad.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 6:12 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I have seen people complain when Latin music was played because it wasn’t in English 🙄

I have seen people complain when................

It is CC and complaining is the national anthem here!😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I have seen people complain when................

It is CC and complaining is the national anthem here!😁

I guess you could call it a feedback loop of negative reinforcement

On 6/10/2023 at 9:44 PM, mahdnc said:

Yes, the two hour window is not new and is something we always managed around because we always had early seating.

To me, the downgrading with this is not having a portion of the Sky Lounge set aside for the Happy Hour anymore with the option for others that didn't want to be there to be able to get their drinks elsewhere. The hors d'oeuvres served there were a nice touch, too. It we also nice to talk to the Captain's Club Hostess there and meet other people.

I know it wasn't for everyone, but I miss it. 

IMG_1479.thumb.jpeg.4c59324abb3bb0086d4d1f3af68af63e.jpeg

Elite Happy Hour, Solstice Sky Lounge, Jan 1 2020, Tasman Sea

IMG_1464.thumb.jpeg.f27f4f33293a31076a13d7575adc26d1.jpeg

Solstice Captain's Club Hostess, Melissa

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2023 at 11:26 PM, Dr. Cocktail said:

I have three booked so far - it’s like they addressed every desire I have in terms of cruising.  I’m hoping that the reality lives up to expectations!

They launch in a few weeks….

We look forward to hearing more after you sail, they have some itineraries we are interested in.

10 hours ago, Mark_T said:

We look forward to hearing more after you sail, they have some itineraries we are interested in.

I most certainly will but it's not until the end of the year!

I'm hoping that they will have ironed out some of the likely kinks but I'm sure that there will be hiccups along the way. I confident enough to be an early adopter!

• Like 1