CCL High Debt /what is Your Opinion

mcrcruiser

Story is growing legs-

“Cruise Ship Delayed Over Fire Hazard, Others May Be Impacted”

https://cruiseradio.net/fire-hazard-delay-cruise-ship-delivery-impacted/

“Faulty Safety Materials May Put Dozens of Cruise Ships at Risk-Safety test failure of two types of fire insulating panels could impact as many as 45 ships from different lines.”

https://www.cruisehive.com/faulty-safety-materials-may-put-dozens-of-cruise-ships-at-risk/105929

18 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

See above (I edited my post). CCL only has admitted to having one ship across the fleet affected. There are a lot of CCL cruises that have launched since 2020. Carnival could recover from one ship affected faster than HAL

RCL is being very tight lipped also. As is NCL but both have admitted to having ships involved. Any ship built since 2020 has potential to be on the list of 45.

The report was filed in May and is just coming out to the public. There is potential for dominoes, or not.

It is a potential of dominoes.  The fleet will need to be inspected.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

It is a potential of dominoes.  The fleet will need to be inspected.  

I don’t think so based on what I’m reading. Corning is the manufacture of the bad panels. Only ships built since 2020 are effected. They know what ships have the recalled panels based on when/where they were built.

Cruise lines are not releasing the list yet, but this story is getting legs so it shouldn’t be long. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

4 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

Now it seems more interesting to note the nearly 23% rise in Owens Corning stock during June.🤔 I wonder if Cliff, the OP, has any of their shares?

So much market manipulation- faulty panels discovered in May.

Neal knew what he was talking about- we are merely players, performers and portrayers ….

Edited by BermudaBound2014

@Destiny0315 the story is just breaking. We don’t know the depth of sailing interruption. Might be as simple as fixing during a short dry dock, or not. There just isn’t a lot of details other than the financial article I linked. 

Hard to believe these faulty panels got installed on 45 brand new ships before someone noticed. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

@Destiny0315 the story is just breaking. We don’t know the depth of sailing interruption. Might be as simple as fixing during a short dry dock, or not. There just isn’t a lot of details other than the financial article I linked. 

Hard to believe these faulty panels got installed on 45 brand new ships before someone noticed. 

Yes it is still in its earliest stages but already one article has linked the two most recent fires on ships (Disney's Wonder and P&O Australia's Pacific Adventure)to this issue although there is no connection at all. The 45 ships likely brings this back earlier than 2020, and also note that Owens Corning acquired Paroc in February of 2018. 

1 hour ago, Destiny0315 said:

Also think of those who have fought for years to get smoking totally banned on all cruise ships. They might have been given a new voice with this development too!

Smoking is gross but I  do understand people are addicted. There is nothing but understanding in my heart but it needs to be safe. I'm a boater, with my own personal vessel, and rent a dock space, but people are so callous to throw butts overboard. People should be mindful about the risk to wildlife while they do that. True confession: I do yell over to them. Don't hurt my turtles! And on cruise ships, don't hurt my dolphins! Love one another.

• Thanks 1

Guest ldtr
2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

As I understand it the manufacturer of the panels must have  the product tested and recertification every 5 years.  That the latest test failed. Those manufactured before 2020 are covered under the certification from previous tests.   Basically there was no reason for anyone to expect the panels to fail the latest test and lose certification.

Edited by ldtr

Look at the bright side. This may temporarily reduce cruise capacity if ships need to be repaired. Celebrity is the latest to join the big discount game. '40% off every cruise + $200 OBC'

https://www.celebritycruises.com/

No sign of the fare increase that CCL desperately needs. Yes, CCL's debt is going to be a problem for years. 

5 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Story is growing legs-

“Cruise Ship Delayed Over Fire Hazard, Others May Be Impacted”

https://cruiseradio.net/fire-hazard-delay-cruise-ship-delivery-impacted/

“Faulty Safety Materials May Put Dozens of Cruise Ships at Risk-Safety test failure of two types of fire insulating panels could impact as many as 45 ships from different lines.”

https://www.cruisehive.com/faulty-safety-materials-may-put-dozens-of-cruise-ships-at-risk/105929

Hmmm the article also includes Oasis of the Seas by RCL ,the first of their mega sized ships .If ships have been included since 2020 why would they list Oasis of the Seas ? that ship was built long before 2020  .As dar as out sailings ,we sail Koningsdam only now & it was built in 2016 

Some thing is strange about that article

4 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

Now it seems more interesting to note the nearly 23% rise in Owens Corning stock during June.🤔 I wonder if Cliff, the OP, has any of their shares?

No  but Corning is a very food company yo own shares 

3 hours ago, albingirl said:

Smoking is gross but I  do understand people are addicted. There is nothing but understanding in my heart but it needs to be safe. I'm a boater, with my own personal vessel, and rent a dock space, but people are so callous to throw butts overboard. People should be mindful about the risk to wildlife while they do that. True confession: I do yell over to them. Don't hurt my turtles! And on cruise ships, don't hurt my dolphins! Love one another.

Yes we all should care about our environment 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Hmmm the article also includes Oasis of the Seas by RCL ,the first of their mega sized ships .If ships have been included since 2020 why would they list Oasis of the Seas ? that ship was built long before 2020  .As dar as out sailings ,we sail Koningsdam only now & it was built in 2016 

Some thing is strange about that article

It doesn't help when there is misinformation in these articles that are written. RCCL's Odyssey of the Seas which came out of the Meyer Werft shipyard in 2021 is likely the ship involved here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I don’t think so based on what I’m reading. Corning is the manufacture of the bad panels. Only ships built since 2020 are effected. They know what ships have the recalled panels based on when/where they were built.

Cruise lines are not releasing the list yet, but this story is getting legs so it shouldn’t be long. 

Yes, I should have said the fleet since the appropriate date. It is sad that it took a solo inspector to find an issue that has been occurring for a few years.  I can’t see how they should skip inspection of any ship built during the period.

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

No  but Corning is a very food company yo own shares 

I prefer companies without multiple bankruptcy/Ch 11/major recalls, but you do you. 

8 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

How will this article impact bookings  ,I doubt it  ;as ;  ;omg as the cruise lines take the effected cruise ships out of service to be repaired 

Can't follow your logic. Again.

Are you suggesting that as long as 45 cruise ships are taken out of service to be repaired there will be no impact on bookings?  

That's just ridiculous. 

Note: We do not know that ships will need to be out of service to be repaired, I don't want to start that rumor. I'm replying to Cliff's hypothesis in #415.

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I prefer companies without multiple bankruptcy/Ch 11/major recalls, but you do you. 

Can't follow your logic. Again.

Are you suggesting that as long as 45 cruise ships are taken out of service to be repaired there will be no impact on bookings?  

That's just ridiculous. 

Note: We do not know that ships will need to be out of service to be repaired, I don't want to start that rumor. I'm replying to Cliff's hypothesis in #415.

What I mean is we do not know if or what impact this will have on bookings ,if any . Can't call a chicken  to the table until caught   .They may just order ships in one at a time ,It is all up to the authorities that have control over this matter

🤦‍♀️- I give.

47 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

What I mean is we do not know if or what impact this will have on bookings ,if any . Can't call a chicken  to the table until caught   .They may just order ships in one at a time ,It is all up to the authorities that have control over this matter

46 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

It is going to be fun watching CCL stock  W/o July 10th . I may want to buy shares 

Guest ldtr
11 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

It doesn't help when there is misinformation in these articles that are written. RCCL's Odyssey of the Seas which came out of the Meyer Werft shipyard in 2021 is likely the ship involved here.

If an older ship had a dry dock after 2020  that involved replacement or addition of new fire doors it could also apply to them.

9 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

🤦‍♀️- I give.

You seem to like to be critical of my posts . Why  does it bother you so much ? One it is not your investment  2nd   seem  you  make a lot of assumptions   of what  I will be doing or not doing . FWIW    I do a lot of trading & not just stocks   .But ,I do get a kick put of your persistence

6 hours ago, ldtr said:

If an older ship had a dry dock after 2020  that involved replacement or addition of new fire doors it could also apply to them.

Are we all making assumptions here . Can't we all wait & see what rolls out . If you think this will have a negative impact on cruise line stocks ,then do not buy any in the near future until the issue is resolbed