Sydney Nova Scotia port

Karen Lynn

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 4:12 PM, CaribbeanBound said:

We did the miner's museum on a budget via local bus.

Can you give us a few details?  We've got a bit of extra time in Sydney before our Louisbourg Nat Historic Site tour we'd like to fill.  We'll be there Wed, Oct 4.  thx 😸

37 minutes ago, canadjineh said:

Can you give us a few details?  We've got a bit of extra time in Sydney before our Louisbourg Nat Historic Site tour we'd like to fill.  We'll be there Wed, Oct 4.  thx 😸

Oops, just noticed the comments further along and read the info in the link.  Looks like we won't have enough time before our afternoon tour.  Next time we're there, I hope.

• Like 1

Are taxis/Uber available and ready at the port? I have a foursome in my group going golfing at The Lakes at Ben Eoin. Hoping they can easily hop in a taxi or if easier, get an Uber.

My group is taking the Taste of Sydney tour with Cabot Discovery Tours. If anyone has taken this tour, let me know! 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We used Cabot Discovery Tour and did the Mini Cabot trail.  It was excellent.  It so happened we were the only 2 for the tour that day.  Frank our guide and driver was excellent in showing good picture spots and telling us history about the area.  We really enjoyed our day!!

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, artvlay said:

We have been to Sydney a few times and this time we are thinking of just strolling through the streets near the pier.

Any streets or stores or sites to see?

Get Nauti is cute gift shop not far from the ship. It is right next to the Governor's restaurant which is a nice place to get lunch. Their poached halibut is amazing.

2 hours ago, electro said:

Get Nauti is cute gift shop not far from the ship. It is right next to the Governor's restaurant which is a nice place to get lunch. Their poached halibut is amazing.

Thanks for the information, going to enjoy walking around.

For a cruise stop in Sydney I would definitely recommend some sort of excursion.  Sadly, most of the folks we talked to felt like they didn't have sufficient time at the locations they visited (Louisburg Fortress, Bell Museum, Highland Village Museum, etc.) and the day was quite foggy so some folks were unhappy about their views (not sure how the tour operator could fix that). We normally like to do things independently, but didn't find that much to do in town after our tour.  We did enjoy our visit to Island Folk Cider House.  https://www.islandfolkcider.ca/ 

39 minutes ago, smithley said:

For a cruise stop in Sydney I would definitely recommend some sort of excursion.  Sadly, most of the folks we talked to felt like they didn't have sufficient time at the locations they visited (Louisburg Fortress, Bell Museum, Highland Village Museum, etc.) and the day was quite foggy so some folks were unhappy about their views (not sure how the tour operator could fix that). We normally like to do things independently, but didn't find that much to do in town after our tour.  We did enjoy our visit to Island Folk Cider House.  https://www.islandfolkcider.ca/ 

Last time we booked a private Cabot Trail tour. It was nice but in our group of six couples it didn't live up to our expectations.

• 2 weeks later...

Some really good suggestions here. Was wondering, in the port, are there any places that have live music by chance? Would love to catch that and maybe have a drink or three to relax. I saw that Royal has an excursion for $80 to the Royal Canadian Yacht Club. Not sure if anyone has done that previously and could recommend?