Guarantee assignment

seachelt

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

It may not be real time

When I was looking for  a specific category cabin it said "available " in the same view you posted

I contacted my TA  she checked   none available  but the website still said yes it was

I went a step further  & clicked through  to see what cabins  were listed   NONE  in the category   but still showed available  on the main screen

You can let your  TA know you are open for  a paid upgrade  which you did    now  you wait  unless your TA is more aggressive & makes a offer  for you

Be sure  to give the TA the amount you are will to spend for the upgrade to the Category  so they can make an offer to O

JMO

@LHT28 As normal, GREAT information and advice.  Thank you.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

21 minutes ago, grifdoglover said:

@LHT28are you saying that if I cancel one month before final payment I will not get penalized?  Where is that fine print?

Usually it is about 1 month before the final payment date when the  cancellations penalty kicks in  ($250 admin fee)

Check the dates on your invoice 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, grifdoglover said:

@LHT28are you saying that if I cancel one month before final payment I will not get penalized?  Where is that fine print?

I'm not sure which of LHT28's post you gleaned this from. The deadlines that apply to your booked cruise will be on your Guest Statement pdf. A final payment deadline will be listed, plus the cancellation penalties. Typically the final payment is due the day before the 25% penalty kicks in; the $250 or 10% penalty occurs before final payment.

Edited by AMHuntFerry
jinx LHT28

28 minutes ago, grifdoglover said:

@AMHuntFerryI was referring to an earlier post by @LHT28 where it is stated read the fine print that you cancel one month prior to final payment no penalty.  I am fully aware of my booking dates and penalties.

30 days is 100% penalty

Jancruz1

3 hours ago, grifdoglover said:

@AMHuntFerryI was referring to an earlier post by @LHT28 where it is stated read the fine print that you cancel one month prior to final payment no penalty.  I am fully aware of my booking dates and penalties.

Check the date of your final payment  then check the day  when the  Admin fee is charged

Usually about 1 month apart

For my cruise FP  was May 2nd

Admin fee kicked in Apr 2nd - May 1st  if I had decided  to cancel in that time frame

In any case if you cancel at day 181  before sailing date  you will have no penalties

Cancel at day 180  you are charged the $250 ($350 for Canadians)  PP

On the Topic of Guarantee Assignments, I took some advice from many of you here on CruiseCritic.com.  I have a PH3 Guarantee for a November 9, 2023 sailing on the Riviera.  The ship is ALL "Waitlist" including all three PH categories.  Above the PH, the Oceania Suites is a Guarantee for new bookings.  The Vista Suites has two available and the Owners Suite has three available. 

I reached out to my Travel Agent last week.  I asked for her to let Oceania know, I was open to a "Paid Upgrade".  Thank you for the advice to share this information with my agent.  Today, my agent called me with Oceania on the other line.  She shared the "Paid Upgrade" offer.  I immediately said "YES".  My agent verified twice verbally on the phone. I ran to get my wallet to give my agent my credit card.  Side note, my final payment is NOT due until August 11, 2023, yet I paid in full two weeks ago well ahead of the deadline.  

In a matter of thirty seconds to get my AMX, the Oceania Agent changed the upgrade cost to several thousands of dollar per person more. As normal, my agent asked to speak to a supervisor and asked me if she could call me back. The outcome was a hard "NO" to the original offer but the situation is in my records. 

I am sharing this with this board because I want you all to know my feeling on this.  Mistakes happen.  The Amount Given was so reasonable I could not believe my ears.  I thought for the briefest moment that the "Paid Upgrade Fairy" was alive and well.  These kinds of situation happen with all brands.  They hire new folks, those folks make a mistake.  Do I wish it was my "Lucky Day", sure who would not.  Just happy to be cruising to Europe for the first time in my life.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

On the Topic of Guarantee Assignments, I took some advice from many of you here on CruiseCritic.com.  I have a PH3 Guarantee for a November 9, 2023 sailing on the Riviera.  The ship is ALL "Waitlist" including all three PH categories.  Above the PH, the Oceania Suites is a Guarantee for new bookings.  The Vista Suites has two available and the Owners Suite has three available. 

I reached out to my Travel Agent last week.  I asked for her to let Oceania know, I was open to a "Paid Upgrade".  Thank you for the advice to share this information with my agent.  Today, my agent called me with Oceania on the other line.  She shared the "Paid Upgrade" offer.  I immediately said "YES".  My agent verified twice verbally on the phone. I ran to get my wallet to give my agent my credit card.  Side note, my final payment is NOT due until August 11, 2023, yet I paid in full two weeks ago well ahead of the deadline.  

In a matter of thirty seconds to get my AMX, the Oceania Agent changed the upgrade cost to several thousands of dollar per person more. As normal, my agent asked to speak to a supervisor and asked me if she could call me back. The outcome was a hard "NO" to the original offer but the situation is in my records. 

I am sharing this with this board because I want you all to know my feeling on this.  Mistakes happen.  The Amount Given was so reasonable I could not believe my ears.  I thought for the briefest moment that the "Paid Upgrade Fairy" was alive and well.  These kinds of situation happen with all brands.  They hire new folks, those folks make a mistake.  Do I wish it was my "Lucky Day", sure who would not.  Just happy to be cruising to Europe for the first time in my life.

I sure would find out what happened and not let it go so fast but thats me..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

I sure would find out what happened and not let it go so fast but thats me..

Jancruz1

@Jancruz I will give it a week or so and see what happens.  You know when sometimes you hear something that is to good to be true.  The original number was to good to be true.  Easy to let that go and call it a mistake.  Pressing it in a situation like this could truly negatively effect a new team member.  

However, I totally get your point.

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

@Jancruz I will give it a week or so and see what happens.  You know when sometimes you hear something that is to good to be true.  The original number was to good to be true.  Easy to let that go and call it a mistake.  Pressing it in a situation like this could truly negatively effect a new team member.  

However, I totally get your point.

IMHO if that team member made such a big mistake he/she should be negatively affected that is not right..Good luck..I will not post on this any more..if you need any advice contact me..

Jancruz1

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I have a PH3 Guarantee for a November 9, 2023 sailing on the Riviera. 

We are booked on the same cruise, and I have been watching pricing for the last month or so.  The difference in price between a Penthouse suite and an Oceania suite has been about 5K per person w/o airfare.  So if they offered much less than that this far out from the cruise, it probably was too good to be true.  

33 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@cruiserchuck Yep, it was nice having it for 30 seconds though.  The Upgrade Fairy disappeared.  Oh well, still happy with everything.  

Sorry they teased you like that.  However it makes no sense that they would sell you a really discounted upgrade out of your guarantee booking.  When YOU call them and make that offer, they know you want it, and therefore will charge you the "going"rate. There is just no reason to give it away at this point in the game.  Usually the deals originate on their end as they review the sailing and see what makes financial sense for them.  No need to worry that your guarantee wont be fulfilled when they finalize the sailing.  At that point they will either keep you in your category or push you up to sell a cheaper fare to someone else. 

Enjoy your cruise.  I know you will..............

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a Guarantee PH3. I leveraged the Four Category upgrade and the Extraordinary Sale.  Listen to the advice here on this stream.  Had my travel agent call for an guest paid upgrade.  Long, long story short, with a comedy of errors, I paid for an upgrade to a Vista Suite.  I will not disclose the amount however I am thrilled.  Thank everyone for their advice and help. My suite will be party central for my guest (In a Penthouse) and myself. Again, thank you to all the advice given. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Had a Guarantee PH3. I leveraged the Four Category upgrade and the Extraordinary Sale.  Listen to the advice here on this stream.  Had my travel agent call for an guest paid upgrade.  Long, long story short, with a comedy of errors, I paid for an upgrade to a Vista Suite.  I will not disclose the amount however I am thrilled.  Thank everyone for their advice and help. My suite will be party central for my guest (In a Penthouse) and myself. Again, thank you to all the advice given. 

Glad you did well, your positive attitude deserves to be rewarded.  

Cruise well and, well, you know 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gary,

Did they come around after all and offer the first price that got you all excited? Enquiring minds want to know how this went down!!   So happy you got the upgrade you wanted!!

Steve

1 minute ago, iramack said:

Gary,

Did they come around after all and offer the first price that got you all excited? Enquiring minds want to know how this went down!!   So happy you got the upgrade you wanted!!

Steve

@iramack Did you notice that the #41 comment was one of the shortest I have ever done.  I did not go into that but now YOU do the "Enquiring Minds Need To Know" technique.  OK, here goes.

I educated call centers for years as my profession.  Mistakes happen all the time in call centers.  Usually because the person is NEW.  The person giving me an upgrade amount to my agent made a mistake.  In a call center, when a mistake is made, the customers usually go ballistic.  That does not change a thing.  However, the customer that shows compassion, kindness and understanding is treated like a KING.  The opposite of what most folks think or do.  That was my strategy for everything in life.  Some times it works and some times it does not.  It is always appreciated. 

You asked if they gave me what they originally said, the answer is, "NO". Not even close.  They did provide me with an amount (Higher) that with all the promotions I had gotten, would have put me about the same as Penthouse with no promotions on a per day cost.  I considered that a huge win.  The key is it was fair for all parties and all parties are satisfied.  

I had the ending amount paid, equal to the budget I set before ever booking. We choose Oceania for lots of reasons one of which was the very strict budget our friends had.  So, I figured.  I am not getting any younger, I budget it anyway, and always wanted to be in a suite like that.  Remember, my first choice was Regent.  The would have been well over double the cost yet to me not double the value.  My guest could not even consider Regent. My position only.  I am sure the loyal RSSC guest feel strongly that their choice is the best for them.

I hope that gives you what you were looking for.  

• Like 1

Thanks for that!

It sounds like you are well positioned for a great vacation!!

I am booked on my first O cruise on Riviera September 26th 2 weeks.

As a more recent Seabourn cruiser, I am interested in O as an alternative.........

I'm just a bit too old (66) to stay with the "biggies" like HAL and Princess.  Ships are waaaay to large for my taste!

Enjoy that Vista Suite!

Steve

7 minutes ago, iramack said:

Thanks for that!

It sounds like you are well positioned for a great vacation!!

I am booked on my first O cruise on Riviera September 26th 2 weeks.

As a more recent Seabourn cruiser, I am interested in O as an alternative.........

I'm just a bit too old (66) to stay with the "biggies" like HAL and Princess.  Ships are waaaay to large for my taste!

Enjoy that Vista Suite!

Steve

We are on the Riviera on November 9-19, 2023. Just a few weeks after you. I am also 66.  Please report back on your time.  My go to used to be the NCL Haven.  I am trying Oceania for a much more reserved, relaxing, small ship, and slightly enhanced experience.  

I did do Crystal Cruise a year or two ago just as Covid broke enough for the cruise industry to come back.  I saw the difference in Food, Personalized service and smaller ship atmosphere.  That ship held about 900 and only had 200.  Needed more people for my taste.  The Riviera for my date is sold out except for one Owners Suite.  1200 new friends.  I also hope that both your cruise and mind create long-term happy memories. 

Cruise well and leave some Vodka for my cruise. 

Can't guarantee the vodka supply as I am a Tito's man through and through! 

I have also cruised Viking Ocean and found them fine but a bit sedate. Seabourn is really a great line and I have been on three different ships with them.  I cruise for the ports and scenery and spa time in the afternoon. I don't cruise for the food although I do like good food I haven't done any of the large ship "exclusive" areas, although they do look tempting! I think 1250 is a perfect amount of guest capacity, and my sailing is booked all but a couple of insides and one Vista suite!

Cheers

• Thanks 1

@iramack Did you notice that the #41 comment was one of the shortest I have ever done.  I did not go into that but now YOU do the "Enquiring Minds Need To Know" technique.  OK, here goes.

I educated call centers for years as my profession.  Mistakes happen all the time in call centers.  Usually because the person is NEW.  The person giving me an upgrade amount to my agent made a mistake.  In a call center, when a mistake is made, the customers usually go ballistic.  That does not change a thing.  However, the customer that shows compassion, kindness and understanding is treated like a KING.  The opposite of what most folks think or do.  That was my strategy for everything in life.  Some times it works and some times it does not.  It is always appreciated. 

You asked if they gave me what they originally said, the answer is, "NO". Not even close.  They did provide me with an amount (Higher) that with all the promotions I had gotten, would have put me about the same as Penthouse with no promotions on a per day cost.  I considered that a huge win.  The key is it was fair for all parties and all parties are satisfied.  

I had the ending amount paid, equal to the budget I set before ever booking. We choose Oceania for lots of reasons one of which was the very strict budget our friends had.  So, I figured.  I am not getting any younger, I budget it anyway, and always wanted to be in a suite like that.  Remember, my first choice was Regent.  The would have been well over double the cost yet to me not double the value.  My guest could not even consider Regent. My position only.  I am sure the loyal RSSC guest feel strongly that their choice is the best for them.

I hope that gives you what you were looking for.  

Please consider doing a live from, if so inclined.  

I believe it will be well received by many pax, especially me, here on CC.  And we'd like to know how your O experience plays out.

I also have a, GTY D on next voyage, later this year.  Ship is entirely wait listed.  No cabin assignment yet, so don't think I'll be upgraded.

Your positive outlook is refreshing.

Edited by FetaCheese
Addl info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Please consider doing a live from, if so inclined.  

I believe it will be well received by many pax, especially me, here on CC.  And we'd like to know how your O experience plays out.

I also have a, GTY D on next voyage, later this year.  Ship is entirely wait listed.  No cabin assignment yet, so don't think I'll be upgraded.

Your positive outlook is refreshing.

I am honored you are making this request.  Unfortunately, I have done a Live and it took away from the enjoyment of the cruise.  Instead, what I do is a daily journal.  Sometimes I post it that day other times I post it after.  This is a Bucket List Cruise that just got better with a Vista Suite.  I promise from a new client to Oceania, my overview of my experience will be balanced, fair and entertaining.  The one thing you can be guaranteed with me is I have a great time when other find everything wrong with the cruise.  I just LOVE to cruise especially on a brand known for halfway decent food.  

Thank you again for your faith in me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I am honored you are making this request.  Unfortunately, I have done a Live and it took away from the enjoyment of the cruise.  Instead, what I do is a daily journal.  Sometimes I post it that day other times I post it after.  This is a Bucket List Cruise that just got better with a Vista Suite.  I promise from a new client to Oceania, my overview of my experience will be balanced, fair and entertaining.  The one thing you can be guaranteed with me is I have a great time when other find everything wrong with the cruise.  I just LOVE to cruise especially on a brand known for halfway decent food.  

Thank you again for your faith in me.

Thank you for the compliment.  Yes, a live from will take a lot of time.  I use the term live from generically.

Your journal will be appreciated here, if, and whenever you have time to post.

Whatever you do, enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1