Live (almost) from the Enchanted Princess June 24-July 15 Best of the Mediterranean

fpsphil

4 hours ago, nimiq said:

Have t done a Princess cruise in a while and was wondering where do we see when the Platinum and Elites nights happen ? I remuer it use to be every night around 16:30 and 18:30 and in different area depending on the ship. 

Thanks 

Sea Ya

Eric 

This cruise it’s been in Take 5 between 4:30-6:30

• Like 1

Just discovered your reviews here, thanks for all the information.

Will be doing this cruise in September  2nd for 14 nights , cant wait to get away especially as its now winter in Australia .

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, lion48 said:

Will be doing this cruise in September  2nd for 14 nights , cant wait to get away especially as its now winter in Australia .

Wow we will see you on the second half of your 14 nights as we embark September 09th from Barcelona.

‘Sea Ya 

Eric 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lion48 said:

Same cruise! First Med cruise, and happy to be following this!

• Like 1

Mykonos and Athens (Turnaround day)

Woke up with Mykonos visible off the bow. Beautiful sail in despite the wind. We anchored extremely close to the new port which made the tender ride extremely short which was a blessing. Went down at 11:50 to Take 5 for Elite tendering and sat down for less than 5 minutes before we were taken down. We were on the dock by 12:15 and in our shuttle to Saint John resort by 12:30. Absolutely fantastic resort and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing day in Mykonos. I’ll put some photos down below as well.

Took an early ride back to Old Port to see the windmills and walk through town for a bit. Was pretty crowded and wish Princess found a way to stay later than 8 PM last tender (they totally could due to the snails pace we went overnight but I think they leave early due to it being the night before disembarkation). 

Ended up having pizza and hot dogs on deck for dinner since we had such a massive lunch at the resort.

Woke up in Athens to a feeling I haven’t had in about 10 years… getting to stay onboard on turnaround day. At least 2/3 of the ship disembarked and when we returned from our tour it was all different faces out and about. We did the acropolis, ancient Agora, and Temple of Zeus tour and we were treated to an absolutely amazing lunch. Left our souvenir bag and umbrella on the bus but the shore excursion team onboard is already in contact trying to get that stuff either shipped to meet the ship or home.

Had a beautiful balcony dinner for sail out. Michael our server was absolutely fantastic and made the evening extra special for us. We are considering doing another balcony dining now later in the cruise as he said he does have availability. 

Here are some random photos and the patters for Athens and Santorini tomorrow. Will be up bright and early at 5:30 to watch the sail in.

EAF4F4DC-3098-4796-8B69-86AE19DCBB74.jpeg

805B9596-015F-4A02-8F39-4B4B195DD8B7.jpeg

417A0A2B-D8BE-4DE7-87F1-869B4432E94F.jpeg

FF68DFD1-9B25-4FD2-ADD2-956AEA5B4C23.jpeg

14419C62-DC21-466A-91E8-0BE913F41F31.jpeg

44D98CB5-7BF3-410C-92CC-603118B0676E.jpeg

C25EB157-EA43-4500-93C1-58766E41346B.jpeg

84BE1F86-610F-42D5-987E-B63A6F954F65.jpeg

4CAE3686-C5F4-477E-B409-94C6F7781FF7.jpeg

D476BDC9-CFD6-4902-B52F-61887AFE57C9.jpeg

97657076-D881-4EE0-BE74-565A0DBC170B.jpeg

7ADA6203-FE6D-4330-BB13-9EDBD25AF766.jpeg

A30A35B6-5692-4857-BC2E-CACA3A5BDB28.jpeg

4BC6C521-D4E4-488E-9175-B418700A0F96.jpeg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, fpsphil said:

Also for those wondering. Elite event flyer picture

454D6DFE-51B8-4E1F-A0C1-B867297BD07A.jpeg

When you attend the events, do they scan your medallion to check you in, or just visually look at it?

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 3:48 PM, fpsphil said:

Also for those wondering. Elite event flyer picture

454D6DFE-51B8-4E1F-A0C1-B867297BD07A.jpeg

If you attend can and have time can you take a picture of the venue and what’s the offerings at that time. 
Also to all if we travel with a couple of ours that are not Platinum or Elite can they still come ? Of course they will not go to the hors d’œuvre station and pay for the drinks.

Thanks 

Sea Ya 

5 hours ago, nimiq said:

If you attend can and have time can you take a picture of the venue and what’s the offerings at that time. 
Also to all if we travel with a couple of ours that are not Platinum or Elite can they still come ? Of course they will not go to the hors d’œuvre station and pay for the drinks.

Thanks 

Sea Ya 

WE just got off the Enchanted. There were so few Elite that the lounge was also open to Platinum. For our three weeks, it was so empty that nibbles folks were happy just to have anybody. I am not sure if they checked folks but I am willing to bet not much has changed 🙂

4 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

WE just got off the Enchanted. There were so few Elite that the lounge was also open to Platinum. For our three weeks, it was so empty that nibbles folks were happy just to have anybody. I am not sure if they checked folks but I am willing to bet not much has changed 🙂

The Lounge is open to Elite, Platinum and Suite passengers.

The "nibbles" are nice - nicely plated individually since covid re-start.

We made use of the E/P/S lounge more in Europe than the Caribbean.

Edited by Tyskie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2023 at 3:07 PM, fpsphil said:

Missed it in the Patters but another one of our favorite entertainers is aboard. AJ Clark is aboard in Crooners! Loved him on the Discovery

684D081C-8E7A-490B-9FF3-BBD4E2FA12A7.jpeg

Exciting!  We saw him on our first Princess cruise in 2012.  I just went on his website and he will still be on when we are in September!  Yay!

7 hours ago, nimiq said:

Thanks 

Sea Ya 

Lounge is open to platinums as well. With the transition to the future cruise sales people enforcement is even less. 

8 hours ago, nimiq said:

Thanks 

Sea Ya 

Everyone pays for drinks, most have packages but no free drinks anymore.

• Like 1

fpsphil, fabulous information! Thank you for taking the time to post and look forward to your YT video/s.What is your channel name? 
We board Enchanted in 3 weeks for the 3 week itinerary from Barcelona to Rome, to Athens, back to Barcelona! Even more jacked now!

2 hours ago, DeniseAtBeach said:

fpsphil, fabulous information! Thank you for taking the time to post and look forward to your YT video/s.What is your channel name? 
We board Enchanted in 3 weeks for the 3 week itinerary from Barcelona to Rome, to Athens, back to Barcelona! Even more jacked now!

I’ll post up my YouTube once we return and I get all the footage we have edited,

Santorini, Sea Day, and Kotor

Wow the last few days have been a complete whirlwind with us taking every moment we can just to rest and relax after 6 days of ports in a row. Will start with Santorini day where we took the Discovery Family Oia Village and Beach day. Was a great tour and are extremely grateful we were the 3rd bus at Oia town for the day before it turned into a complete madhouse by the time we left. The beach day was very nice at a restaurant with loungers, a great lunch and a beautiful beach. Got back to Fira town and had a quick bite at Nektar lounge before wondering around town, grabbing souvenirs and checking out the cable car line. Line was pretty long and we wanted to enjoy our last hour there so we ended up hiking down. Was a pleasant hike down and we are happy we did that.

Sea day was pretty uneventful. Patter seemed on the light side but we did have a cruise director change in Istanbul and I feel Jason the new CD hasn’t found his groove yet filling in the patter throughout the day.

Kotor…. WOW was so impressed. Reminded me of sailing into a port in Norway but with opposite weather. We took the boat out tour to Perast and Boka bay. Again we were extremely lucky as we were the 3rd of 4th boat landing on the island for the day and it was not crowded. After we had finished touring the church there were multiple boats incoming full of ship groups and the island was mobbed by the time we got back on our boat.

We were back in old town by 11:30 which gave us time to do the Kotor steps and wow we both almost fainted. We did manage to make it to the top but my legs are already making me regret it.

Had some time for a quick beer and some souvenirs before wandering back to the ever growing tender line (we could see it from the top of the stairs). Princess was only using 2 ship tenders and the rest of the small water taxis which made the line crawl. Why they didn’t put more of the high capacity ship ones I’ll never truly understand. Ended up leaving about 45 minutes late due to the lines on the dock.

Posting up the Patters and some various pics below!

2A758A63-E8B4-41FE-823C-2F60C91635C1.jpeg

E6A46375-817C-4181-861F-9FB0F892ADBD.jpeg

6A1904AB-751A-4987-B0D9-4433D048489C.jpeg

C1335C00-4D0A-4F43-B48A-F48D492C4099.jpeg

256259F5-AC9B-49BD-8ECD-BA86730FAEC4.jpeg

35E9B98D-10EA-4219-A000-27C3481E67F9.jpeg

BEE8D958-11B9-4800-B4C6-1C30A6DF20F4.jpeg

• Like 5

Hey, we will be going on the 7-day from Rome to Athens Oct 7th and staying in the M107 cabin.  Can you tell me about the room and any motion issues with the location of the cabin?  Thank you.... and did you say they are not serving the street tacos at the salty dog.... that is a shame.  we were looking forward to it.

41 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

OP, have you received any info as to whether Marseilles will be swapped out for another port next week? If so, which one? 

No word yet. I’ll ask passenger services but they prob will deflect me to Friday like everything else so far that involves another “segment”

31 minutes ago, Bridgestone66 said:

Hey, we will be going on the 7-day from Rome to Athens Oct 7th and staying in the M107 cabin.  Can you tell me about the room and any motion issues with the location of the cabin?  Thank you.... and did you say they are not serving the street tacos at the salty dog.... that is a shame.  we were looking forward to it.

Motion has not been bad other than your normal shimmy/shake you can get with any forward/back cabin. We’ve had crazy calm seas other than some windy nights where the vibration got bad.

Room also currently has 2 full loungers, 2 normal balcony loungers, full size table, and 2 small lounge chair mini tables.