6/15/23: Unveiling Park19: New Top-Deck Family Activity Zone to Debut on Board Sun Princess

LACruiser88

18 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Did you not know the new Star Princess is to be built on the same plan? And how any more?

Right now Star Princess is the last scheduled new build for all of Carnival Corporation's brands. In the last earnings call, CEO Josh Weinstein said there will not be any more new ships delivered until at least 2027, if not 2028. 

I would not be surprised if the next Princess newbuild isn't until 2030, presumably to replace what would be a 32-year old Grand Princess. It's also possible Princess may get one sooner if they hand a ship down to P&O Australia to replace the 1997-built Pacific Explorer (formerly Dawn Princess).

23 minutes ago, tidecat said:

Right now Star Princess is the last scheduled new build for all of Carnival Corporation's brands. In the last earnings call, CEO Josh Weinstein said there will not be any more new ships delivered until at least 2027, if not 2028. 

I would not be surprised if the next Princess newbuild isn't until 2030, presumably to replace what would be a 32-year old Grand Princess. It's also possible Princess may get one sooner if they hand a ship down to P&O Australia to replace the 1997-built Pacific Explorer (formerly Dawn Princess).

I expect the Grand will get retired as soon as or even before the Star launches. 

On 6/15/2023 at 8:12 PM, SCX22 said:

Princess is evolving.  This all started with the improving of the kid's program in 2017  to Camp Discovery.  This is just the next step.  In the 1990s when I first started cruising with Princess as a third wheel to my grandparents, there was nothing for me to do.

Princess has to try to do something to improve their offerings to appeal to a younger crowd.  If they don't it will always be old folk cruising with them, and unfortunately, old folks have to deal with illness and mortality so they will not always be around as a customer.

Kodak used to be a household name.  They failed to keep up with technology and the time and their bread and butter, photographic film, failed them.

There is nothing revolutionary about this concept.  RCCL started this years ago and look how well it has paid off for them.  Their parent company has some of the highest performing cruise stocks, while CCL has some of the poorest.  Investors believe in RCCL's ability to implement innovation (RCCL carrying the weight of the RC Group).

Also, there are no roller coasters, real zip lines (the one ride is a hang glider simulator), surfer simulator or waterslides. These things on the other cruise lines are all inward facing. Princess is outward facing, and I'm entertaining the idea of being securely strapped in so I can appreciate the views.

• 2 months later...

Hi there

Not sure where to post this question for some help.

We are booked on the May 4th Princess cruise from Athens to Barcelona.

Wondering if we should book our transfers through Princess or try to book our own.  We are Canadian so paying in Euros, the exchange is awful right now.  

Anyone have suggestions?  And if we do book our own transfers, what are some reputable companies to book through.

I guess booking through Princess everything is taken care of and they know exactly where to pick you up and drop you off.

Thanks for any help!

Janet 

50 minutes ago, kjcrmartin said:

Hi there

Not sure where to post this question for some help.

We are booked on the May 4th Princess cruise from Athens to Barcelona.

Wondering if we should book our transfers through Princess or try to book our own.  We are Canadian so paying in Euros, the exchange is awful right now.  

Anyone have suggestions?  And if we do book our own transfers, what are some reputable companies to book through.

I guess booking through Princess everything is taken care of and they know exactly where to pick you up and drop you off.

Thanks for any help!

Janet 

Best to post on the respective Port of Call Forums for info on transfers and pricing for each port..

Or, start a new post on here  - particularly as your question is basically unrelated to the Top 19 fun zone on Sun . 

Princess transfers tend to be more expensive if it's for two or more people than booking with a private company or cab, etc. But, you're paying for the convenience of a Princess transfer - and convenience comes at a price..