Military and shareholders OBC no longer combinable soon.

HaveDogWillTravel

19 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Military per person?

SOBC - per cabin regardless of if related or not - first in cabin to apply gets it?

Veterans apply once with a special form and then all future bookings are automatically credited with the OBC.  The SH benefit must be applied for each voyage booked.

IMO, it doesn't matter who gets the Military OBC for a couple and it is 99% one big pot of OBC and expenses, all netted out to a single credit card at the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BabySarge said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something on this discussion but is the implication that at some future date Military OBC will be per cabin and not per person?  I am totally fine with it not being refundable, never thought it should be and have always made a point of spending both mine and DH's whilst on board.  However, if it ends up being per cabin how on earth are they going to decide that if both individuals in the cabin are veterans such as DH and myself?  By rank when retired or left service?  Years of service?  Win, win for me as I both outrank and have more years of service but that totally negates and devalues my DH's 20 years which is just not right.  Again, I think I may have misunderstood something in all the replies and discussions, I surely hope so.

Don't you combine your cabin account and settle all expenses and OBC net charges to a single credit card?  If so, it doesn't matter which one of the two PCL allocates the Military OBC to.  

Of course, at first we all know the IT department will screw up the programming, so I expect couples who both qualify will either get nothing posted automatically, or both will be credited.  You just know there has to be a program bug out the gate, followed by several threads here asking if people are getting their proper OBC, and ultimately IT will fix the bug.  Who knows, maybe a Shareholder will get a Military OBC?  Almost anything is possible with Princess IT.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Veterans apply once with a special form and then all future bookings are automatically credited with the OBC.  The SH benefit must be applied for each voyage booked.

IMO, it doesn't matter who gets the Military OBC for a couple and it is 99% one big pot of OBC and expenses, all netted out to a single credit card at the end.

But that's no use if friends in a cabin with different accounts

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

correct - maybe it will eventually be one credit per person, either or - UNLESS - it is SOBC for both unrelated and is limited to one per cabin - a loophole closed? ... or not - one credit per person, period.

26 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Military per person?

SOBC - per cabin regardless of if related or not - first in cabin to apply gets it?

The person is related to the combinable aspect. if it will not be combinable by person as in one person cannot have both but one can get veterans and one sh obc or by cabin where there can only be one either veterans or sh obc. Then the question if there can be 2 veterans allowed with no sh obc.

I expect that if they grandfather those that are already approved, the enforcement will be in the approval of share holder obc. That makes it more likely that veterans might still work as it has been  But we will have to see once the final rules come out.

8 minutes ago, rosevew said:

But that's no use if friends in a cabin with different accounts

As mentioned in posts above by others, we don't know all the rules and policies yet.  But the receiving friend could just give the non-receiving friend $50 or $125 as case may be and all is square.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 4:30 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Just got this email from my CVP 

On Jun 15, 2023, at 1:03 PM, 

Please note that effective on 8 a.m. PDT on June 29, 2023 for all voyages departing after September 12, 2023, Shareholder and Military Onboard Credits have the following policy changes:

• The Shareholder and Military OBC will no longer be combinable with each other.

• The Military OBC will be non-refundable.

• The Shareholder OBC is currently and will remain non-refundable.

Until it is hopefully announced by Princess on or before June 29, my hope is it’s going to be just like the OP first posted.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Got a rejection email today from Princess.  Sent off several requests for shareholders OBC on Friday as soon as I read that effective June 29th it would no longer be combinable.  I was hoping up until then they would still do it - but NOPE!

Good day XXXXXXX!

We have received your request for the Carnival Shareholder Benefit to be applied to your upcoming cruise on (Date erased) on the Enchanted Princess and on (Date erased) on Regal Princess.

Please be advised we are unable to apply the benefit as it is not combinable with the Military Benefits you are currently booked under.

For further assistance please contact reservations at 1-800-Princess.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

Got a rejection email today from Princess.  Sent off several requests for shareholders OBC on Friday as soon as I read that effective June 29th it would no longer be combinable.  I was hoping up until then they would still do it - but NOPE!

Good day XXXXXXX!

We have received your request for the Carnival Shareholder Benefit to be applied to your upcoming cruise on (Date erased) on the Enchanted Princess and on (Date erased) on Regal Princess.

Please be advised we are unable to apply the benefit as it is not combinable with the Military Benefits you are currently booked under.

Well that answers my concerns. 

I know what we'll be doing in the future. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

Good day XXXXXXX!

I'd be arguing with them and asking where it currently states that it's not combinable. Unles, of course, you are applying more than 90 days before your cruise in which case, the rule will be in place when you would normally be permitted to apply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mud_Shark said:

Good day XXXXXXX!

Good to know, but ugh! to this change.  I was fully counting on being able to have both OBC for my cruises next year, especially since I did not book Princess Plus. 😡   My travel friend doesn't drink, so when booking thought cruise only was best.  

• Like 1

Too bad we are losing another perk from Princess. We have been loyal for almost 25 cruises. Now, we will rethink our choices. We have a cruise in August so we can get both for that one. After that...who knows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

Good day XXXXXXX!

Mud_Shark;  I have always been the one to fill out and apply for the Shareholder benefit to go along with my Military benefit.  I have always been given both.  That said, since this thread was started, I have checked my booked cruises and here is what I just discovered moments ago:  The Shareholder Benefit that had been posted under my name on each of our upcoming cruises, has been moved from my account to my wife's account as we are joint holders of the stock.  This would indicate that the change is going to be, one benefit per person.  Not sure who you may be traveling with and whether or not they are joint holders on your stock statement but worth checking out.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, whitecap said:

Mud_Shark;  I have always been the one to fill out and apply for the Shareholder benefit to go along with my Military benefit.  I have always been given both.  That said, since this thread was started, I have checked my booked cruises and here is what I just discovered moments ago:  The Shareholder Benefit that had been posted under my name on each of our upcoming cruises, has been moved from my account to my wife's account as we are joint holders of the stock.  This would indicate that the change is going to be, one benefit per person.  Not sure who you may be traveling with and whether or not they are joint holders on your stock statement but worth checking out.

This seems to answer the question for couples that qualify for both OBC's.  One can have Military and the other Shareholders.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This seems to answer the question for couples that qualify for both OBC's.  One can have Military and the other Shareholders.

Okay, how will this work?

Say there are two unrelated passengers in one cabin.  Say that only one Shareholder OBC that is not combinable with other OBC.  Does that mean that I can now have Shareholder OBC and unrelated traveling mate with a different CC account number, different last name, and different address CAN NOW apply of shareholder OBC?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Say there are two unrelated passengers in one cabin.  Say that only one Shareholder OBC that is not combinable with other OBC.  Does that mean that I can now have Shareholder OBC and unrelated traveling mate with a different CC account number, different last name, and different address CAN NOW apply of shareholder OBC?

A question that has yet to be answered.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I wouldn't think so since the shareholders benefit statement states Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rosevew said:

I wouldn't think so since the shareholders benefit statement states Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom.

I had never read that portion of the form before.  That seems to answer the question.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whitecap said:

I had never read that portion of the form before.  That seems to answer the question.

I have read a post or two on here where two unrelated persons (different addresses and investment accounts) separately filed for SH OBC and each got it.  I suspect it was more of a HQ audit/control slip that allowed it to happen.  Doesn't seem to be a regular occurrence.

I could add my wife to the investment account - she should be on there anyway as we age.  But will wait and see if anyone else gets both benefits by splitting the ownership.

The move by Princess seems to be geared to cost savings, and as such, if it just forces people to adjust "ownership", the work-around would kill their cost cutting measure.  So I am doubtful that when the dust settles 2 people sharing a room can qualify for 1 benefit each, but we shall see.

Thanks for the advice though.  I have time to wait and see what the final answer shakes out to be.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 8:47 AM, DJ Cruisers said:

We just submitted the form for receiving the Shareholder's OBC for our December cruise.  Got an automatic response "due to high demand, it will take up to 21 days to process".  Our last submittal was just a few days.  Looks like word is getting out!

We receive the same language whenever we submit a request for shareholder benefit.  We have always received the OBC within one to two days.

9 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

We receive the same language whenever we submit a request for shareholder benefit.  We have always received the OBC within one to two days.

Thanks for the info.  We haven't been with Princess since 2021.  Did get a quick response today but they said they were missing the shareholder statement.  Huh, it was attached.  Well we just resent it and will see what happens.

• Like 1