proper documentation to reboard the ship

noslen3333

One time my wife and I left the ship in Bermuda with our two granddaughters. They were denied boarding even though they had their ship card. I went back on the ship and located their father so that they could board. Make sure they stay together to reboard and your son has permission to travel from the mother or a court order. 

Edited by caribsun

Don’t be like me in Bermuda and leave your DL onboard.  Had a hairy few minutes at the Bermuda security booth while they checked with the cruise ship. They weren’t nice about it either.  I was a newbie so I didn’t realize my husband could have boarded the ship and got my ID.  And no, they didn’t offer that information 😡

21 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Photo ID.

On our second cruise, I had photo id with me, my driver's license, but I must have dropped it somewhere and lost it in Key West. Although it was required, they did let me back on the ship.

As a footnote, after paying for a new license, I received the lost one in the mail. Someone must have found it and with the address on it mailed it to me.

• Like 3

Technically getting back on board only requires the ship card.    Actually getting to the ship, through the port, is where the need for photo id comes in.   

Some ports are really strict and some are not even with the US ports.  One of my stops on my last Alaska port you had to have photo id the other 2 no one ever asked the ships card was all you need.   

Bottom line take photo id if you are 16 or over - you may not need it but it will be bad if you do and don't have it.