Simply more's impact on current bookings?

Nashna

Spoke with my TA yesterday.  Her last week has been swamped with calls/emails regarding explanation of SM and now Summer Sale on top. I feel bad every time I’ve recently had her reprice another O sale cruise. Maybe O should have a dedicated line to assist previously booked passengers needing to reprice due to an O sale whether booked with O or TA and to field questions regarding SM. JMO

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Spoke with my TA yesterday.  Her last week has been swamped with calls/emails regarding explanation of SM and now Summer Sale on top. I feel bad every time I’ve recently had her reprice another O sale cruise. Maybe O should have a dedicated line to assist previously booked passengers needing to reprice due to an O sale whether booked with O or TA and to field questions regarding SM. JMO

Did you get your cruise repriced?

16 hours ago, AweighToSea said:

And thanks @EJL2023 for looking up those posts.  Reading them I am thinking TFree and MnDAL reached out to their TA . BTW, I just discovered by (on a PC) right-clicking the post's time stamp the link address can be copied and clicking the pasted link will go direct to the comment. i.e. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2944622-simply-mores-impact-on-current-bookings/?do=findComment&comment=65691071

Yes, we asked the Travel Agent if SM could be applied to our cruise, and if so, how much that would cost.

Tom & Judy

Edited by TFree

We called our Oceania rep yesterday to ask if the Summer Sale could be applied to our existing booking for the South America Explorer cruise next Feb. The answer was YES and the new guest statement he sent us shows this sale saved us $5,400!!!! That is cold hard cash savings!  We kept our same cabin and now also have free WiFi, a bigger shoreex credit, and maybe best of all, a free wine and champagne amenity. Yippee!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Andi2008 said:

We called our Oceania rep yesterday to ask if the Summer Sale could be applied to our existing booking for the South America Explorer cruise next Feb. The answer was YES and the new guest statement he sent us shows this sale saved us $5,400!!!! That is cold hard cash savings!  We kept our same cabin and now also have free WiFi, a bigger shoreex credit, and maybe best of all, a free wine and champagne amenity. Yippee!

Wow

7 minutes ago, Andi2008 said:

I'm also on this cruise, may I ask what category cabin? That's a big savings.

On 7/4/2023 at 10:10 PM, PinonNoir said:

I'm boarding the Riviera this Sunday with 12 bottles of wine, and plan to go to Majestic Wine (10 minutes from the dock in Southampton) after checking in and picking up another 12 bottles of wine.  I'll let you know what happens.

Boarded with a case and picked up 9 at the wine store. I was very obvious with the wine, no questions asked. There really is no limit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PinonNoir said:

Boarded with a case and picked up 9 at the wine store. I was very obvious with the wine, no questions asked. There really is no limit.

How many days are you going to be onboard?  That's a lot of wine!!

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2023 at 9:49 AM, MargateKev said:

I have gleaned these details from a TA.

NOTICE: Oceania changes coming July 1, 2023
I created the following notes from an Oceania webinar yesterday.
On July 1, 2023, a new program begins, and an old friend is retired. Olife is being replaced by a program called simplyMORE. Beginning July 1, 2023, all bookings made sailing after Oct 1, 2023, will include simplyMORE. The program is designed to be more inclusive and much simpler to understand. Some of the highlights are noted below.
  • All bookings include FREE champagne, wine, and more with over 30 alcoholic and non-alcoholic choices for lunch and dinner. Comparable to what you think of now as House Select Beverage Package. You will be able to upgrade the simplyMORE drink package for $30 per person per day and you will be able to upgrade prior to embarkation.
  • All simplyMORE bookings include a shore excursion credit. There will be a group of excursions to choose from using your credit. Unlike Olife, with simplyMORE you can choose to apply your credit to any excursion. You will be responsible for the difference in cost that exceeds the credit. simplyMORE shore excursion credits are: 7-9 days $600 per stateroom, 10-13 days $800, 14-18 days $1,000, 19-24 days $1,200, 25-30 days $1,400, 31-35 days $1,600.
  • FREE Unlimited Wi-Fi for both people booked in a stateroom! Vista is already outfitted with Starlink. Other ships will be upgrading soon.
  • When you choose air with simplyMORE, transfers will now be included.
  • When you choose cruise-only fare under the simplyMORE program you are excluding air only, all of the other amenity changes outlined will be included.
Current bookings will have the choice to stay as is or change to simplyMORE. If you change to simplyMORE, you will be subject to repricing the booking. You do not get to add simplyMORE to an existing booking at your current pricing. Please don’t try to change an existing booking now, this program is not implemented yet. Your TA and Oceania will not be able to provide you with a comparison quote yet.
As for me, I really appreciate FREE Unlimited Wi-Fi for 2 and being able to pick from all shore excursions using my excursion credit.
More details to come. Please hold your questions until there is more information with the understanding that this is preliminary.

Is that excursion credit pp or per cabin? 

5 hours ago, shepherd really said:

I'm also on this cruise, may I ask what category cabin? That's a big savings.

PH3 cabin.  Our friends are in an A2 and they too had a huge savings when switching:  almost $5,000.

Call them! You've got nothing to lose!  And possibly a hell of a lot to gain.

Andrea

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andi2008 said:

PH3 cabin.  Our friends are in an A2 and they too had a huge savings when switching:  almost $5,000.

Call them! You've got nothing to lose!  And possibly a hell of a lot to gain.

Andrea

Thanks, I called twice.  The first time the lovely young lady would not tell me the summer sale price because I have a TA. The second call I failed to mention I already have a booking ☺️, my fare savings should be around $3000 plus the additional Simply more bennies.  So, I blew up my TA's email with explicit directions for tomorrow.  

And he just got back to me (on a Sunday) and said he'd take care of it tomorrow.  

Thank you again and see you aboard.

Edited by shepherd really
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Thanks, I called twice.  The first time the lovely young lady would not tell me the summer sale price because I have a TA. The second call I failed to mention I already have a booking ☺️, my fare savings should be around $3000 plus the additional Simply more bennies.  So, I blew up my TA's email with explicit directions for tomorrow.  

Thank you again and see you aboard.

Good luck!!!  Hope others see my post in our Roll Call thread and decide to check into this as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rainbow3fe said:

No reason to judge other people's choices. They might have many friends.😎🎉

I didn't think my question was particularly judgmental, unless, somehow, there is a sensitivity issue with this question.

5 minutes ago, Psoque said:

I didn't think my question was particularly judgmental, unless, somehow, there is a sensitivity issue with this question.

I don't need to argue.  Think about what you said. It was NOT a real question but your personal judgment of how much wine they plan to bring aboard. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Psoque said:

Neither did I.  I thought it was funny, and was going to ask if I could come to the party!

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2023 at 4:57 AM, janecambridge said:

Did you get your cruise repriced?

Done today!  Able to keep same cabin for both segments. A lot of time spent by TA, who now has a lower commission due to our saving $$.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So confusing.  We booked a B2 on June 28th.  Our TA was giving an extra 100 for a firecracker sale.  This is our rate. Its a Mexican Riviera cruise in April 2024.

3199 per person 450 OBC plus 50 loyalty from TA 

Choice of 1 from O. 600 per cabin OBC, Bev package( we don't drink so would not take this), 3 excursions per person.

She told me there is ANOTHER promotion instead of simply more.  Its called Summer on Sale. 

the same B2 would be 2999 per person, includes House beverage package. 400 per person shore excursion credit, wifi and 325 OBC from TA.  

What would you do?  House beverage is no value to us as we don't consume alcohol. 

I thought the only option is Simply More.  Didn't know you can chose SUMMER ON SALE. 

2 minutes ago, calicakes said:

So confusing.  We booked a B2 on June 28th.  Our TA was giving an extra 100 for a firecracker sale.  This is our rate. Its a Mexican Riviera cruise in April 2024.

3199 per person 450 OBC plus 50 loyalty from TA 

Choice of 1 from O. 600 per cabin OBC, Bev package( we don't drink so would not take this), 3 excursions per person.

She told me there is ANOTHER promotion instead of simply more.  Its called Summer on Sale. 

the same B2 would be 2999 per person, includes House beverage package. 400 per person shore excursion credit, wifi and 325 OBC from TA.  

What would you do?  House beverage is no value to us as we don't consume alcohol. 

I thought the only option is Simply More.  Didn't know you can chose SUMMER ON SALE. 

??  Yes, they started a few days ago a Summer Sale.  It is for 72 cruises and apparently your cruise is available with this sale.  They have always had sales in the past and will continue to do so.  No different than having sales in the past with OLife. And only you can make the decision.