Simply more's impact on current bookings?

Nashna

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Yes…

Yes - it has been discussed on the various other Simply More threads - all cruises booked before 01JUL under the OLife program will be able to keep their booking under OLife or change to Simply More and pay the price differential.  The choice is yours....

9 minutes ago, janecambridge said:

I did apologise.I tried to find a thread on it and couldn’t.

We were told that the cruise we have earmarked will go up £200 per person on Monday.

Well, at least you were told.  Change is the only constant, along with being the major word affecting all our lives; however, that doesn’t mean it is good for the passenger at all!  July 1, should tell the story!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Not really. Regular O Life gets only one of the three perks (SBC, tours, booze).

Flyer,

My point, exactly.  If you choose OLife now, the price difference from Cruise Only is the same, no matter which OLife amenity you choose, so the price MUST already include enough to cover any (and I believe that means excursions and beverage) of the 3 that might be picked. What's not included is the OBC option, as that's really just a short term loan from you to O, which is paid back on board through your use of the OBC.  That's why it is no longer offered in SimplyMORE

SimplyMORE reduces the choice to SimplyMore with air, or SimplyMORE without air.  You've mentioned before (I believe is was you) that you can calculate the air credit by adding half the OLife OBC amount to the Cruise Only amount and then subtract that amount from OLife with air.  The difference is the air credit, and that's why I think the SimplyMore price difference will be so small.

Look at janecambridge's post that her booked cruise will up 200 GBP per person on Monday.

4 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

Flyer,

My point, exactly.  If you choose OLife now, the price difference from Cruise Only is the same, no matter which OLife amenity you choose, so the price MUST already include enough to cover any (and I believe that means excursions and beverage) of the 3 that might be picked. What's not included is the OBC option, as that's really just a short term loan from you to O, which is paid back on board through your use of the OBC.  That's why it is no longer offered in SimplyMORE

SimplyMORE reduces the choice to SimplyMore with air, or SimplyMORE without air.  You've mentioned before (I believe is was you) that you can calculate the air credit by adding half the OLife OBC amount to the Cruise Only amount and then subtract that amount from OLife with air.  The difference is the air credit, and that's why I think the SimplyMore price difference will be so small.

Look at janecambridge's post that her booked cruise will up 200 GBP per person on Monday.

If the cost increase is not major, then that takes all of the fun out of those posting that there will be a huge price increase and I am never sailing O again....

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, basor said:

If the cost increase is not major, then that takes all of the fun out of those posting that there will be a huge price increase and I am never sailing O again....

And for that, I apologize in advance.

5 minutes ago, basor said:

What is "major"? Since we book "cruise only" mainly off of cabin-upgrade sales even the drinks package is "major" to us. Our 10 nights on Riviera in a B3 later this year will be $1749 PP. Whether $40 or $70 per day, that $400-$700 is a "major" percentage of $1749. Same for our 10 nights on Riviera A3 at $1899 PP. The most we've paid to cruise was $240 PP per day (Sirena 11/2022, B2). Was $210 PP per day off Riviera 12/2021 (A4). I base "major" off of the percentage of our PP per day cost.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

“any” and “any one” (of the three) are vastly different things. 

FF,

You know that the cost to O for the wine/beer/sparkling wine that can be consumed in the House Select Package, versus what they charge for it means that not charging for it has only a blip on the bottom line, offset by marketing material. 

9 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

What is "major"? Since we book "cruise only" mainly off of cabin-upgrade sales even the drinks package is "major" to us. Our 10 nights on Riviera in a B3 later this year will be $1749 PP. Whether $40 or $70 per day, that $400-$700 is a "major" percentage of $1749. Same for our 10 nights on Riviera A3 at $1899 PP. The most we've paid to cruise was $240 PP per day (Sirena 11/2022, B2). Was $210 PP per day off Riviera 12/2021 (A4). I base "major" off of the percentage of our PP per day cost.

Agree - if you choose cruise only than it could make a difference but no one know until pricing is announced.  Until then it is only speculation and scenarios....

5 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

FF,

You know that the cost to O for the wine/beer/sparkling wine that can be consumed in the House Select Package, versus what they charge for it means that not charging for it has only a blip on the bottom line, offset by marketing material. 

My reference to your post is merely pointing out that the term “any” without the qualifier “one” can be interpreted in such a way as to suggest that one gets “any” (i.e., “all” if they do desire) perk(s) offered.

It’s an important difference (or, at least, it was until Simply More).

As for the “house select” package, the wine-by-the-glass menu (same for the “prestige” package) is mediocre at best - filled with primarily $10 (retail in the US) wines.

Even the prestige package is a bit pricey for the average booze consumer - particularly if your an elite O Club member on a multi-segment cruise where you’re invited to pretty much every possible free booze event plus invited dinners.

FF,

Well, in fact, when O offers "Ultimate OLife" (which I've gotten twice) means you do get all 3, at no increase to the OLife price.

Sorry, it seems like I'm arguing, and I don't to have it appear that way.  And, while I am a committed O cruiser, I don't consider myself a cheerleader.

4 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

FF,

Well, in fact, when O offers "Ultimate OLife" (which I've gotten twice) means you do get all 3, at no increase to the OLife price.

Sorry, it seems like I'm arguing, and I don't to have it appear that way.  And, while I am a committed O cruiser, I don't consider myself a cheerleader.

You haven’t noticed the price increases just before “ultimate” O Life is offered?😉

25 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Where do you find those prices? Our recent cruise on the Riviera from Barcelona was $300 pp in OV. Our cruise on the Marina next November will be around $220 USD, but it's only because it's in November in Mediterranean. 

But I agree, even for $300/day, $40-70 increase is 15-20%. 

13 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Where do you find those prices? Our recent cruise on the Riviera from Barcelona was $300 pp in OV. Our cruise on the Marina next November will be around $220 USD, but it's only because it's in November in Mediterranean. 

But I agree, even for $300/day, $40-70 increase is 15-20%. 

now multiply that percentage by two if both occupants in a cabin are opting in. 

9 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Off the Extraordinary Savings Sale. Quite the real deal sale if your cruise was on it. And, yes, it's the Med in Oct-Nov. But that's fine with us. Still less than the $210 PP per night off Riviera in the W. Caribbean in 12/2021.

2 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

now multiply that percentage by two if both occupants in a cabin are opting in. 

Sorry, I don't follow. The cruise price is also multiplied by two, so the percentage remains the same?

1 minute ago, MEFIowa said:

Off the Extraordinary Savings Sale. Quite the real deal sale if your cruise was on it. And, yes, it's the Med in Oct-Nov. But that's fine with us. Still less than the $210 PP per night off Riviera in the W. Caribbean in 12/2021.

Got it.

Our cruises are never on those sales unfortunately.. but $220 is good enough for me, and yes, November in Barcelona, canary Islands and Morocco is perfectly fine.

Over the year after I booked my "O" cruise, I looked at the prices quite often.  I learned this habit from cruising on Mainstream Cruise Brands.  I saw very few fluctuations unless there was a promotion happening.  When I looked at the Ultimate O Life, I did the simple math and price went up in direct relation to the amenities now included.  On normal Olife, I was educated that the low price I saw on-line was cruise only, with no airfare and no Olife.  The math worked out on this case also.  

As my year went on, I notices lots of debate on the complexities of the normal Olife options.  Which was best or provided the most value.  All great information and education for a new client like myself.  The complaints seem to all focus on why can't these options/amenities simply be simpler. Hence what seems to be the decision to change policy and yes (remember the math reference above) the pricing.  How do I know this with a 99% certainty, simple.  Cruise lines do not reduce prices while giving more benefits.  The do increase prices while giving less benefits though.  

On the topic of will someone who has booked a cruise for after Oct 1, 2023 as I have, mine is November 9, 2023.  I did something I have rarely ever done.  I am paid in full two months before the deadline.  I usually wait to the last minute.  Not this time.  My online information says, Paid In Full.  Now who really thinks "O" is going to charge me more money after it was paid in full.  We contracted a price, we are following the policies.  They can offer us a way to have it all.  We can choose to stay with our contracted price.  I will stay where I am and quite happy.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 4

The other issue facing "cruise only" customers is what small ship cruise line do you switch to?  It is hard to find a small ship cruise line that offers cruise only - drink package and shore excursions are included with almost all.  One of the reasons, I believe, that O is moving to that.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, basor said:

The other issue facing "cruise only" customers is what small ship cruise line do you switch to?  It is hard to find a small ship cruise line that offers cruise only - drink package and shore excursions are included with almost all.  One of the reasons, I believe, that O is moving to that.  

Exactly! I think the only option at this point is Windstar.

6 hours ago, pinotlover said:

On 7/1, we’ll maybe get to see the devil and/or the details.

It's such a relief that we have more pages to speculate! Comments on the other thread about this topic seemed to be slowing! 

I suspect that we will see the devil and the details; but I'm an optimist, so I'll think good thoughts for at least another few days.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, davencl said:

Most importantly what is the definition of "free".  🙂 🙂 

That's probably completely irrelevant to this topic, unless one includes this definition...

"free: (alternate def) already included/not optional; already paid for; paid in advance; forced inclusion with something else already paid for."

😉 or 😱

GC

• Haha 1