Koningsdam SQ Suite

BSR

I can upgrade from my SS cabin to the forward facing SQ cabin.  Is this cabin still in the Signature Suite category?  Or is it a Neptune suite?  

Is there any perks to the Neptune lounge or anything else?  Is the balcony bigger?

4 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

SQ is a Neptune level Suite. If you look at the HAL website,  or around this board, you will find all sorts of info on Neptune Suite perks.

You will also find the SQ balconies are not as big as the SA and SB balconies. 

I called to add CO and they said I could go up to SQ cabin.  Does that sound right? I thought I was in the highest Signature Suite category.

Edited by BSR

Just now, BSR said:

I called to add CO and they said I could go up to SQ cabin.  Does that sound right? I thought I was in the highest Signature Suite 

Hmmm...having problems getting on the HAL site, but pretty sure SQ is a Neptune. Thought only SS, SY and SZ were Signature. 

If this is classified as a neptune suite, I don't know how you can get a club orange upgrade from a signature suite.  However, maybe they are giving you an upsell from signature to neptune and club orange is included with neptune suites.  If this is the case, I would try for an SA category.  This SQ is far from the neptune lounge, the balcony is small and it might be rough in front.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

the balcony is small and it might be rough in front.  

Also, too windy to sit on the tiny balcony while the ship is sailing from reports I have read.  You must have drapes closed at all times after dark to not interfere with the bridge views. 

I wouldn't want it unless there was a huge discount.  Signature suites are way more desirable than the forward Neptunes in my opinion!!!!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BSR said:

I can upgrade from my SS cabin to the forward facing SQ cabin.  Is this cabin still in the Signature Suite category?  Or is it a Neptune suite?  

Is there any perks to the Neptune lounge or anything else?  Is the balcony bigger?

We were in 10006, an SQ Neptune Suite on the Koningsdam.  I would never get that room again.  The only thing good about it was the access to the Club Orange dining room.  

- The balcony was tiny tiny tiny!  Not even room enough for a footstool, which even the lowest class verandah gets.  The wind was crazy out there so it was unusable during sailing.

- The room was large but it was an odd configuration.

- The room stewards knew nothing about any Neptune Suite perqs, which has been true of every NS I have been on which hasn’t been in the NS area.

- The lounge is a hike from the room so I used it once the first day, to make bookings, and never went back.  I did not like it anyway as it is an odd and cold setup.

- The bathroom is smaller than a regular Neptune.

For me, it was a waste of money and I will never do it again.

Edited by *Miss G*

Recently back from 2 weeks on the Nieuw Amsterdam in a similar Neptune 10006.  

Pros - larger cabin area and better furniture arrangement (especially for TV viewing).  Forward facing window was nice to have.  

Cons - very small balcony (barely able to fit two chairs and footstools (which had to ask for).  More ship movement, but not real bad.  Long ways to Neptune Lounge and main dining room.  

Overall, I would avoid these forward cabins unless we were active in using the thermal spa.