Visa to enter Bali

Chrisclaire

https://www.baliholidaysecrets.com/arriving-bali-airport/

the above link, although it talks about airport arrivals, gives a good overview of the documentation needed to enter Bali, including the timescales for completing the customs declaration. I found it very useful when I visited Bali earlier this year.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Justpackingmybags said:

https://www.baliholidaysecrets.com/arriving-bali-airport/

the above link, although it talks about airport arrivals, gives a good overview of the documentation needed to enter Bali, including the timescales for completing the customs declaration. I found it very useful when I visited Bali earlier this year.

This is very useful info....thanks!

13 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

We visited Bali a couple of months ago.

You can either do the e-Visa in advance through the official government site or on arrival.

At the airport it took us about 5 minutes on a computer or you can do it on your phone with WiFi provided free.

They don't check anything -  they're merely after the money.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't something similar at the port.

You had a very different experience to friends who flew to Bali in August, they queued for 90 minutes for the visa and were charged £25 per person

9 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

You had a very different experience to friends who flew to Bali in August, they queued for 90 minutes for the visa and were charged £25 per person

90 minutes ? I was already in the pool by then. Perhaps we just arrived at a quiet time.

We were pleasantly surprised by Denpesar.

Quite a charming if slightly chaotic airport. Friendly staff.

4 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

90 minutes ? I was already in the pool by then. Perhaps we just arrived at a quiet time.

We were pleasantly surprised by Denpesar.

Quite a charming if slightly chaotic airport. Friendly staff.

I think arrival time can be a huge factor. One arrival in Sydney coincided with two other large planes and queued for 90 minutes to get through immigration and biosecurity. The next time, we were the only plane, and got through in about 5 minutes. 

I'm glad you got lucky. I'll hope for the same. 

On 8/21/2023 at 10:27 PM, MITCHETY said:

Update: I tried once again this lunchtime to log onto the Indonesian Immigration website (https://molina.imigrasi.go.id) (no response from 'customer service' email Helpdesk) and this time it processed without the error. So I have my 30 day eVisa downloaded and printed off. Thanks for all your advice. TJ

Hi Mitchety,  what address did you use for the 'Address in Indonesia'?

Doing a bit of searching the internet on this topic I found this site that is supposedly from the ministry of tourism

https://www.indonesia.travel/cruise/en/laws-and-regulations

On that page they show this paragraph related to visa free entry. Unfortunately the web page inst dated

I have no idea of this is true or not but worth looking into a little more

Passport
Passports must be valid for more than 6 (six) months since the date of entry.

1. Visa Free (up to 30 days)
Nationals of 169 countries *) are eligible for a visa-free visit of up to 30 days, with condition as follows:

• it is not extendable, you must leave after 30 days is up.
  • it is not granted for the journalist/media to do coverage in Indonesia.
  • no working or study is allowed

Cheers

2 hours ago, Joker54 said:

Doing a bit of searching the internet on this topic I found this site that is supposedly from the ministry of tourism

https://www.indonesia.travel/cruise/en/laws-and-regulations

On that page they show this paragraph related to visa free entry. Unfortunately the web page inst dated

I have no idea of this is true or not but worth looking into a little more

Passport
Passports must be valid for more than 6 (six) months since the date of entry.

1. Visa Free (up to 30 days)
Nationals of 169 countries *) are eligible for a visa-free visit of up to 30 days, with condition as follows:

• it is not extendable, you must leave after 30 days is up.
  • it is not granted for the journalist/media to do coverage in Indonesia.
  • no working or study is allowed

Cheers

Thanks for posting -   I suspect the article is out of date.   I took the liberty of looking at the HTML Code and the page was created  November 30, 2018. 

@justpackingmybags post may be the most up to date as it was last updated   March of 2023.

Edited by Jim_Iain

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for posting -   I suspect the article is out of date.   I took the liberty of looking at the HTML Code and the page was created  November 30, 2018. 

@justpackingmybags post may be the most up to date as it was last updated   March of 2023.

The Indonesia website for E-VOA is very, very wonky. It took us quite a few tries to get the approval (For a totally different cruise line going to a small port called Bitung). At issue is having the system recognized both your passport photo and separate portrait photo. For us what made matters more confusing is Carnival didn't have the forethought to give us the correct Port of call address and even doing an extensive internet search the actual Cruise port address for Bitung, Indonesia can't be readily found, so most people on our cruise just approximated an address (I just used the commercial port address).

The other issue is that it seems that website is more problematic when it isn't done during Indonesia business hours.    

44 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks Jim.

On 8/28/2023 at 9:56 PM, Wombat706 said:

Hi Mitchety,  what address did you use for the 'Address in Indonesia'?

I used the original one I tried and eventually the system worked. 

Jalan Pelabuhan Benoa

I had to add the street address but the postcode completed the rest of the fields, including immigration office.

All The Best TJ

——————— 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MITCHETY said:

I used the original one I tried and eventually the system worked. 

Jalan Pelabuhan Benoa

I had to add the street address but the postcode completed the rest of the fields, including immigration office.

All The Best TJ

——————— 

Thank you for that - I'll give it a go next week.

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2023 at 8:42 AM, kwokpot said:

The Indonesia website for E-VOA is very, very wonky. It took us quite a few tries to get the approval (For a totally different cruise line going to a small port called Bitung). At issue is having the system recognized both your passport photo and separate portrait photo. For us what made matters more confusing is Carnival didn't have the forethought to give us the correct Port of call address and even doing an extensive internet search the actual Cruise port address for Bitung, Indonesia can't be readily found, so most people on our cruise just approximated an address (I just used the commercial port address).

The other issue is that it seems that website is more problematic when it isn't done during Indonesia business hours.    

What did you finally do to get it to recognize your photos.  I am having the same issues.

27 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

What did you finally do to get it to recognize your photos.  I am having the same issues.

Check "terms and conditions" under the spaces for passport and personal photo and ensure your shots comply.

All the information you need is on the last few pages of the Roll Call for this cruise starting tomorrow :

• Thanks 1

Whew!

The website is a bit of a production.  I finally got it done.  To get one of two passports uploaded I had to put one of them on the scanner.  It looked fine to me.

The payment can be a bit of a hassle.  One card declined (likely due to it being an Indonesia charge).  The second went through.

Their site is a bit wonky.  

Glad the 500,900 was rupiah and not dollars 🙂 

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

Beyond belief - it seems that about half the current passengers either did not know or did not care about the visas - and were allowed to board without them. I guess half the complement of passengers is a few too many to leave at the dock in Sydney!

On top of their usual work load, some crew have been bending over backwards to help all those people obtain their visas and some of those cruisers are apparently unhappy it is taking crew so long to sort out what they should have done prior to boarding IF they had bothered to read all the pre-cruise documents. Give them a break!!

For some who have still not managed to obtain their visas, Celebrity has arranged (at heaven only knows what cost) for Indonesian Customs and Immigration officials to board in Darwin and travel with us to Bali.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 9:55 PM, NMTraveller said:

For me.   In the upload slot it shows the size in mm and pixels.    I then went to a free web based photo resizing site.  e.g.   https://imageresizer.com/   Just drag your photo there and then put in one of the measurements -   It worked for me after getting rejected for my passport.

• Like 2