Water bottles on excursions

Parapara

The aluminum bottles are NOT heavy. Their capacity is more than the 16 oz/half liter disposables so you don't have to fill them to the top.They are an excellent alternative for the excessive waste of those plastic bottles. Better for the environment.

• Like 6

We had the metal bottles on our Dec cruise.  They are just fine.  I have seen complaints that they don't keep the water cold, but don't see how this is different than single use plastic.  Have also seen complaints that they sweat, as does single use plastic.

It would be interesting if Regent could give some kind of data regarding how many single use plastic use has been avoided since the change to the water system and the addition of the reusable bottles.

• Like 4

Hi.  Do all levels of cabins get two of the metal refillable bottles? Even if fairly lightweight, are they very large--if the capacity is more than 16oz, can anyone say the actual capacity?  Just concerned about having to bring a large travel purse on outings just to house the bottle.  Hmmm

The reason for my question was whether to pack a plastic bottle in my luggage- already used and recycled. If plastic bottles of water are available for excursions then I won’t need to take up ever decreasing space in my case. From comments it seems the metal ones are heavy to carry around on excursions.

I may start bringing my collapsible water "bottles".  Awkward to drink from, but flatten out fairly well.  Suitcase space is such a concern, but I will never be able to do it all in a carryon.  But with RSSC onboard laundry machines...hmmm  🙂

57 minutes ago, Parapara said:

The reason for my question was whether to pack a plastic bottle in my luggage- already used and recycled. If plastic bottles of water are available for excursions then I won’t need to take up ever decreasing space in my case. From comments it seems the metal ones are heavy to carry around on excursions.

Try collapsible water bottles: vapur.us.

39 minutes ago, Roxydog15 said:

But with RSSC onboard laundry machines...

And free laundry service for all guests, done beautifully for you. 😊

Edited by red1head
Added info

Kwaj girl--Thank you.  Wow, that's somewhat large for trying to fit into anything not a backpack.  Good for hiking though.  Have decision to make. and

Red1head--I am looking forward to that! still not sure I can squeeze it all into a carryon though 😞

• Like 1

We ordered neoprene covers with zippers to cover the vero bottles and they really help keep water cooler and also no issues with condensation.  Quite a few others onboard our cruise last month asked where we got them , Amazon.  Jean.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Roxydog15 said:

Kwaj girl--Thank you.  Wow, that's somewhat large for trying to fit into anything not a backpack.  Good for hiking though.  Have decision to make. and

Red1head--I am looking forward to that! still not sure I can squeeze it all into a carryon though 😞

Think of it as a slim wine bottle 🤣

Top to bottom height - 11"

Circumference - 9.25"

Bottom diameter - just shy of 3"

Remember, a standard wine bottle holds 750 ml....so....

There is also a carabiner clip included to hook it to your smaller bag or whatever.

Edited by Kwaj girl

1 hour ago, liptastic said:

We ordered neoprene covers with zippers to cover the vero bottles and they really help keep water cooler and also no issues with condensation.  Quite a few others onboard our cruise last month asked where we got them , Amazon.  Jean.

Got a link?

CUTICATE 2Pcs Protable Water Drink Bottle Carrier Neoprene Insulated Cover Sleeve Tote Bag Pouch Holder Strap for Biker Travel Cycling Climbing Hiking Outdoor Sports 750ml https://amzn.eu/d/a2wqYdh
https://amzn.eu/d/a2wqYdh

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Roxydog15 said:

Hi.  Do all levels of cabins get two of the metal refillable bottles? Even if fairly lightweight, are they very large--if the capacity is more than 16oz, can anyone say the actual capacity?  Just concerned about having to bring a large travel purse on outings just to house the bottle.  Hmmm

Actual capacity is 750 ml.  But you don't have to fill them tonthe top....

• Like 1