The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday June 18th, 2023

richwmn

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you all for the good wishes.  There was just a knock on our hotel room door and voila!  Our two bags arrived.

How nice to see them.  Other than being a bit wet because it is raining, they are in good shape.

What a relief.

Happy to be reunited with my clothes.

Terri

Fantastic news Terri.

I'm really pleased for you.

Graham.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

@durangoscots 🎂 Happy Belated Birthday 🎉. You are an inspiration to us!  

@Cruzin Terri So happy for you that you made it to London, your “new” plane tickets worked, your travels were pleasant and now your bags have all reunited with you, in your hotel room where you can finally breathe!  And rest.  Enjoy the stay in London!  

Happy Fathers Day to all who celebrate it and to Fr David too!  Nice to have him back with us!  

It’s a quiet day here. I made cinnamon rolls for DH but they didn’t rise right… it took me years to learn to cook and bake at 8700 ft, now I guess it’ll take as long back near sea level!  No picnic today but maybe Thursday as there will be a church picnic that afternoon. It’s a jam-packed week ahead ending with the married grandkids coming. DGD will help be pull stuff down from upper shelves in closets and start getting rid of some more. We brought more from NM than we should have partly I guess because we ran out of time, partly because we used our energy to tackle the bigger jobs. It’ll be a couple more years here but I’m finding that the years go by more quickly but the work more slowly. 

We looked at cruises yesterday but decided to wait till the timing is right. Counting my blessings!  DH has had good eye pressure readings with our at-home tonometer while on just the one eye drop med, and the eyes and skin are still improving with hardly any inflammation and allergic reaction- long haul since April 2022. Were not on the surgery docket for tomorrow , those went to folks in urgent need. We’ll wait of his August 1st slot and hope everything stays good. The eye that got the stent in late March consistently has lower pressure so it seems to be working!  🙏

@luvteaching Wonderful to hear DH is improving steadily. One day at a time is Everything!  

@smitty34877 Happy early birthday to DH!  🎂. We’re all on your side😉👍

Blessings to all in need, and Cheers to all celebrating. Safe travels to all away. 

Thanks everyone for all the amazing photos!  
Go Ren!  🥅

Maureen 

Great news that your DH eye is improving Maureen.

• Like 11

Good afternoon from hot, humid and partly cloudy central Texas.  It is currently 93F.  So far, today has not gone as planned.  It started off all right when we drove into town to pick up donuts for breakfast.  About that time, the in-line fan that DH wanted to try in the dryer vent hose arrived. 

After breakfast, I decided to tackle the installation, which didn't go quite as planned.  We cut the vent hose and with a lot of difficulty and a few adjustments got it on both ends of the fan.  When I was pushing the dryer back in place, the hose would not move back as far as it should.  I reached down to lift it a little and the hose came off the fan.  That is when I decided to go get a new hose and clamps, which is a good thing since the hose was 23 !2 years old and getting brittle up near the dryer.  It may have been over kill, but I got two hoses so we did not have to cut one and struggle to get the cut ends on either the fan or the dryer.  The second installation when a lot more quickly, especially since I could put the hoses on the fan then get behind the dryer.  

We're not sure if the fan will help much especially with the longer hose, but I'm glad we got new vent hoses before one tore even more.  If this doesn't help, the next step is to move the vent outlet from the end of the pipe that runs through the slab to the outside wall where it will vent into the port.  It's not an ideal location, but the only choice.  After all this, tomorrow's house cleaning looks easy for once.  🤣

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you all for the good wishes.  There was just a knock on our hotel room door and voila!  Our two bags arrived.

How nice to see them.  Other than being a bit wet because it is raining, they are in good shape.

What a relief.

Terri

Terri, that is great news.  Now, you can relax and enjoy your time in London.  The last time we flew Delta from DFW to Atlanta to Rome, we had a very tight connection in Atlanta.  Shortly after we were on the plane and before the doors closed, we got a text that our bags were on board, and we didn't have to worry about the bags all the way across the Atlantic.  I think we agreed to the texts when we checked in for the flights.

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning!

Happy Father's Day to all who celebrate. I'll be heading in to see DH in a few minutes and DS will call while I'm there. Today is the Skagit Symphony so right after lunch we'll get DH all cleaned up and in his good clothes. The local bus service, SKAT, will pick us up with a handicapped bus at 2:00 to go to the venue (McIntyre Hall at Skagit Valley College) and will pick us up at 5:00 to bring us back. This is a free service for which I'm very grateful. The symphony is "Cloak and Dagger" with James Bond movie themes, The Pink Panther, etc 

I'm not someone who panics - until maybe a bit later. After all DH's medical issues I've learned to stay calm and collected! I do admit to a slight "panic mode" at 7:30 AM today when the phone rang and it was the care facility. However the nurse was quick to let me know there was no problem and she just wanted to confirm our plans for heading out today. The heart rate went back to normal very quickly! I do have a friend who goes into panic mode over little things and calls melting down but it takes a few minutes and she's back to normal. It takes all kinds, right? 

Have a good day everyone! 

Karen

Karen, I'm glad you and your DH will be able to go to the concert today.  It is great that SKAT has the free service to take you to and from the venue.  That's one concert I would like.

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon,  it's feeding time in the yard.

Jake, thanks for the video.

I have enjoyed looking at all the pictures of Rotterdam today.  Thank you to all who have posted.  I'm not sure if I remember all who posted, so I'm not going to try to list you in case I miss someone.

Lenda

• Like 18

Good sunny and warm afternoon. Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers both here and in heaven. My fur babies sent my brother a Happy Pawther’s Day card🐾

The brave PSP trooper who died in the line of duty has been named as Jacque Rougeau Jr. He was 29 and had been a member for 3 years.

The critically injured trooper is Lt James Wagner, he’s 42 and married with 3 sons who are all on active duty with the Coast Guard. He was life flighted to Hershey Medical Center. 💔🙏

I’ve had a chocolate martini on the ship when it used to be given as a chocolate trivia prize. Also, the Hotel Hershey has 3 different flavors of chocolate martinis, chocolate, chocolate caramel and chocolate peanut butter. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 6

@bennybearI told  my DH that he shared his birthday with your DH and he thanks you for the pre birthday wishes. We will remember this later in the month!

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I am in awe of your ability to fix things and find solutions for the mechanical issues. I can do basic repairs but doubt I would be able to do what you did with the dryer. Be careful in those high temperatures when you are out mowing,etc. You are  quite talented.

@marshhawk, Annie, how are things with the two of you this hot weekend? 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@bennybearI told  my DH that he shared his birthday with your DH and he thanks you for the pre birthday wishes. We will remember this later in the month!

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I am in awe of your ability to fix things and find solutions for the mechanical issues. I can do basic repairs but doubt I would be able to do what you did with the dryer. Be careful in those high temperatures when you are out mowing,etc. You are  quite talented.

Terry, thanks for the nice compliment.  I'm not really that talented, but being married to an engineer who did most of the repairs for nearly 56 years, I learned a few things.  Basically, all I did was pull off the old vent hose, and put the new one in place, using ring clamps that were screwed down tight to hold it in place.  It doesn't take much talent to use a screwdriver.  Besides, DH was helping as much as he could, and prompting me when needed.

On the days I mow the yard, I get out as early as possible and get the job done before it gets really hot.  I also drink plenty of water, wear a hat, sunscreen and use a cooling towel which helps.  If possible, I pick a cloudy day with a breeze.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Well, today's soccer game doesn't start until 6 pm eastern (soon), 5 central so it will be a while before we have any results.  My weather app says Frisco, Texas is 89 and sunny so it will be miserable out there!  I hope everyone on the field can handle the heat. 🥵

DD called and talked for an hour with us today for Father's Day.  Her DH is in Munich on business currently so it's just her, her 14 year old and two pups.  She said she finally took down her Cinco de Mayo tree in her foyer and decorated for the patriotic holidays this summer.  She added red and blue lights this year to the original white lights.  I like it!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVILIpjuEbXlKGqX37mLneTf4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1687117408

She said there's a different garland, too.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKXPjJysVa6kQHhbBEtYJ0SaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1687117406

4 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good afternoon.  Thanks for the Report.

Sunny and mild here today.

Thanks for the pictures of Rotterdam, a great place to visit and sail from.

@StLouisCruisers  Those large birds in huge nests on poles are storks.

Have a great day everyone.

Thanks Melanie!  I guess I've never seen one up close and personal.

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

What a relief.

Terri

Thank goodness the bags arrived today.  Now you can enjoy the rest of your London stay.  Have a good night!

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

@durangoscots 🎂 Happy Belated Birthday 🎉. You are an inspiration to us!  

@Cruzin Terri So happy for you that you made it to London, your “new” plane tickets worked, your travels were pleasant and now your bags have all reunited with you, in your hotel room where you can finally breathe!  And rest.  Enjoy the stay in London!  

Happy Fathers Day to all who celebrate it and to Fr David too!  Nice to have him back with us!  

It’s a quiet day here. I made cinnamon rolls for DH but they didn’t rise right… it took me years to learn to cook and bake at 8700 ft, now I guess it’ll take as long back near sea level!  No picnic today but maybe Thursday as there will be a church picnic that afternoon. It’s a jam-packed week ahead ending with the married grandkids coming. DGD will help be pull stuff down from upper shelves in closets and start getting rid of some more. We brought more from NM than we should have partly I guess because we ran out of time, partly because we used our energy to tackle the bigger jobs. It’ll be a couple more years here but I’m finding that the years go by more quickly but the work more slowly. 

We looked at cruises yesterday but decided to wait till the timing is right. Counting my blessings!  DH has had good eye pressure readings with our at-home tonometer while on just the one eye drop med, and the eyes and skin are still improving with hardly any inflammation and allergic reaction- long haul since April 2022. Were not on the surgery docket for tomorrow , those went to folks in urgent need. We’ll wait of his August 1st slot and hope everything stays good. The eye that got the stent in late March consistently has lower pressure so it seems to be working!  🙏

@luvteaching Wonderful to hear DH is improving steadily. One day at a time is Everything!  

@smitty34877 Happy early birthday to DH!  🎂. We’re all on your side😉👍

Blessings to all in need, and Cheers to all celebrating. Safe travels to all away. 

Thanks everyone for all the amazing photos!  
Go Ren!  🥅

Maureen 

Maureen, happy to hear your DH has better eye pressure.  Continued good news on that front, I hope.  And thank you for your support of Ren!❤️

48 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Happy early birthday wishes to your DH and Brenda @bennybear's DH as well.  You know, I was wondering about Annie @marshhawk and Chuck @catmando today also.  I hope they're just so busy working lots of hours this weekend they didn't have time to check in.  Or lots of chores to do.  I hope everything is okay up there in Stone Mountain.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

DH is definitely fishing today. 😄 🎣

9 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I'm up early and we're out the door in just a short while - it's the annual Father's Day  clean up in the small country cemetery about 1 1/2 hours away from here.  This year DH has to chair the meeting, as the fellow who usually does is not far from being a member of the in-ground club.  That also means we have to get there early to trim around the graves with the string whip and tidy things up before people get there.  There are usually only about a half dozen of us, but it's a tradition that we like to keep up for the graves of the family that are there.

What a lovely thing to do. 🥰 

I went to my dad’s gravesite yesterday for my mom (she lives out of state). Sometimes there’s not too much cleanup to do but this time was a lot. I almost couldn’t find where he was there’s was so much grass clippings and mud covering the headstone. But I got it cleaned up and the site decorated. Sent pics to my mom (and siblings). 

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

What a relief.

Terri

Whew!  Yay! 👏👏 

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

In honour of fathers and fishing 

June 2010.jpeg

Love the T-shirt! 😃 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

We just got a text Jags beat St. Louis City!    Another tie 1 - 1 after regulation and they beat SLC 3 to 2 in penalty kicks.  Wow!  SLC is one of the highest ranked teams in the country.  This must have been a hard fought game.  Next game is Tuesday at either 8:30 or 10:30 a.m.  Only 8 teams left, so we're still dancing!💃

• Like 15

Home from France, what a dream! Nice flight but this across the pond stuff is for youngsters! Great immigration in Seattle, less than 4 minutes as we joined the Global Entry line and zipped through. Whidbey Shuttle from airport to island was efficient, once inside our little cabin, I sat on the couch as was soon asleep. We spent the next morning switching out clothes and joined DD and DSIL and grands in Seattle for an elementary school sing/performance (@BallardHigh, what a treat to be on a school campus after 3 + years of pandemic absence!). Byen Bakeri for Scandinavian treats for Fathers’ Day this morning. We spent a lazy day in cool, cloudy Seattle. Thanks to all for the Daily news, hope and prayers for all in need, Gerry, I love the cemetery clean up! 

• Like 16

50 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We just got a text Jags beat St. Louis City!    Another tie 1 - 1 after regulation and they beat SLC 3 to 2 in penalty kicks.  Wow!  SLC is one of the highest ranked teams in the country.  This must have been a hard fought game.  Next game is Tuesday at either 8:30 or 10:30 a.m.  Only 8 teams left, so we're still dancing!💃

Wonderful news, Sandi!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, I'm glad the Jags won.  This must:be a difficult tournament with two wins by penalty kicks.  Good luck with their game Tuesday.

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Woo Hoo!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I didn't panic - really I didn't - but it was close. 

Right now I'm relaxing and have a glass of Barefoot Riesling at my side as I need it tonight. I also have a mug of Earl Grey Cream tea at the ready. 

Anyway, DH was great today. He's having his lunch and the aides confirmed that we were being picked up at 2:00 PM so they'd be in about 1:10 to get him cleaned up, dressed, etc. Then, at 1:10 we get a phone call that the bus is there! It gets better - it's getting ready to leave and it won't wait. I'm close to tears and asking how we're supposed to get there, the tickets are expensive ($50.00) and we've been looking forward to this, etc. but no the bus can't come back. Once DH is cleaned up we go to the front desk and we try to see if we can get him in the car but the PT says no and then we see if there's anyone around to drive the facility van but no on that. We go back to the nurse's station for a minute and the receptionist comes back to say that the bus will be there in about 20 minutes. They had a driver that had a break in their schedule and they'd come and get us. I wasn't in a panic but I was teary - I was born with my bladder behind my eyes and cry easily!

The concert was wonderful and I made sure we were leaving our spot as the last notes died away as I'd said 5:00 PM for a pick-up time and it was 5:08. The driver was in the lobby, we got loaded up with her grousing a bit but that ended and we had a nice chat and were back at the facility by 5:30. Dh's dinner was waiting for him and he ate all but the zucchini and then they got him into bed, cleaned up, and I headed home. 

I'm so glad we went but I'm tired! Have a good evening! 

Karen

• Like 19

Sandi, kudos for Ren and the Jags. Hope they can test up tomorrow. 

Karen, what a stressful way to get to such a pleasant outing.  You have a lot of strength getting though this far, and you showed it today. Wonderful that you got to enjoy the concert together!  No doubt you’re tuckered, DH too!  Enjoy that glass of wine tonight!  

@Norseh2o I can’t imagine flying from France to SeaTac, getting to Whidbey and turning around the next morning to get to Ballard!  We have family on Whidbey, and had family that went to Ballard HS… like maybe 70 yrs ago!  Always loved going to the locks there!  But y’all need some serious rest!  

We had amazing Juneteenth fireworks tonight!  I’ll try to add a clip. m—

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

I didn't panic - really I didn't - but it was close. 

Right now I'm relaxing and have a glass of Barefoot Riesling at my side as I need it tonight. I also have a mug of Earl Grey Cream tea at the ready. 

Anyway, DH was great today. He's having his lunch and the aides confirmed that we were being picked up at 2:00 PM so they'd be in about 1:10 to get him cleaned up, dressed, etc. Then, at 1:10 we get a phone call that the bus is there! It gets better - it's getting ready to leave and it won't wait. I'm close to tears and asking how we're supposed to get there, the tickets are expensive ($50.00) and we've been looking forward to this, etc. but no the bus can't come back. Once DH is cleaned up we go to the front desk and we try to see if we can get him in the car but the PT says no and then we see if there's anyone around to drive the facility van but no on that. We go back to the nurse's station for a minute and the receptionist comes back to say that the bus will be there in about 20 minutes. They had a driver that had a break in their schedule and they'd come and get us. I wasn't in a panic but I was teary - I was born with my bladder behind my eyes and cry easily!

The concert was wonderful and I made sure we were leaving our spot as the last notes died away as I'd said 5:00 PM for a pick-up time and it was 5:08. The driver was in the lobby, we got loaded up with her grousing a bit but that ended and we had a nice chat and were back at the facility by 5:30. Dh's dinner was waiting for him and he ate all but the zucchini and then they got him into bed, cleaned up, and I headed home. 

I'm so glad we went but I'm tired! Have a good evening! 

Karen

Karen, I think I'd be panicking in that situation.  I can't believe that when the driver was early he wouldn't wait or have someone come at the correct time.  I'm glad it worked out, ajd y9u enjoyed the concert.

Enjoy the wine.  You earned it.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 7