Medallion Shipping Timing

cruisequeen4ever

32 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

How did you cancel the shipment? We sail on 7/19 but will be gone from 7/6. I called Princess today to see what they could do, and they said that they couldn't change anything.

I cancelled via the app.  Go into the Medallion Wearable section and edit your entry.  Change mail to your address to pick up at port.  

Just now, capriccio said:

I cancelled via the app.  Go into the Medallion Wearable section and edit your entry.  Change mail to your address to pick up at port.  

Will do - thanks!

So this is strange. As I shared last weekend, our Medallions showed as shipped, but we had not received an email yet. Well, I just now received the email, and it’s bizarre. 2 weeks after our credit card was charged, and almost a week after they showed as shipped, a label was created with FedEx in Singapore, and it says they’re awaiting receipt of the item to ship! It’ll be a miracle if this thing arrives before we fly to Europe. Princess seriously should not be charging shipping when it ships from another country only 9 days from the cruise!!

6 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

So this is strange. As I shared last weekend, our Medallions showed as shipped, but we had not received an email yet. Well, I just now received the email, and it’s bizarre. 2 weeks after our credit card was charged, and almost a week after they showed as shipped, a label was created with FedEx in Singapore, and it says they’re awaiting receipt of the item to ship! It’ll be a miracle if this thing arrives before we fly to Europe. Princess seriously should not be charging shipping when it ships from another country only 9 days from the cruise!!

Our experience was once it is picked up by FedEx, it only took 3 days to arrive.  You should be able to track the progress.  Ours arrived on the expected delivery date.  

46 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Our experience was once it is picked up by FedEx, it only took 3 days to arrive.  You should be able to track the progress.  Ours arrived on the expected delivery date.  

We have exactly 3 days, counting today. 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captain_hug99 said:

The app shows my medallions have shipped, the email I received has a link, when I follow it, USPS, I see the following. We leave Monday. I know I can pick up the medallions at check-in, but we paid for shipping ($10).  image.thumb.png.e8d1c4222e29a78eed88b97dc3a119b0.png

Exactly! They shouldn’t be charging if they’re going to send them later than they did when it was free shipping! 

16 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Someone on our roll call got a similar message today.  Tracking  shows shipping from Singapore and waiting for pick up.   Even on a plane it would take some time to get to the east coast.  Cruise in 11 days, departing from Europe. Will see. 

Edited by milolii

3 hours ago, milolii said:

Someone on our roll call got a similar message today.  Tracking  shows shipping from Singapore and waiting for pick up.   Even on a plane it would take some time to get to the east coast.  Cruise in 11 days, departing from Europe. Will see. 

Ugh

On 6/20/2023 at 11:44 AM, ldubs said:

I think 2 minutes might be overstating how long it takes.   I don't understand any benefit to having them mailed as opposed to picking them up at the pier.   

Agreed. In my experience, picking up the medallion at the port seemed to add maybe 45 seconds to the embarkation process. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 7:59 PM, milolii said:

We also paid $10 for shipping, but the medallion will arrive after we have left for London. I called, and they just said to pick up another one at the pier.

Just for fun, since it's been 20 years since we've been on Princess, I ordered custom medallions. I guess the ones that we'll get at the pier will be generic?

Edited by ricka47

6 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

6 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

We also paid $10 for shipping, but the medallion will arrive after we have left for London. I called, and they just said to pick up another one at the pier.

Just for fun, since it's been 20 years since we've been on Princess, I ordered custom medallions. I guess the ones that we'll get at the pier will be generic?

Ha!  They got their medallions yesterday.  They leave Friday, cruise is  7.12.  Good luck.  I don’t know  about the ones at the port.  I don’t think we ordered anything special.  We ordered to pick up at the port.  

Just now, milolii said:

Ha!  They got their medallions yesterday.  They leave Friday, cruise is  7.12.  Good luck.  I don’t know  about the ones at the port.  I don’t think we ordered anything special.  We ordered to pick up at the port.  

From now on, we will just pick them up at the port.

On 6/29/2023 at 10:46 AM, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Ours too. It was second day delivery. Shipped Monday--received Wednesday.

• Like 2

My last medallion arrived without an email notice nor tracking capabilities.  I just checked my app.  It says you can order up to 12 days ahead.  So I am guessing that means they don't mail them out until 12 days prior.  

This is the last of my "free" medallion shipping.  Next ones will be pick up at the port.

Not that it makes a whole lot of difference.  I "thought" you were suppose to be able to scan and go.  Hasn't been my experience.  Still had to see an agent.  

My credit card was charged 2 weeks ago and the app says “shipped.” However, if I tap “order history” it says “not shipped”. I have also not received an email. Is this normal? We leave for our cruise in a week!

3 hours ago, jag82177 said:

My credit card was charged 2 weeks ago and the app says “shipped.” However, if I tap “order history” it says “not shipped”. I have also not received an email. Is this normal? We leave for our cruise in a week!

I had that happen, too, until 5 days later when it finally had a tracking # and actually

shipped.

• Thanks 1

We're on the Regal - 7/19. The app shows mine as shipped, but to pick up my wife's at the pier. Not sure why that would be.

Not a big deal since we won't be home to get mine anyway!

• 1 month later...

Heard on a UK cruise programme that Princess is now going to start shipping the medallion to UK, Canadian, Australian (and another country that I can't recall) cruisers.

Does anyone i.e. Princess have anymore information on this?   We are sailing from Southamton on 13th October so would like to know it if is going to  be happening before then.

Before anyone says it only takes a couple of extra minutes to pick up at the port - the last time we cruised from Miami it was closer to 30 minutes to get it but I put it down to not being American

Thanks

I have a European cruise booked flying to Barcelona 2 days *Oct, 18, 2023 prior to the cruise, air travel handled by Princess. Below is the confirmation email I received after my travel agent ordered the medallions for me and my wife, with an order date of: Feb 2, 2023, 11:23 AM.  Just like we have done on the previous two Princess cruises we have been on.  On our phones, using the OceanReday APP, we were both immediately listed in GREEN LANE for our M1 Class Mini Suite, as expected with shipping to our home.

Late last week, I am confirming that we are still Green Lane on our phones, however my wife is now listed as Blue lane, incomplete Medalion order.  I attempted to complete the order using my phone (she is listed as my travel partner) and also using her phone with her app.  However, when I tried to complete the order, I continued to get the Princess APP error message: "Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service.  Try again Later"

For numerous days I tried and received the same error.   So I called Princess directly.  A nice lady examined my booking abd explained that they were having a system problem, but she verified that booth of our Medallions were completed and setup for shipment to our home.  She verified my email address and said she would send me an updated confirmation, detailing the Medallions were ordered and would be shipped.  As of today (two days later) I have not received the email she mentioned.

Going back into the OceanReady app on each of our phones, it still describes that her medallion is incomplete, and I get the same message when I try to fix it.

I don't think my travel agent will be able to do anything different than I did, so I am reluctant to call her.  Having my medallion shipped and hers being required t be picked up seems kind of silly and time consuming.

On the Princess website, can I look up the order number "order OCEAN-1517011"?  The OceanReady cell phone APP is really buggy, and I want to nip this in the bud before we fly to Europe.

Any advice would be great.

Thank You

MHAK

Great News Mark!

Your OceanMedallion order OCEAN-1517011 for your upcoming Princess MedallionClass vacation has been received.

You requested to have your order shipped to your home. Your Medallion® devices and any products you ordered will be shipped 10 to 20 days before your Princess MedallionClass vacation. Please be sure to wear your Medallion® device to your port of embarkation to allow for an expedited, contactless arrival experience.

We will send a follow up email to notify you when your order is being shipped. Please note that taxes and fees are estimates and will be finalized at the time of shipment, when you will receive your transaction receipt.

Please save your order number for future reference. We hope you enjoy your fabulous MedallionClass vacation.