Medallion Shipping Timing

cruisequeen4ever

3 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

I say that half joking, obviously, but it is true....not worth worrying about too much, but I can relate to the excitement of having them arrive.  Seems like 2-3 weeks is just about the normal shipping point, then add a couple days for transit.

In our experience this has been a pretty standard schedule but transit takes up at least a week.

Here is the abbreviated history of our Medallions:

• Email from Princess entitled Your Ocean Medallion Order Receipt and Shipping Confirmation including a USPS link.  June 13,2023

• USPS emails:

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

June 13, 2023

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility

CARSON, CA 90746 

June 16, 2023, 5:06 pm

Departed USPS Regional Facility

LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

June 17, 2023, 9:29 am

In Transit to Next Facility (updated at each stop in the process)

June 18, 2023, 6:32 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

DULLES VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

June 20, 2023, 1:25 am

June 20, 2023, 6:01 am

Arrived at Post Office

MAURERTOWN, VA 22644 

June 20, 2023, 8:13 am

Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery Between 8:00am and 12:00pm

TOMS BROOK, VA 22660 

June 20, 2023, 8:24 am

Living in Europe I have never had a medallion shipped only (available to US addresses). Have always picked up at the port, it literally adds 2 minutes to check in, some one goes to a box pulls out your medallion and hands it over to you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

🤞🤞🤞

Please let us know if you receive them. Posters are saying they receive them, but they don't say where their cruise originates. I was told you pick up Medallions at the pier on overseas sailings, which you are doing. Would be good to know. TIA.

1 hour ago, sandyoftheseas said:

Ditto to post # 23. We are on the July1 cruise and the tracking stated it would arrive June 22 but I checked today and it says it will arrive today by USPS.

We are leaving out of Florida so I don't know  when you will receive your medallion sailing in Europe.  The last time we did Europe was before medallions. 

1 hour ago, Catchum said:

Living in Europe I have never had a medallion shipped only (available to US addresses). Have always picked up at the port, it literally adds 2 minutes to check in, some one goes to a box pulls out your medallion and hands it over to you.

I think 2 minutes might be overstating how long it takes.   I don't understand any benefit to having them mailed as opposed to picking them up at the pier.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

In our experience this has been a pretty standard schedule but transit takes up at least a week.

Here is the abbreviated history of our Medallions:

• Email from Princess entitled Your Ocean Medallion Order Receipt and Shipping Confirmation including a USPS link.  June 13,2023

• USPS emails:

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

June 13, 2023

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility

CARSON, CA 90746 

June 16, 2023, 5:06 pm

LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

June 17, 2023, 9:29 am

In Transit to Next Facility (updated at each stop in the process)

June 18, 2023, 6:32 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

June 20, 2023, 1:25 am

June 20, 2023, 6:01 am

Arrived at Post Office

MAURERTOWN, VA 22644 

June 20, 2023, 8:13 am

Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery Between 8:00am and 12:00pm

TOMS BROOK, VA 22660 

June 20, 2023, 8:24 am

Yeah fair enough, kind of a matter of when you start the clock.  My description of "a couple days" were based on when the tracking number showed that had actually begun it's journey....not the little "pre-shipment info" / label print event.  In your case the label was printed on the 13th but it didn't actually start it's journey until the 16th/17th.

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

I woke up to a USPS email that our Medallions will be delivered today - 2 days earlier than 'promised' - between 8 am and noon.  Given that our regular mail delivery is between 11:30 and 12:30 I presume they will be in the regular mail.  That will be 11 days before embarkation.

I’m happy for you! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Please let us know if you receive them. Posters are saying they receive them, but they don't say where their cruise originates. I was told you pick up Medallions at the pier on overseas sailings, which you are doing. Would be good to know. TIA.

I will update. We live in the US and have received our medallions at home for overseas sailings pre-pandemic. 

4 hours ago, capriccio said:

I woke up to a USPS email that our Medallions will be delivered today - 2 days earlier than 'promised' - between 8 am and noon.  Given that our regular mail delivery is between 11:30 and 12:30 I presume they will be in the regular mail.  That will be 11 days before embarkation.

The medallions arrived as promised (or so I presume because it was in my mailbox when I returned home at 12:30).  Really getting excited about the flight to Fort Lauderdale on June 30 and the cruise on July 1st with the entire family (with our 2 kids and spouses and 2 grandchildren).  It was originally scheduled for July 2020!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Are the medallions only shipped from California?

In my experience (3 cruises with 2 Medallions mailed to our home in Florida and 1 mailed to our home in Virginia) they have been shipped from California.

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2023 at 5:44 PM, ldubs said:

I think 2 minutes might be overstating how long it takes.   I don't understand any benefit to having them mailed as opposed to picking them up at the pier.   

We are unable to have ours shipped to UK  for Caribbean/ South American cruises and have found no difficulty picking them up at the pier.

For those who tend to forget things like passports, it might be a better option as one less thing to remember !

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 12:44 PM, ldubs said:

I was very happy to skip the 150 person deep line in Vancouver that were waiting to pick up medallions. Shipping was free though.

On 6/22/2023 at 8:19 AM, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Are the medallions only shipped from California?

Mine for May 23, 2023 Alaska cruise was shipped FedEx from Singapore. Label created 5/3/2023, package received 5/4/2023 in Signapore, arrived 5/05/2023.

Edited by RedIguana
To add sail date, so arrived 18 days before sailing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

I was very happy to skip the 150 person deep line in Vancouver that were waiting to pick up medallions. Shipping was free though.

That would always be a good thing.   Thankfully we have not encountered that on our last three Princess cruises.   We happily do get to use the short line.  

Just to make sure I fully understand, there was a line just for those who didn't have medallions?  I guess I'm asking as I thought our check in process would have been the same even if we had the medallions in hand.  

15 minutes ago, ldubs said:

That would always be a good thing.   Thankfully we have not encountered that on our last three Princess cruises.   We happily do get to use the short line.  

Just to make sure I fully understand, there was a line just for those who didn't have medallions?  I guess I'm asking as I thought our check in process would have been the same even if we had the medallions in hand.  

Yes. There was a line to pick up medallions that you could skip right by if you already had yours.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Yes. There was a line to pick up medallions that you could skip right by if you already had yours.

Learned something new.  That would make a big difference I think.  Thanks!  

On 6/19/2023 at 10:58 PM, capriccio said:

We have received daily notifications from USPS that the Medallions for our Saturday, July 1st cruise will arrive this Thursday, June 22.  Our last cruise began on April 2nd in Australia and I cancelled my home (in the US) delivery because I doubted that we would receive them by our departure date of March 18.  Picking them up at the port in Sydney was absolutely no problem and didn't take any additional time (will one person was going thru our personal details, another was retrieving the Medallions).

An example of the daily USPS Notification which you can sign up for after receiving the initial email:

USPS® Expected Delivery by Thursday, June 22, 2023 arriving by 9:00pm

12345678901234567890 (tracking number)

Hello XXXXX,

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in TOWN, STATE ZIP on June 19, 2023 at 8:48 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Tracking Number: 12345678901234567890

Expected Delivery By

calendar_top_thu.png

June

By 9:00pm

By 9:00pm

How did you cancel the shipment? We sail on 7/19 but will be gone from 7/6. I called Princess today to see what they could do, and they said that they couldn't change anything.