Medallion Shipping Timing

cruisequeen4ever

In the past, we’ve received our medallions a few weeks in advance where I didn’t  really feel nervous about the timing. This time, I’m a bit on edge with the timing. This is for a Europe cruise, and so many of us go there early. I’d think Princess would recognize this. Also, you’d think now that passengers are paying for shipping, they could ship them out a month early to play it safe.

How far out have you recent cruisers been receiving your Medallions? 

We are boarding two weeks from tomorrow.  Just got the email with the USPS tracking number, but it has not actually shipped yet.  I understand that that it is easy to get one, if necessary, at the terminal.

58 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

In the past, we’ve received our medallions a few weeks in advance where I didn’t  really feel nervous about the timing. This time, I’m a bit on edge with the timing. This is for a Europe cruise, and so many of us go there early. I’d think Princess would recognize this. Also, you’d think now that passengers are paying for shipping, they could ship them out a month early to play it safe.

How far out have you recent cruisers been receiving your Medallions? 

I’ve never received it weeks ahead.  We usually get it 10-14 days before sailing, which works out well, as we leave early for Europe cruises also.

You may get a shipping notice a few days before it arrives by Usps or Fedex.

I sure hope they haven’t downgraded to USPS from FedEx. Our last Medallions shipped 18 days in advance and arrived 2 days later via FedEx. I know we can pick them up at the terminal, but I’m a planner who likes efficiency, so I like to have my Medallions in our wristbands on our wrists when we head to the port.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I sure hope they haven’t downgraded to USPS from FedEx. 

Ours for the last 3 cruises (at least) have been delivered to our mailbox.  Pretty sure FedEx (or anybody else) cannot use a person's mailbox for delivery.  Only USPS.

7 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Ours for the last 3 cruises (at least) have been delivered to our mailbox.  Pretty sure FedEx (or anybody else) cannot use a person's mailbox for delivery.  Only USPS.

Were those 3 cruises all in 2023? Ours in December of 2022 is the one I was talking about. 

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

For our international cruises, we always pickup our Medallions at the port.  We usually do a land trip prior to the cruise.  It has been super easy and fast picking them up at boarding.

Ok, that’s good it hasn’t added a lot of time to pick it up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Were those 3 cruises all in 2023? Ours in December of 2022 is the one I was talking about. 

2022 and 2023...Actually it was 5 sailings.  Two departed Southampton...

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

We received our Medallions for our June 25th cruise last week.  They arrived via USPS on June 12th in plenty of time.  There was a tracking number in the Ocean Notifications email that we received on June 8th.  When is your cruise?

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

We received our Medallions for our June 25th cruise last week.  They arrived via USPS on June 12th in plenty of time.  There was a tracking number in the Ocean Notifications email that we received on June 8th.  When is your cruise?

Do you know where they were mailed from?

25 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Do you know where they were mailed from?

Yes, our's started in Carson CA which is pretty much where our last dozen or so shipped from.  We are in Arizona and in the past others have mentioned that their Medallions have come from other locations.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. Ours is in 18 days. 

• Like 1

We received the below email notification yesterday for our July 6th Hawaii cruise.

Great news - your OceanMedallion for your upcoming Princess MedallionClass vacation is on its way. Please keep the information below as your receipt.

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It can be confusing for the receiver.  I’m not sure about FedEx, but UPS does work with USPS though a program known as UPS Mail innovations. UPS picks up, processes and ships an item to your local post office; who then completes the final delivery to your home/mailbox.  I receive packages this way all the time.  It was very confusing the first time this happened to me, especially UPS vs USPS.  
Some Amazon deliveries happen this way. 

https://www.ups.com/us/en/supplychain/solutions/mail-innovations.page

• Like 1

We have received daily notifications from USPS that the Medallions for our Saturday, July 1st cruise will arrive this Thursday, June 22.  Our last cruise began on April 2nd in Australia and I cancelled my home (in the US) delivery because I doubted that we would receive them by our departure date of March 18.  Picking them up at the port in Sydney was absolutely no problem and didn't take any additional time (will one person was going thru our personal details, another was retrieving the Medallions).

An example of the daily USPS Notification which you can sign up for after receiving the initial email:

USPS® Expected Delivery by Thursday, June 22, 2023 arriving by 9:00pm

12345678901234567890 (tracking number)

Hello XXXXX,

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in TOWN, STATE ZIP on June 19, 2023 at 8:48 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Tracking Number: 12345678901234567890

Expected Delivery By

calendar_top_thu.png

June

By 9:00pm

By 9:00pm

4 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We received the below email notification yesterday for our July 6th Hawaii cruise.

Great news - your OceanMedallion for your upcoming Princess MedallionClass vacation is on its way. Please keep the information below as your receipt.

Ok, that’s good news! Our cruise is 2 days after yours. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, capriccio said:

We have received daily notifications from USPS that the Medallions for our Saturday, July 1st cruise will arrive this Thursday, June 22. 

I woke up to a USPS email that our Medallions will be delivered today - 2 days earlier than 'promised' - between 8 am and noon.  Given that our regular mail delivery is between 11:30 and 12:30 I presume they will be in the regular mail.  That will be 11 days before embarkation.

The good news is the medallions could fall off the USPS truck up the street from you, get peed on by a neighborhood dog walking by, AND crushed by a passing car and it would still be easy to get a replacement at the port.

I say that half joking, obviously, but it is true....not worth worrying about too much, but I can relate to the excitement of having them arrive.  Seems like 2-3 weeks is just about the normal shipping point, then add a couple days for transit.

• Haha 1