Sold out cruise question :(

mook1525

Hello fellow cruisers!

I depart on 8/13 from Norfolk VA on Magic and super excited about it.

yesterday, my friend called me to inform that he and his two kids really really wants to tag along. 

problem is this cruise is sold out - booking is not available on Carnival website.

What is the best way/strategy at this point to have a chance at booking this cruise?

I am sure there will be voluntary/involuntary cancellations up to cruise date but how do I find out?? 

anyone with experience booking this late?

any information or tips are appreciated.

thank you!

I didn’t know you could get on a waitlist.  

Sometimes when I am interested in a particular cruise that is completely booked, I check several times a day to see if something opens up. 

Sometimes a cabin will open up and then within a few hours it’s gone because someone grabbed it.   

• Like 1

My jan 13 2024 cruise has been sold out since april. I've seen 2 people post they cancelled but never saw the booking open for booking, not even just the 1 cabin. Just gone. If there is a wait list maybe that's why idk .. but cant book direct. Used to be 2 of these but the other went last oct and no more with this itinerary were added ..  some jewel with not terrible ports but nothing as good as mine from Galveston imo. Aruba curacao and Panama costa rico and Columbia.  ..and the 6th is Jamaica. Booo lol. Even at outrageous rates, cant book it anymore. Last I saw cheapest cabin offered over 6k.

Good luck. Might not happen. Keep watching but it may not come back. 

3 hours ago, audcc77 said:

I didn’t know you could get on a waitlist.  

Sometimes when I am interested in a particular cruise that is completely booked, I check several times a day to see if something opens up. 

Sometimes a cabin will open up and then within a few hours it’s gone because someone grabbed it.   

I have had that happen twice in the last two weeks for July cruises, once with MSC and once with Royal Caribbean. I check frequently at random times, and found cabins available at 1 a.m. and 5 a.m., respectively. They were both relatively good prices (for these times, anyway). Several more cabins have become available since then, but at much higher prices. To make this work, you need to know what your acceptable range is and be ready to book immediately, before someone else does. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mook1525 said:

Hello fellow cruisers!

I depart on 8/13 from Norfolk VA on Magic and super excited about it.

yesterday, my friend called me to inform that he and his two kids really really wants to tag along. 

problem is this cruise is sold out - booking is not available on Carnival website.

What is the best way/strategy at this point to have a chance at booking this cruise?

I am sure there will be voluntary/involuntary cancellations up to cruise date but how do I find out?? 

anyone with experience booking this late?

any information or tips are appreciated.

thank you!

This happened to me and I booked through one of my travel credit cards that booked cruises. 

Wife and I had decided to book a last-minute Caribbean cruise.  We had a specific cabin (on a specific sailing) that we wanted, but it never appeared on Carnival's website as available.  Maybe less than a month before embarkation, we finally went to an on-line TA who was able to hook us up with exactly what we wanted.

It was during the capacity-limited phase (Oct. '21) of the restart, so I am sure there were some unusual forces in play, but still, I continue hearing about occasional last-minute successes in this sold-out era.  Wouldn't put money on it, but wouldn't give up hope, either.