New wi-fi options

alfiemom

After reading a thread about the elimination of basic wi-fi, I checked the X website and the app for our upcoming TA.  My DH paid for the premium quite some time ago, but added basic for me a few weeks ago.  The app doesn’t say what wi-fi we have and I can’t find it on the website.  If there no more basic, am I out of luck or might they make my basic premium?

I feel rather silly asking this because I’ve been on CC & X for quite a long time……

I can’t find “cruise planner” anywhere.  Checked the app on my iPhone and searched my cruise on the website…..no cruise planner.  

5 minutes ago, alfiemom said:

I feel rather silly asking this because I’ve been on CC & X for quite a long time……

I can’t find “cruise planner” anywhere.  Checked the app on my iPhone and searched my cruise on the website…..no cruise planner.  

So you see your cruise on the website? Is there a blue button on your cruise that says “ Plan My Cruise? That takes you to planner.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, alfiemom said:

After reading a thread about the elimination of basic wi-fi, I checked the X website and the app for our upcoming TA.  My DH paid for the premium quite some time ago, but added basic for me a few weeks ago.  The app doesn’t say what wi-fi we have and I can’t find it on the website.  If there no more basic, am I out of luck or might they make my basic premium?

They still have Basic .    The new rules indicate that you an not purchase Basic as a stand alone purchase but you can still upgrade to Premium if you already have Basic or have it as a perk.

If you purchase the all inclusive for below AQ it is my understanding that you will receive the Basic Package and then can upgrade it to Premium.   I'm sure if I'm incorrect someone will correct me.

If you already have Basic you will keep it and can upgrade.   For your husband if he upgraded already he will receive a refund of part of the Upgrade charge in line with the new upgrade pricing.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, cruiseforus said:

Am I correct in assuming the 90 minutes they give Elite is the basic wifi? 

You have assumed wrong.  You get the Premium minutes.

The best wifi I had on my trip was that sitting on the beach in St Maarten and at Diamonds International in Jamaica.   The ship's internet was spotty.  

• Like 1

I missed this entire Wi-Fi discussion because I thought the Elevate package (which I have for an upcoming Cruise) included the premium wifi package.  Just learned it doesn’t, just includes basic.  On my planner, only purchasing the premium Wi-Fi is included, not the cost to upgrade from Basic to Premium.  Anyone have that info or link to such?  Did I just miss a sale on the upgrade? 🥲

10 hours ago, Islander500 said:

I missed this entire Wi-Fi discussion because I thought the Elevate package (which I have for an upcoming Cruise) included the premium wifi package.  Just learned it doesn’t, just includes basic.  On my planner, only purchasing the premium Wi-Fi is included, not the cost to upgrade from Basic to Premium.  Anyone have that info or link to such?  Did I just miss a sale on the upgrade? 🥲

When did you book your cruise?  The Elevate package is not longer sold, but I believe it included the Premium Internet and Drink package.  Are you sure you do not have just the AI?

7 hours ago, jagoffee said:

When did you book your cruise?  The Elevate package is not longer sold, but I believe it included the Premium Internet and Drink package.  Are you sure you do not have just the AI?

I booked it last summer when Elevate was available.  Just found this flyer which confirms that Elevate includes only Basic Wifi which is consistent with my booking statement.  https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/3_21_Canada_Always_Included-Elevate-Indulge.pdf 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2023 at 6:10 PM, Jim_Iain said:

If you purchase the all inclusive for below AQ it is my understanding that you will receive the Basic Package and then can upgrade it to Premium.   I'm sure if I'm incorrect someone will correct me.

I think that would be 'AQ and below...' as AQ just gets classic alcohol and basic wifi.

1 hour ago, quacker5 said:

I booked it last summer when Elevate was available.  Just found this flyer which confirms that Elevate includes only Basic Wifi which is consistent with my booking statement.  https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/3_21_Canada_Always_Included-Elevate-Indulge.pdf 

Sorry, I was confusing it with the Indulge package.  You are correct.

• Thanks 1