Adding a small table to the cabin.

Tinknock50

I am booked on the Discovery Princess to Alaska next year.

I am in one of those forward facing outside cabins and wondering how possible it will be to get a small table placed in my cabin so I can have room service breakfast by that large window.

1 hour ago, Tinknock50 said:

I am in one of those forward facing outside cabins and wondering how possible it will be to get a small table placed in my cabin so I can have room service breakfast by that large window.

If there isn't already one in your cabin, just ask your room steward to bring one.

Happy cruising!

Seachelt

6 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

You should have a small table already

in your cabin. 

27 minutes ago, Tinknock50 said:

According to any photos I have seen , there is no small table in the forward facing cabins.

I hope they can provide one.

Look your room up on https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Discovery-Princess&deck=15 . When I looked I saw a table on the forward facing balconies Screenshot_20230624-194913_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4532b5e91df6f3ea8416378264289735.jpg

Tinknock--  " forward facing outside cabins"

Are you referring to the 'premium oceanview' cabins on Sun deck, S101-106?

I was in one earlier this year. The Princess website deck plan floor diagram implies that there is a small oval table and barrel chair. Neither was there, just a very large empty floor leading to the slanting windows. I asked my steward for a table and he kindly supplied a folding type metal chair and card table which worked for my desired computer workspace. I would expect that you could do the same. 

One other issue is the half sized closet, also not as implied on the website deck floor room diagram. As another poster has pointed out you might do well to look at photos and videos displayed on cruisedeckplans.com. This half sized closet didn't bother me because I was traveling solo, but if my wife was with me it would have been a deal killer.

The front facing slanted windows are pretty spectacular and the far remote cabin location way up top and forward of the retreat pool was kind of fun. At the time I booked I could've gotten a regular balcony or deluxe balcony-obstructed for the same price, which I probably would do next time around.

Enjoy your cruise,

Walkingsoon

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

According to any photos I have seen , there is no small table in the forward facing cabins.

I hope they can provide one.

I was in L102 a few weeks ago and had 2 chairs, 2 foot rests, and a nice table on my balcony.

5 hours ago, walkingsoon said:

Tinknock--  " forward facing outside cabins"

Are you referring to the 'premium oceanview' cabins on Sun deck, S101-106?

I was in one earlier this year. The Princess website deck plan floor diagram implies that there is a small oval table and barrel chair. Neither was there, just a very large empty floor leading to the slanting windows. I asked my steward for a table and he kindly supplied a folding type metal chair and card table which worked for my desired computer workspace. I would expect that you could do the same. 

One other issue is the half sized closet, also not as implied on the website deck floor room diagram. As another poster has pointed out you might do well to look at photos and videos displayed on cruisedeckplans.com. This half sized closet didn't bother me because I was traveling solo, but if my wife was with me it would have been a deal killer.

The front facing slanted windows are pretty spectacular and the far remote cabin location way up top and forward of the retreat pool was kind of fun. At the time I booked I could've gotten a regular balcony or deluxe balcony-obstructed for the same price, which I probably would do next time around.

Enjoy your cruise,

Walkingsoon

Yep…. That is what I referring to as photos I have seen where there is not a table present. Never had confidence in those diagrams for accuracy.

The videos and pictures show me I will be just fine with this room since I am solo and happy with the closet size.

Just got back from Celebrity with a similar setup and want that again in Alaska. Most of my best pictures were from my room. Would be nice if were less expensive than an obstructed balcony, but I am still willing to forgo that to get this location.

I am encouraged to know that they found a table for you. Hopefully they will do the same for me.

Edited by Tinknock50

11 minutes ago, Tinknock50 said:

Yep…. That is what I referring to as photos I have seen where there is not a table present. Never had confidence in those diagrams for accuracy.

The videos and pictures show me I will be just fine with this room since I am solo and happy with the closet size.

Just got back from Celebrity with a similar setup and want that again in Alaska. Most of my best pictures were from my room. Would be nice if were less expensive than an obstructed balcony, but I am still willing to forgo that to get this location.

"
Would be nice if were less expensive than an obstructed balcony" 

If they're still available and indeed not as expensive, I'd consider the obstructed balconies L101-104 or M101-104. Even after final payment you might get a swap done if you talk to the right person. The balconies are huge, forward facing and very near, location-wise - just a deck or two below.

Either way, for cruising the inside passage, you'll have a great view. Been in both cabin types and enjoyed them. If you do stick with the premium oceanview and your steward won't provide a table (I expect he will) the existence of furniture on the inaccurate diagrams provides you with a reasonable argument point should you  escalate the request to guest services. Otherwise it's just a large odd space; furniture would be very appropriate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, walkingsoon said:

"
Would be nice if were less expensive than an obstructed balcony" 

If they're still available and indeed not as expensive, I'd consider the obstructed balconies L101-104 or M101-104. Even after final payment you might get a swap done if you talk to the right person. The balconies are huge, forward facing and very near, location-wise - just a deck or two below.

Either way, for cruising the inside passage, you'll have a great view. Been in both cabin types and enjoyed them. If you do stick with the premium oceanview and your steward won't provide a table (I expect he will) the existence of furniture on the inaccurate diagrams provides you with a reasonable argument point should you  escalate the request to guest services. Otherwise it's just a large odd space; furniture would be very appropriate.

They are more and can’t be chosen (guarantee).

Anyway, I prefer warm location viewing when breakfasting in my room….before getting showered and dressed.

3 hours ago, CaboWabo62 said:

We have a 24'x24' folding camp table that we bring as baggage instant balcony dining table.

I am thinking about something along that line. Maybe something even smaller. Just enough to support a room service tray.

47 minutes ago, Tinknock50 said:

So does anyone have suggestion for a portable travel table that will fit in a medium sized suitcase?

https://www.campingworld.com/rio-gear-expandable-camping-table-630000.html?dwvar_630000_color=silv

Don't know the size of your suitcase, but this would fit a large duffel bag. I had one for camping and really liked it. Folded, it is 30" x 11.5" x 4"  and 12lbs.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 3:55 AM, Tinknock50 said:

I am thinking about something along that line. Maybe something even smaller. Just enough to support a room service tray.

We have always had a little table in any of the cabins we have had on Princess.  Sometime we even put it in the closet to get it out of the way.....it's big enough to hold the room service tray.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

We have always had a little table in any of the cabins we have had on Princess.  Sometime we even put it in the closet to get it out of the way.....it's big enough to hold the room service tray.

I have done a lot of searches for pictures and videos of non- balcony forward facing cabins. Not one has shown a small table in one. In fact, the lack of a table is specifically mentioned in some videos.

I guess there is always a chance that could change, I suppose.