Still water

damiross

In the description of what is included in the premier beverage package, it says "...package includes sparkling or still bottled water...".  Is "still bottled water"  the term Princess uses for regular bottled water?  I've never heard it called "still water".

12 hours ago, damiross said:

In the description of what is included in the premier beverage package, it says "...package includes sparkling or still bottled water...".  Is "still bottled water"  the term Princess uses for regular bottled water?  I've never heard it called "still water".

Restaurants will ask if you want sparkling or still. Common term.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

Kirkland is not necessarily Costco!

Kirkland is Costco. I live in Washington state and Kirkland, WA is the headquarters of Costco and the brand name.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Still" or "flat" water is the term used for non-carbonated water in other parts of the world.  It's because the carbonation in what American's know as a sparkling water, moves and agitates the water.  On Princess, still water is the bottled water not from the ship's taps.

• Like 1

Kirkland Signature bottled water is excellent, at least whatever bottler they are using in the Pacific Northwest to stock their stores, Costco that is.  It has a nice crisp flavor, and doesn't taste like plastic.

I'm fine with tap water, both at home and on board the ship, but I wouldn't bat an eye at a bartender handing me bottled water from Costco.  I purchase it for use when out camping.  It's a good tasting, quality product.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, damiross said:

This is a common term in European locales.  The first few times we just ordered "water" with our meal and they asked "sparkling or still" kinda threw us off...until we finally caught on!

7 hours ago, marden1970 said:

We had several different brands on our last cruise (Crown March/April), one of which was Kirkland.

That’s where I saw it (in a video)! It was a Princess cruise food review couple and they were on a long cruise on the Crown in April. I am a Costco fanatic so I recognize kirkland anywhere. I even have ostentatiously branded Kirkland clothing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hadn’t realised that ‘still water’ was a European term!

So what would I ask for if in the States so I don’t get blank looks off of the poor server I’ve just confused?

Just ask for water and it’ll be still water?

Ps. in UK if you don’t want to pay for water at a restaurant ask for a jug/glass of TAP water specifically. Too many places don’t automatically bring water to the table although that’s getting much better

If you have the premier package, can you get your cabin steward to bring you bottled water for your cabin fridge?  Or do you have to only get it at the bars and take it back yourself?  Does it make a difference if you’re in a reserve class mini?

53 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

For those with their nose in the air about "Costco Water": Spring water is spring water.,

I love Costco products!  It is just I am surprised they are using warehouse club bottled water instead of from some food supply company.

• Like 1