Exceptional Initiative Expanded

Keith1010

Great news!

Just received the following from Crystal which is great news. If you were owed money from booking on other vessels such as Esprit, Endeavor or the River Cruise Vessels you can apply fill out paperwork to receive a voucher for them.

Crystal is delighted to announce that we’ve extended our Exceptional Initiative to cover all vessels of the former Crystal Cruises. The Exceptional Initiative will now be providing credits to guests who have lost deposits, and Travel Advisors who have lost commissions under Crystal Cruises’ former ownership, regardless of the ship.
We invite guests who were not previously eligible for the claim to apply by August 1, 2023. We will review existing certificates and reissue a higher value credit where appropriate. This decision to broaden the credit claim is in direct correlation with feedback we have received from guests and Travel Advisors, and is further proof of Crystal’s commitment to allow returning guests to fully recover their losses and experience the new Crystal.
For more details, see below.

• Like 1

In 2023, we have cruised on Seabourn - June 2023, we will Cruise on Crystal - Oct 2023, Regent - Dec 2023.  Some people say it is expensive on Crystal.  On these 2023  cruises, Crystal is the least expensive (price per day per guest). Seabourn is the most expensive.

Regent being in the middle, it has excursions included but I looked at them and not many are interesting.

Our experience on Seabourn convinced us to have another look at a cruise on Crystal, since we have 5% discount, Old Crystal credit and Air Promo.  NC is doing something to have us on board!

Here is how we compare the products.

Ship: Seabourn 32k tons, Crystal 68.80k tons, it makes a difference on large seas.  Seabourn built in 2009, refurbished in 2019. The decor on Crystal was better than that, last time we cruise in 2019, and it is refurbished in 2023.

Cabin/suite:  a bit larger on Seabourn for the same category.  We do not plan to stay in our cabin/suite, we want to meet people and experience bars & dining venues and entertainments/presentations.  Showers need an improvement - very smalll.

Entertainments: great on the 2 ships.

Food: definitively Crystal (OC) is the winner.  Variety, presentation and taste at breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Specialty restaurants on Crystal are unique, except Le Voyage (Boulud restaurant) on Celebrity Beyond.  We had heard about having caviar every day on Seabourn but not great quality caviar and no blinis served in very tiny portion - very disappointed.

Service: Excellent service on the 2 ships.  After 2 days on board, personal recognized us and called us by our name.  My husband and I do not have the same last name.  We were 317 guests instead of 450, probably easier to remember all.

We are looking forward to try Regent for the first time in December.  With all the excellent comments we read on CC and heard from our friends, we believe it is good money invested.  We will see!

Bon voyage!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruise_loverinlaval said:

In 2023, we have cruised on Seabourn - June 2023, we will Cruise on Crystal - Oct 2023, Regent - Dec 2023.  Some people say it is expensive on Crystal.  On these 2023  cruises, Crystal is the least expensive (price per day per guest). Seabourn is the most expensive.

Regent being in the middle, it has excursions included but I looked at them and not many are interesting.

Our experience on Seabourn convinced us to have another look at a cruise on Crystal, since we have 5% discount, Old Crystal credit and Air Promo.  NC is doing something to have us on board!

Here is how we compare the products.

Ship: Seabourn 32k tons, Crystal 68.80k tons, it makes a difference on large seas.  Seabourn built in 2009, refurbished in 2019. The decor on Crystal was better than that, last time we cruise in 2019, and it is refurbished in 2023.

Cabin/suite:  a bit larger on Seabourn for the same category.  We do not plan to stay in our cabin/suite, we want to meet people and experience bars & dining venues and entertainments/presentations.  Showers need an improvement - very smalll.

Entertainments: great on the 2 ships.

Food: definitively Crystal (OC) is the winner.  Variety, presentation and taste at breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Specialty restaurants on Crystal are unique, except Le Voyage (Boulud restaurant) on Celebrity Beyond.  We had heard about having caviar every day on Seabourn but not great quality caviar and no blinis served in very tiny portion - very disappointed.

Service: Excellent service on the 2 ships.  After 2 days on board, personal recognized us and called us by our name.  My husband and I do not have the same last name.  We were 317 guests instead of 450, probably easier to remember all.

We are looking forward to try Regent for the first time in December.  With all the excellent comments we read on CC and heard from our friends, we believe it is good money invested.  We will see!

Bon voyage!

I closed the door for Seabourn in 2016  caused by the constant downgrading of the F&B operations 

poor breakfast and buffet lunches in view of the high prices and the very unkind single policy

• Haha 1

keith,

thank you so much for posting about the improved eceptional initiative.  as my river cruise was one of those cancelled cruises, i was not elegible for a credit, but with this change of policy, i think i will apply immediately and hopefully finally receive something from the cancelled river cruise i was booked on.  i'm surprised i never received this notification but thanks to your posting i'm aware of it now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vistaman said:

I closed the door for Seabourn in 2016  caused by the constant downgrading of the F&B operations 

poor breakfast and buffet lunches in view of the high prices and the very unkind single policy

We were just on Seabourn for 21 days.  We thought the good was vastly improved over previous cruises.

I cannot speak to the single policy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vistaman said:

Good to hear you had a great cruise 

I will join the Dawn end of July and hopefully tot the Explora on 21st August 

And I could not resist a Splendor early November  " a wine cruise " 

All fabulous choices.

30 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

I am concerned that all this largess will be paid for by higher pricing.  

The prices (daily rate per cabin category) went up when NC first announced fares. If they want to stay in business it was mandatory. They (as all the competition) are using dynamic pricing, not to the extent of the airlines, but don't hold your breath on that not happening!!

Patty

• Like 2

I agree with Patty.  We want Crystal to be successful and profit is key to the future and this does mean higher pricing.  They are looking to offer a high quality product so to do that prices have to be higher. 

The incentive program is not driving up prices.  And as discussed pricing varies; higher for solos than it was and for other cruises it varies by cruise.

Incentive program accomplishes several goals. This includes good will but also it can drive sales with some booking cruises they might not have.  This generates more revenue.  This also brings people who might have waited to book and hopefully if they are impressed they will return and tell their friends about the positive experience.

The agency we use has been the highest producing agency for Crystal for many years.  They have many clients booked on cruises and have been promoting Crystal including the webinar even though they don't prominently list Crystal on the site it is there.  

Finally, all promotions don't work for everyone. I've never seen one that does.  One might be for solos or one might be for first time guests or new bookings. Often they are targeted and that is true for the marketing of most products.

Happy Cruising.  

Keith

I just found out about this program being extended to people, like me,  who were booked on a river cruise.  i completed the application form and then spoke to someone at crystal on sarurday about it.  and to my great surprise and happiness, i was approved this morning and now part of that money is being applied to my current booking on Symphony for May, 2024. Thanks again for mentioning this.

• Like 5

Kudos to Crystal. The process for processing the new  Exceptional Initiative submissions is exceptional.  I just received my new voucher which was two business days from submission and was happy to see USC Adventurer received a voucher even sooner.

Keith 

4 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

keith,

since crystal  divides their voucher into 5 vouchers, am i allowed to use all the vouchers on one cruise or does each voucher have to be used for one cruise only?  i'm not sure what the policy is about that?  do you?

Each voucher represents five sub credits.

One sub credit can be used per room.

The only way you can use more than one on the same cruise is if you have friends or family and for each room you could use one sub-credit.

Also let's say you had a back to back voyage Only one one sub-credit can be used.

As your voucher indicates you have to book a cruise by October 1, 2023 but if you have an existing cruise you can immediately have them applied to them and this voucher is good for all departures through CYE 2025.

I hope this helps.

Keith

45 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

keith,

i checked my certificate and it says my vouchers are good for travel by dec 31, 2025.  thanks for your information.  i was able to appy one voucher to my currents booking for the symphony on may 9, 2024

Perfect.  And yes  CYE 2025 is 12/31/25 .  The previous vouchers issued for the Ocean Vessels are also good for all departures through year end 2025.

I am so glad you got such a quick turn-around from Crystal and it's great that they expanded this to money owed for the other former Crystal vessels.  I was very pleased to hear back yesterday. As soon as the 2025 itineraries are released we will use  the new sub-credits for 2025.

Keith

hello keith,

this works out perfect for me.  since i have four vouchers left to use until dec.31, 2025, i'm going to take the daughter, granddaughter and son in law on a cruise with me in 2025 and that's how i can use all the vouchers.  now i just have to wait until the 2025 cruises are published.  i hope it won't be too long now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USC Adventurer said:

hello keith,

this works out perfect for me.  since i have four vouchers left to use until dec.31, 2025, i'm going to take the daughter, granddaughter and son in law on a cruise with me in 2025 and that's how i can use all the vouchers.  now i just have to wait until the 2025 cruises are published.  i hope it won't be too long now.

That's great.  Please remember it is one voucher per room.  Hopefully you can use them all but my view is whatever any of us can use is better than the alternative where we were out the entire amount.  And maybe we'll get something when the work by Moecker is complete.  I am expecting nothing so if we get something all the better.

Keith

hello keith,

i just got off the phone with a crystal representative and asked him about how can the sub vouchers be used.  i said that i wanted to book a room for myself and a another room for my daughter, soninlaw and granddaughter.  he said the if the three family members were in one cabin and i was in another cabin, on the same cruise, then they each could us a voucher.  so that was the answer i wanted to hear.  so i can use the three sub vouchers for my family in the same cabin.  now i just need to find a cruise for 2025 and get it booked.

53 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

hello keith,

i just got off the phone with a crystal representative and asked him about how can the sub vouchers be used.  i said that i wanted to book a room for myself and a another room for my daughter, soninlaw and granddaughter.  he said the if the three family members were in one cabin and i was in another cabin, on the same cruise, then they each could us a voucher.  so that was the answer i wanted to hear.  so i can use the three sub vouchers for my family in the same cabin.  now i just need to find a cruise for 2025 and get it booked.

Hello again.  I am happy for you but  I don't believe  what you were told is correct.  This is why I say this. Terms from the program on the web site are provided below and you see it is per suite or room booked.  If it applied to two people in a room then my wife and I would be able to use two for our room  and I know that is not the case.

1. Beneficiaries traveling with friends and family, booking additional suites or guest rooms for the same voyage (or at least one voyage if the Beneficiary has booked back-to-back voyages), may apply their Credit per additional suite or guest room booked. An individual booking is defined as one (1) suite or guest room reserved for one voyage. For the avoidance of doubt back-to-back voyages, Grand Journeys and the World Cruise are considered one booking and not multiple bookings by voyage segment.

If I am right the good news is you still get to use two vouchers (one for your room and one for their room) so this means you would have used three of five.  I hope this makes sense.  

Keith

Keith

I understand what you are saying you were right, but why shouldn’t the people on the phone know what the exact policy iis?  maybe this hasn’t really been sorted out correctly with the Crystal representatives on the phones

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

Keith

I understand what you are saying you were right, but why shouldn’t the people on the phone know what the exact policy iis?  maybe this hasn’t really been sorted out correctly with the Crystal representatives on the phones

Unfortunately you are not the first person who didn't get the correct information from the phone representatives. It has been both their misunderstanding your question and their not being informed. 

• Like 1

1. keith,  you are absolutely right about the sub vouchers.  they are offered by cabin and not by people.  just wanted to let you know how brillaint you are.  so i think if i reserve three cabins on the 2025 cruise, at least i'll be able to use three sub vouchers.  just cant figure out how to use the fourth but i'll keep tryinig.

1 hour ago, USC Adventurer said:
  1. keith,  you are absolutely right about the sub vouchers.  they are offered by cabin and not by people.  just wanted to let you know how brillaint you are.  so i think if i reserve three cabins on the 2025 cruise, at least i'll be able to use three sub vouchers.  just cant figure out how to use the fourth but i'll keep tryinig.

David I am glad you were able to get this sorted out.

Best to you.

Keith