Fresh squeezed orange juice in the dining room...Anthem

We're cruising on the Anthem in November.  My future son-in-law isn't getting the drink package but is thinking of getting the refreshment package only because he likes fresh squeezed orange juice.  He is a big soda drinker and I suggested he just get the soda package which is much cheaper.  My question is can you pay for the fresh squeezed orange juice when its ordered?  We probably won't be eating in the dining room every morning.  I have cruised numerous times and find the dining room the best choice on port days and the Windjammer on sea days...people tend to sleep in.

The oj from concentrate that is complimentary is much better than the "fresh squeezed" you pay extra for.  We've tried the fresh squeezed a few times on different ships and it's just not that good.

• Like 1

Hello,

The problem with the concentrated orange juice is the ratio of water to concentrate. It used to be 7:1 and counting to 7 was obviously difficult for some as some days the 'juice' was lightly coloured water and others the 'juice' could strip paint.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
sp
  • Like 1

I love the fresh squeezed OJ and get it all the time.  The yellow beverage they serve in the WJ and MDR in the morning and call orange juice is awful.  The fresh squeezed stuff is the only way to go.  

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I love the fresh squeezed OJ and get it all the time.  The yellow beverage they serve in the WJ and MDR in the morning and call orange juice is awful.  The fresh squeezed stuff is the only way to go.  

I used to think this, but now that I can get it free, I've found (at least on some ships/venues) the "regular" juice is better. Guess it all depends on the person operating the "fresh squeezer" and the person setting the water mixture on the other (multi-juice) dispenser.

On 7/1/2023 at 12:21 PM, Tree_skier said:

The yellow beverage they serve in the WJ and MDR in the morning and call orange juice is awful.  

Depends on whether you like Tang.  Although often it is watered down Tang.

• Like 1

Hello,

What I didn't like in the old days when the squeezing machines were placed at the entrance to the WJ was the muppets operating the machines were putting the juice into boiling hot glasses fresh from the dishwasher. This spoiled both the OJ and the enjoyment too.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1