Viking stole our money

Monkey486

2 hours ago, stephenandrew said:

FWIW, I would say that some of the reactions to your posts have been less than sympathetic.  When something bad happens, people are prone to emotional and potentially over reactions.  Pretty normal.  I find it somewhat “unkind” for others to immediately tell you how wrong you are, how right Viking is, how you are at fault for not reading the contract, hiring a TA, etc., etc.  Just because someone may be wrong doesn’t mean it is necessary or useful to pile on the injured party.  I think it sucks you lost $10K.  If that happened to me, I’d be upset too.  Move on….like all things, this feeling will pass.

Welcome to social media.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkey486 said:

What? Huh? Well aren’t you special? We were offered no 125% incentive. We were told (first answer-see previous post) the voucher was the only option. 

Well, I don't know why I'm wasting my time when you call me names, but I looked at your first post - you didn't say how you got the voucher your insurance didn't cover in the first place. Most (if not all) of us assumed from the sketchy details you provided it was a voucher from a cruise Viking cancelled - most likely due to covid. When Heidi13 responded about cash vs. voucher and you responded (#8 and #9), you didn't state then that your only option was a voucher. You also make several other incorrect statements - one notably that Viking is a corporation.

Times up. Take your marbles and go home.

• Like 2