Max amount of drinks.

kasowell2

5 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Only slightly off topic, prior to our recent 12-day British Isles cruise I had done a lot of mental speculating on what we would probably drink, available OBC and price of Plus. Decided we would do better with a la Carte by about $200. Sitting in the bar on first day, logic and arithmetic is completely different 🙂 We went for the Plus, and I am sure we got value 🙂

ETA in anticipation of not having Plus I had pre-ordered 12 bottles of water for our cabin. They were not delivered and we were not charged, Plus took care of our water requirements. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gah_cruise said:

You are incorrect....cans of coke are included...Sky 17/06....and stated by at least two waiters and no charges on our account.

Don’t expect that on every cruise you take. I do prefer a can and do order them but I am charged   This has happened on 8 cruises since March 2022

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Yes but if you are willing to take fountain cokes they are included. Packages have not included cans if fountain is available for several years 

It must vary amongst the ships.  I prefer fountain drinks and I had to specifically request a fountain drink when I ordered coke or half the time they would bring a can.  Both fountain & cans were available in Ocean Now and they didn’t charge for me for either.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 6:29 PM, memoak said:

This is what exactly we do yes you both get up to -5 drinks per day. Just ask them to put one on each account easy peasy

Never had to do that.  If I order us each a drink, they just ask for the cabin number.  It always comes out right...no body has been limited or cut off but I don't believe we have ever gotten to the 15 drink limit.

On 7/4/2023 at 10:28 PM, KreinKrunker said:

Totally agree it is not that difficult.  Might even add a cappuccino with Baileys after dinner.  But, probably wouldn't do that much every day.

Exactly!  You can't drink the same way on a 25 day sailing as you would on a 7 day....at least I can't.

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2023 at 4:25 PM, ExploringTheGlobe said:

Oh yes, a Smartie.  I like neither of those beverages but they are actually not bad when combined.  At least I kind of liked them back in my college days. 

Amazing what we drank in our college days.  Ever hear of a Hairy Buffalo party?

On 7/5/2023 at 5:07 PM, memoak said:

When they first came out with the beverage packages it was unlimited. Then people in one cabin started handed drinks to friends without the package   The sharing prompted the limit of 15 alcoholic drinks per day per person. You will not find a mid market line without such a limit 

Someone just told me that NCL has no limit...who knows?

On 7/6/2023 at 10:08 AM, 20165 said:

Thank you and i should have asked, do you have to pay extra for the non alcohol drinks or are they included as unlimited on the package?  In keeping with the Celebrity example, their packages include everything up to a certain dollar amount with no limits so im just trying to figure out if they only thing that Princess is counting is Alcohol beverages, everything else is included and unlimited? I can go through 10 bottled waters easily in a day, especially if i somehow make it to the gym...

Thanks

To answer your question....yes! As many as you want with the exception of "canned" soda which is not included in the package.  Drink as much water as you like!
And yes,  Princess only counts alcohol drinks...15 per day.

On 7/6/2023 at 8:20 PM, davekathy said:

Got it. Cruise Card now Medallion. It's been 13 years since our last Princess cruise. Is there a nightly Captains Circle HH for Platinum? 

There is a Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge each evening with light bites and some drinks at special prices (hardly needed since most have some kind of drink package), but anyway there is no longer a Happy Hour...2 fers on Princess.

• Thanks 1

On 7/7/2023 at 3:09 PM, memoak said:

Don’t expect that on every cruise you take. I do prefer a can and do order them but I am charged   This has happened on 8 cruises since March 2022

@suzyed“many as you want with the exception of "canned" soda which is not included in the package.” 

My experience this year.   Feb 2023 on Royal, April 2023 Sapphire & July 2023 Emerald all included cans of soda both walking up to the bar and ordering on the ap. 

I will also add that bartenders will cut you off as needed in their professional opinion. They will also “charge you tomorrow for a burger today” if you get my drift. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

We are trying to decide between princess plus or princess premier packages and i wanted to find out if anyone has a list/bar menu of drinks that are above $15?  We are trying to figure out what drinks are not included in that $15 or less amount.  On NCL or RCL, $15 or less would pretty much cover everything with a few exceptions, but im not sure if princess adjusts their prices to put more drinks above that $15 mark

thx

9 minutes ago, memoak said:

Watch me

I tend to mix in a number of "And Tonics". A Gin and Tonic without the Gin. 🙂 I love Tonic and Lime and it makes for a refreshing drink without the extra "benefit" of more alcohol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I tend to mix in a number of "And Tonics". A Gin and Tonic without the Gin. 🙂 I love Tonic and Lime and it makes for a refreshing drink without the extra "benefit" of more alcohol.

So much sugar though. I wish Princess had diet tonic available. Will probably bring some on our next cruise.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, blizzard44ca said:

So much sugar though. I wish Princess had diet tonic available. Will probably bring some on our next cruise.

At home I always buy diet tonic. Tastes fine to me but Princess doesn't have it. Tonic and Lime is still less caloric than G&T.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 10:30 AM, Teechur said:

That seems reasonable to me. I just never get the urge to have a drink in the morning, but no shame if you do.

You can't drink all day if you don't start drinking in the morning! 🤪😎🍸🍺

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 5:27 AM, 20165 said:

We are trying to decide between princess plus or princess premier packages and i wanted to find out if anyone has a list/bar menu of drinks that are above $15?  We are trying to figure out what drinks are not included in that $15 or less amount.  On NCL or RCL, $15 or less would pretty much cover everything with a few exceptions, but im not sure if princess adjusts their prices to put more drinks above that $15 mark

thx

I find that very little is over $15, so much to say that 'everything' is included. With the exception of wine, then it is easy to go over $15.

On 7/9/2023 at 8:27 AM, 20165 said:

thx

I posted some pictures of the drink menus in another thread.  These were the menus being used on Sky Princess last month.  As someone pointed out in that thread, either the menus haven't been updated to reflect that Plus now includes drinks up to $15, or the price of drinks hasn't been raised yet.  Read through that thread for more details on that.   I'll try to link to it here....

54 minutes ago, TN-Mountains said:

I posted some pictures of the drink menus in another thread.  These were the menus being used on Sky Princess last month.  As someone pointed out in that thread, either the menus haven't been updated to reflect that Plus now includes drinks up to $15, or the price of drinks hasn't been raised yet.  Read through that thread for more details on that.   I'll try to link to it here....

Thanks for the info and it does look like most of what we would drink is on the plus package, but the premium wasnt that much more when we booked it with the cruise so we just opted for that.  And if i read the menus on your previous post correctly, JW Blue is included which will more than make up for the additional price i paid.  

thx again

1 hour ago, 20165 said:

Thanks for the info and it does look like most of what we would drink is on the plus package, but the premium wasnt that much more when we booked it with the cruise so we just opted for that.  And if i read the menus on your previous post correctly, JW Blue is included which will more than make up for the additional price i paid.  

thx again

no way Blue is included - even at the $20 per shot