D+ AMENITY/PERKS CHANGES

Have not sailed RC since the restart (doing Celebrity & MSC Yacht Club mostly) but booking an RC 7 nighter to revisit a special old ship one last time before she leaves.  Reviewing the scaled down/revised perks list it looks like the cabin option for D+ wine amenity and such is gone, as is CL access, the behind-the-scenes tour and what the heck is "cheers with an officer"?  Assume that is meant to replace the meal with an officer? (Those were fun).

13 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Have not sailed RC since the restart (doing Celebrity & MSC Yacht Club mostly) but booking an RC 7 nighter to revisit a special old ship one last time before she leaves.  Reviewing the scaled down/revised perks list it looks like the cabin option for D+ wine amenity and such is gone, as is CL access, the behind-the-scenes tour and what the heck is "cheers with an officer"?  Assume that is meant to replace the meal with an officer? (Those were fun).

Hello,

Are you looking at these?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/cas-amenities-feb-2023.pdf?ecid=em_12591335&rid=569792499&rcid=48653446&empc=RCIN_CAS_722_TACTICAL_LOY&emsc=RCIN_CAS_722_DA_US&empf=&emct=DIAMOND&lnkid=full_amenities_list&ect=TAC&ecv=DA

The wine amenity is still there. The 'Cheers with an Officer' was (officially) brought-in during covid as a social distancing measure. My unofficial view is the staff, rarely and officer, got fed-up listening to complaints from the passengers that, being D+ or Pin, had cruised a lot and had long memories!

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
sp
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, cublet said:

The 'Cheers with an Officer' was (officially) brought-in during covid as a social distancing measure. My unofficial view is the staff, rarely and officer, got fed-up listening to complaints from the passengers that, being D+ or Pin, had cruised a lot and had long memories!

Thanks.  Had attended several and, at least at my tables, never ran into the complainers.  Had great times with payroll officers, dude who ran the laundry, etc.  More laughing than b**ching.   My experience anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beachin2 said:

Thanks.  Had attended several and, at least at my tables, never ran into the complainers.  Had great times with payroll officers, dude who ran the laundry, etc.  More laughing than b**ching.   My experience anyway.

Me too.  Have thoroughly enjoyed all of the cheers with an officer events.

28 minutes ago, George C said:

I love the fact that diamond plus gets 5 free drinks . Between that and suite happy hour we no longer need the drink package.

The drink package never made sense for me especially since we would often get drinks comped in the specialty restaurants. The drink vouchers are the single most valuable diamond perk IMHO.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Beachin2 said:

The D+ gifts are still there, wine as well as other options. 

Don’t fret about losing CL access for diamond plus, as on many cruises, Pinnacles don’t have access either. Both diamond plus, and Pinnacle have access to the diamond lounge. Yes, tours are gone as well. 

Cheers with the officer is basically the same meal, but the officer doesn’t sit with guests. 

I hope you enjoy your cruise

• Like 1

11 hours ago, George C said:

I love the fact that diamond plus gets 5 free drinks . Between that and suite happy hour we no longer need the drink package.

5 free drinks will be enough for me. Looking forward to cruising again later this year.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

CWO: We've been fortunate to have shared tables with fun and great people.

* I enjoy the wine, the filet, and a nice nap after lunch. :classic_smile:

Filet, what filet?🤣

The NY strip sometimes it's good other times it's as tough as nails.

Edited by nelblu

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Filet, what filet?🤣

I had something awful on allure. They forgot about our table for a hour then what I got was all gristle. Couldnt eat it and everyone else was about done. 

So I didnt go again until radiance end of march. .it was the best filet I've had in my whole life. It was flavored perfect. Cooked a little underdone but so good I ate it anyway. The guy next to me also said best hes had on rcl. 

So meal and steak cut seems to vary as everything else rcl does. I've only gone twice. 

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Filet, what filet?🤣

NY strip, what NY strip?

* Always had the filet...cooked to perfection. :classic_smile:

13 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The D+ gifts are still there, wine as well as other options. 

Don’t fret about losing CL access for diamond plus, as on many cruises, Pinnacles don’t have access either. Both diamond plus, and Pinnacle have access to the diamond lounge. Yes, tours are gone as well. 

Cheers with the officer is basically the same meal, but the officer doesn’t sit with guests. 

I hope you enjoy your cruise

We did one dinner and several lunch’s with officers but that was about a decade ago and because we were in suite , have not seen that in last 5 years or so.

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

NY strip, what NY strip?

* Always had the filet...cooked to perfection. :classic_smile:

Idk but seemed to me on allure pinnacles sat on other wise of the Mdr and got fillet.

D+ 15 minutes later was led in and sat and we had a different menu.

Radiance we got the fillet .. but on allure we got something not good. I'd have even taken a good strip steak. 

I was wondering if some of the difference are because on large ships the menu for D+ and pinnacles isnt the same.

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Idk but seemed to me on allure pinnacles sat on other wise of the Mdr and got fillet.

D+ 15 minutes later was led in and sat and we had a different menu.

Radiance we got the fillet .. but on allure we got something not good. I'd have even taken a good strip steak. 

I was wondering if some of the difference are because on large ships the menu for D+ and pinnacles isnt the same.

That's a good question...I'll try to get menus from both sides...then I'll post them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Just to be clear, the tours are still being offered if you are suite, although not on every cruise.  Hopefully they'll pick up as staffing picks up.

Last week on Oasis we were offered a backstage tour of the main theater as diamond but not because we were also in a suite.

8 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Last week on Oasis we were offered a backstage tour of the main theater as diamond but not because we were also in a suite.

I’m sure being on a suite had nothing to do with it. Especially as Diamond members were generally NOT  offered tours. 
Hope you enjoyed the  tour. 

m