"Live" Emerald Princess, 16-Day Hawaii, July 6th to July 22nd

LACruiser88

Day 13:   Cool, cloudy and a bit foggy.  Too cold for the pool for us.

Btw, the quarantine cabin that we had a few doors down is no longer in quarantine.  They were isolated for only 2.5 days, Noro???

20230718_114056.thumb.jpg.97191d9c61586f1026644f6e1dc0771b.jpg

• Like 4

The WHITE FLOUR CAPER has just hit the PIZZA joint!!  They are making their pizza with BROWN FLOUR!! 

Can’t wait for the Brown Flour Peanut Butter cookies!!

Edited by mikjr

On 7/16/2023 at 6:05 PM, Redwing55 said:

Not to derail the thread, but it is pretty amazing the number of stars one can easily see at one of those.  They kill the lights on the top deck and the sky explodes with objects one can rarely see up in the sky.

They tried to do this on our South Pacific cruise. We gathered up high and forward and the Assistant CD who was running the thing called to have them kill the lights. The lights went off and then right back on again. She kept trying to get them to kill the lights but... They killed the lights on Lido deck several times which caused a lot of consternation for the folks on that deck but they never did get it together to kill the proper lights. Finally we gave up.

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

They tried to do this on our South Pacific cruise. We gathered up high and forward and the Assistant CD who was running the thing called to have them kill the lights. The lights went off and then right back on again. She kept trying to get them to kill the lights but... They killed the lights on Lido deck several times which caused a lot of consternation for the folks on that deck but they never did get it together to kill the proper lights. Finally we gave up.

We were on a HAL Tahiti cruise many years ago with an Astronomer on board.  They turned off ALL the ship lights and it was amazing.  Being from SoCal… you never get to see the stars.   I wish PAX would at least turn off their BALCONY lights at night.  That would even help.  

Speaking of lights…. Anyone else tired of that CLOTHES area light with the sensor??   That thing kept coming on and off the other night by itself.  I moved all the clothes to one side, it still didn’t help.  I’m not sure what was setting it off.  I finally put something over the sensor and that seemed to work.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikjr said:

I wish PAX would at least turn off their BALCONY lights at night.  That would even help.  

I think that a LOT of people don't even realize they can turn the balcony light off. It's really annoying. I wish the cabin stewards would point out the switch for that light when they introduce themselves.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, mikjr said:

We were on a HAL Tahiti cruise many years ago with an Astronomer on board.  They turned off ALL the ship lights and it was amazing.  Being from SoCal… you never get to see the stars.   I wish PAX would at least turn off their BALCONY lights at night.  That would even help.  

Speaking of lights…. Anyone else tired of that CLOTHES area light with the sensor??   That thing kept coming on and off the other night by itself.  I moved all the clothes to one side, it still didn’t help.  I’m not sure what was setting it off.  I finally put something over the sensor and that seemed to work.  

We always take a little bit of masking tape. Even a bandaid will work or your steward can cover it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

We always leave our balcony light on as it serves as our nightlight. 

Oh my … maybe you haven’t realized this but that really annoys your neighbors.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Maybe they don’t realize the light is on  .. but just to let you know, it can be really annoying to those that are around you!  

That's what drapes are for. 

My balcony, my choice to leave the light on. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Wow .. I thought maybe you just didn’t realize your actions bothered others but now I see you just don’t care!  

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

Wow .. I thought maybe you just didn’t realize your actions bothered others but now I see you just don’t care!  

So sad... but apparently correct. I know so many people that try to relax and star gaze... guess they don't matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

It's not your balcony. You rent it for a little while. It is your choice to not care about others. Just something to think about.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The Captain just announced that the ship currently has over 700 cases of gastrointestinal infection and that they have increased their sanitary precautions.   😬

oh dear! Stay safe .. sorry to hear that!  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The Captain just announced that the ship currently has over 700 cases of gastrointestinal infection and that they have increased their sanitary precautions.   😬

Oh my!  Hope your family doesn’t get it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

I asked about that before we hit Hawaii.  I was told by one of the hotel officers that they could not get enough of them when they supplied the ship.  He said there would be other shortages also.  Supply issues.  Also asked if they could resupply in HI.  He said that they could not get small bottles there either, and other items missing.  The pizza was made with wheat flour.  It was not bad, either.

Sorry, but I have to disagree.  The pizza is terrible.  Just wander up to Slice and even the cook admits not many people are enjoying the brown flour dough.  

Edited by Sam.Seattle
spelling

5 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree.  The pizza is terrible.  Just wander up to Slice and even the cook admits not many people are enjoying the brown flour dough.  

I think it's an acquired taste for many. I use to be one that would say, No Way! Yuck! But, now it doesn't bother me. We had many supply chain issues during covid and I just started baking with whatever flour I had on hand. Eventually, it became normal for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Magellan321 said:

I think it's an acquired taste for many. I use to be one that would say, No Way! Yuck! But, now it doesn't bother me. We had many supply chain issues during covid and I just started baking with whatever flour I had on hand. Eventually, it became normal for us.

I actually make my pizzas with whole wheat flour and now and I actually prefer it.  You are right, it’s all in what we get accustomed to.

• Like 3

Just now, Cruise Raider said:

I actually make my pizzas with whole wheat flour and now and I actually prefer it.  You are right, it’s all in what we get accustomed to.

One can get accustomed to many things but that doesn't mean they like them. I don't eat pizza made with whole wheat flour. It's my choice and I'll just do without pizza in that case. There are plenty of other things to eat and, while whole wheat pizza crust may not be for me, I won't let it bother me. There's no reason for me to get upset over such a little thing.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

🤞🏻🙏🏻

• Like 1