Bar soap

arzz

Sorry if this question has already been answered but we haven’t cruised since the pandemic and are currently booking a November cruise on the Sojourn.  I know that Seabourn has gone to pump dispenser soaps like so many other lines - but do they still offer any bar soaps or should I bring my own if I prefer a bar of soap in the shower?

Thank you all in advance.

8 minutes ago, arzz said:

Sorry if this question has already been answered but we haven’t cruised since the pandemic and are currently booking a November cruise on the Sojourn.  I know that Seabourn has gone to pump dispenser soaps like so many other lines - but do they still offer any bar soaps or should I bring my own if I prefer a bar of soap in the shower?

Thank you all in advance.

We were on Ovation this month.  The only bar soap in our bathroom was a small round one probably meant as hand soap.  There were several large Molton Brown bottles of shower gel.  I did bring my own bar soap as I am sometimes allergic to soaps.  I don't recall the brand name of the small round bar of soap.  We did not ask for another bar--but I am assuming you could do that and something else would be available. 

Edited by SLSD
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, SLSD said:

We were on Ovation this month.  The only bar soap in our bathroom was a small round one probably meant as hand soap.  There were several large Molton Brown bottles of shower gel.  I did bring my own bar soap as I am sometimes allergic to soaps.  I don't recall the brand name of the small round bar of soap.  We did not ask for another bar--but I am assuming you could do that and something else would be available. 

It makes sense that they now have pump’s rather than loads of small bottles. You say “several large bottles of shower gel”. I assume you mean a mix of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body creme?

I would guess the soap was Molten Brown although the suite attendant used to offer a range of other soaps when you arrived on board.

11 minutes ago, Dunnedg said:

It makes sense that they now have pump’s rather than loads of small bottles. You say “several large bottles of shower gel”. I assume you mean a mix of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body creme?

I would guess the soap was Molten Brown although the suite attendant used to offer a range of other soaps when you arrived on board.

Yes, we always enjoyed the array of special soaps in the past.  Those are no longer offered.  The shampoo and conditioner placed in our suite was small tubes--as before.  There were four of the shower gel large bottles.  Only my husband used shower gel--and only a small amount of one large bottle over two weeks.  The other three remained sealed and unopened on the shelf.  

7 hours ago, Dunnedg said:

Just to be clear, I did think it was odd that there were four large bottles of shower gel in our bathroom.  There is no way they could all be used on a 14 day cruise.  I can only guess that they were there to give passengers a choice of scent/flavor as all were different.  

The only pump we had on Quest last month was the shower gel. The shampoo, conditioner, and lotions were all the smaller size individual bottles that last multiple days. We had one small bar soap, asked for another and it was no issue 

Everything in the bathroom is from Molton Brown so you should be able to check with them regarding allergen info.

My DW is allergic to PEG and did check their website awhile back to confirm product info on bar soap and has not had any problems on cruises since.

Just Google “Molton Brown allergen” and you will get tons of info.

1 hour ago, conchyjoe said:

Everything in the bathroom is from Molton Brown so you should be able to check with them regarding allergen info.

My DW is allergic to PEG and did check their website awhile back to confirm product info on bar soap and has not had any problems on cruises since.

Just Google “Molton Brown allergen” and you will get tons of info.

Good thought, thanks.

I suspect they have nothing suitable, ie hypoallergenic and fragrance free... so I will take my own to be safe 😏

Some might remember the Baudelaire exfoliating soap that was offered years ago.  If anyone is interested, it’s available on Amazon (but of course, isn’t everything available on Amazon?):

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hobar said:

Some might remember the Baudelaire exfoliating soap that was offered years ago.  If anyone is interested, it’s available on Amazon (but of course, isn’t everything available on Amazon?):

Ah, the good old days.  I remember three different soaps being brought to the suite in a wicker basket.  Hermes was one and possibly L’Occitaine the other?

I purchase boxes of Baudelaire from Amazon and give a little gifts.  It’s a wonderful soap!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OilPainter2020 said:

Ah, the good old days.  I remember three different soaps being brought to the suite in a wicker basket.  Hermes was one and possibly L’Occitaine the other?

I purchase boxes of Baudelaire from Amazon and give a little gifts.  It’s a wonderful soap!

The specialty soaps that used to be given out are "supposed" to be making a comeback, but no idea if they will be the same as we used to have, or different ones. My favourite was always the smallest...The Hermes!

18 minutes ago, 2seabournsailors said:

The specialty soaps that used to be given out are "supposed" to be making a comeback, but no idea if they will be the same as we used to have, or different ones. My favourite was always the smallest...The Hermes!

thanks…when do you think it will happen

Nancy

4 hours ago, OilPainter2020 said:

There were actually five soaps.  I do believe Hermes and L’Occitane were two others, and there were another two, one of which was a throw away.  I did love the presentation and the stewardess was in your suite within minutes of when you arrived. But that was on the little sisters.  Remember, too, that we had Frette sheets?  Ah, yes, those were the days.  But I do still love Seabourn because the one constant is the crew/staff and service.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hobar said:

There were actually five soaps.  I do believe Hermes and L’Occitane were two others, and there were another two, one of which was a throw away.  I did love the presentation and the stewardess was in your suite within minutes of when you arrived. But that was on the little sisters.  Remember, too, that we had Frette sheets?  Ah, yes, those were the days.  But I do still love Seabourn because the one constant is the crew/staff and service.  

I believe you are correct in the number of soaps.    Yes, Frette sheets!

And canapés hand delivered. 

Edited by OilPainter2020
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Yes, three soaps (to take home, for me, as a nice reminder).  The Hermes was lovely.  I think if you need completely non-allergenic soap you should  take your own.

I agree.  I always take my own bar of soap, just to be safe after having allergies to SB provided soaps in the past.  

I am curious as to the source of the “supposed” come back of the offering of multiple soaps. I thought that offering was minor but a really nice touch. I miss it and would welcome the return of this custom.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CLOU said:

I am curious as to the source of the “supposed” come back of the offering of multiple soaps. I thought that offering was minor but a really nice touch. I miss it and would welcome the return of this custom.

We had a Private Meeting with the President Natalya and the Senior Vice President and they confirmed that the Specialty soaps had already been approved.

• Like 2

Nice to hear. I have cruises booked in January and June. If no one else reports back I will update as to whether the soaps have returned after either cruise. However, I would love to hear from someone else if they make an earlier return.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2seabournsailors said:

We had a Private Meeting with the President Natalya and the Senior Vice President and they confirmed that the Specialty soaps had already been approved.

Where you given a timeframe for the new soap offerings?

Nancy

For a week or longer vacation, I usually bring a bar of soap from home.  I like the soap I use, and I like having a big bar of soap rather than smaller, thinner bars that you get on many ships or in hotels.

I hate the dispensers.

And by the by, I read the other day that you have to be careful with the dispensers, because if they can be opened, it has been known for people to put other things into the soap or shampoo dispensers that can really ruin your day.

8 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

For a week or longer vacation, I usually bring a bar of soap from home.  I like the soap I use, and I like having a big bar of soap rather than smaller, thinner bars that you get on many ships or in hotels.

We always bring a bar or 2 of soap from home.  We both have sensitive skin so we don’t want to take any chances.  We also bring our own shampoo, conditioner and body lotion….at least the containers are on the smaller size.  I have no problem with the molton brown hair products on sb but the sent is too strong.  Such problems! 😆

Nancy