Just canceled my cruise

craig01020

I recently booked a 6-day cruise from Miami on Magic. Good price, good itinerary, including my favorite beach Half Moon Cay. However, once I checked port schedules (on CruiseMapper) I realized that Half Moon Cay has 4 ships in port on the same day!   No thanks.  I need to start checking port schedules before booking.

ScreenShot2023-06-30at1_32_02PM.png.a93161e1a5a97390dc6af6ea2d2ad5b9.png

• Thanks 2

Maybe staying on the ship with less crowds onboard would be a nice option if everything else is good? There is no guarantee the ship will actually dock at Half Moon Cay, since it is a tender port and weather / wind can cause them to skip the port. 

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

That will be corrected.  Chances are there will be two HAL ships there, as it is their private island.  Carnival and one of the HAL ships will go elsewhere.  

I agree. Sunrise will be going elsewhere. 😎

I've never been the HMC with more than one ship.  That has to be incorrect information.  I didn't even realize the island could handle more ships at once.  I thought that was why the bigger ships like those in Vista and Excel class don't go there.  Has anyone ever had more than one ship at HMC?

Edited by Lee Cruiser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, anasmom02 said:

you realize you said you booked magic and then showed the sunrise schedule? not sure which ship you booked

Plus the dates shown are for Saturday December 7. The 6 day Magic sailings leave on Saturdays so that would seem to rule out the Magic.

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

I don't think I have ever been to Half Moon with even two ships

2 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I've never been the HMC with more than one ship.  That has to be incorrect information.  I didn't even realize the island could handle more ships at once.  I thought that was why the bigger ships like those in Vista and Excel class don't go there.  Has anyone ever had more than one ship at HMC?

HAL on occasion will have two ships there. Remember, HAL has smaller ships carrying less people.:classic_cool:

2 hours ago, anasmom02 said:

you realize you said you booked magic and then showed the sunrise schedule? not sure which ship you booked

You're right. I didn't notice that. I just looked up the HMC schedule for that date and freaked out when I saw so many ships.

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Plus the dates shown are for Saturday December 7. The 6 day Magic sailings leave on Saturdays so that would seem to rule out the Magic.

I took a screen grab of the wrong date. This is the correct one, although it still shows 4 ships:

ScreenShot2023-06-30at6_25_46PM.png.6d5f40962a0b97cbf14138e28947744e.png

8 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Maybe staying on the ship with less crowds onboard would be a nice option if everything else is good? There is no guarantee the ship will actually dock at Half Moon Cay, since it is a tender port and weather / wind can cause them to skip the port. 

I couldn't imagine going to HMC and sitting on the ship. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, craig01020 said:

I took a screen grab of the wrong date. This is the correct one, although it still shows 4 ships:

Those same three Holland ships are the ones listed on the 7th. If they are just staying there, sign me up! 😉 In reality I’m pretty sure that schedule will change. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

Those same three Holland ships are the ones listed on the 7th. If they are just staying there, sign me up! 😉 In reality I’m pretty sure that schedule will change. 

If you go their website it indeed does appear they will be there on the 7th and the 9th. They have some quirkly scheduling where you can book either of two different legs of the cruise or an entire longer one. It shows the 7th at HMC then returns to Ft Lauderdale on the 8th, then back to HMC on the 9th. 

On 6/30/2023 at 6:27 PM, craig01020 said:

HM will only have one ship in port...... Hal owns the island but its ships are smaller but with Magic there the other three will not be there.

On 6/30/2023 at 2:11 PM, Lee Cruiser said:

I'm booked on Vista with a stop at HMC. But you are right about Excel class. No way they could tender that many people efficiently.

Screenshot_20230701_185745_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

If you go their website it indeed does appear they will be there on the 7th and the 9th. They have some quirkly scheduling where you can book either of two different legs of the cruise or an entire longer one. It shows the 7th at HMC then returns to Ft Lauderdale on the 8th, then back to HMC on the 9th. 

1) Aligned that all 4, and not even 3, ships will be at HMC on same day. If indeed Princess Cays doesn't have a ship scheduled,  Magic and Sunrise will go there and likely at least 1, probably more, of the HAL itineraries will change. 

2) No I have never been at HMC same time as another ship.

3) HAL definitely could be there on 7th & again 9th since 8th is a turnaround day, so 7th is last stop of an itinerary and 9th is first stop of another itinerary. But all those ships won't be there.

4) A year out is too early to know Who's on First...

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

47 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

I'm booked on Vista with a stop at HMC. But you are right about Excel class. No way they could tender that many people efficiently.

Screenshot_20230701_185745_Chrome.jpg

Yes, that’s right. I have seen some coming itineraries for Vista there. I guess it’s because Vista was in Galveston and not the size. 

34 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

1) Aligned that all 4, and not even 3, ships will be at HMC on same day. If indeed Princess Cays doesn't have a ship scheduled,  Magic and Sunrise will go there and likely at least 1, probably more, of the HAL itineraries will change. 

2) No I have never been at HMC same time as another ship.

3) HAL definitely could be there on 7th & again 9th since 8th is a turnaround day, so 7th is last stop of an itinerary and 9th is first stop of another itinerary. But all those ships won't be there.

4) A year out is too early to know Who's on First...

Something has to give but for now HA is booking cruises showing 3 different ships at HMC along with Carnival showing the Magic there. First come first served? A duel amongst captains? Who knows 🤣