Online check-in is incomplete--BUT I had already completed it

Leaving on a Northbound Alaska cruise from Vancouver on July 16th. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I had completed my online check-in a couple of months ago. Very confident that I did. I was issued my boarding passes this morning. Received an email confirmation. Went in and checked my check in process just to see if I could see my boarding passes on the website. I see that I have a message that my online check-in was INCOMPLETE. But I know I completed it as I saw all green check marks few months ago. Checked with another member of my party and they had the same thing happen and they have not been assigned their boarding pass. Anyone have this happen before? No big deal to complete it again but what will keep this from happening again before our cruise? Strange. 

I’ve had this happen before and found out at check in.  I had my printed boarding pass in hand but at the counter they claimed I hadn’t entered my information.  When I mentioned that I couldn’t print my boarding pass unless all information was entered she told me I was wrong.  Later I found out that it was a computer glitch.  

• Like 1

Also had some problems, several messages we did not enter a contact person, but when I went into the system, all information was there and all green checkmarks. So I think HALs system is having some problems. 

21 minutes ago, loveandpeas said:

Ugh yes - it took me quite a few attempts. Even when I thought it was actually complete, turns out it wasn't. I have no idea why. It's finally saved as complete now!

What was missing?

Similar thing happened this weekend.  Used the Navigator App instead of the website and it said it was incomplete.

There was a field that is either only in the app or was just added.  I believe it was your emergency contact's country (but I could easily be wrong).

Edit: Either two of us have really bad memories, or it is the Emergency Contact's country😉

Edited by fusion927
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I sail on the 15th on Koningsdam, mines complete and boarding pass issued with check in time but no barcode navigator app says invalid date/time. Not panicking (yet) I'm sure they'll sort it at port or it will magically appear. We live in hope!

Edited by CanuckMumof2girls
additional info

Canadians often get this error although the op is not Canadian.  Mine is always green but when I go to log out it says it’s incomplete.  There is no empty field.  It must been hidden in the same place that the advantage fares are 🙄.  I usually just ignore it because when I’ve called they always ask if I’m Canadian but they never seem to mention what the issue is.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, fusion927 said:

Similar thing happened this weekend.  Used the Navigator App instead of the website and it said it was incomplete.

There was a field that is either only in the app or was just added.  I believe it was your emergency contact's country (but I could easily be wrong).

Edit: Either two of us have really bad memories, or it is the Emergency Contact's country😉

Actually, I think we all have an excellent memory 😁

It was indeed emergency contacts country, strangely enough information that was not asked before, and now missing in all 4 of our party. And it was also not possible to enter an international phone number. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, motravelerken said:

Leaving on a Northbound Alaska cruise from Vancouver on July 16th. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I had completed my online check-in a couple of months ago. Very confident that I did. I was issued my boarding passes this morning. Received an email confirmation. Went in and checked my check in process just to see if I could see my boarding passes on the website. I see that I have a message that my online check-in was INCOMPLETE. But I know I completed it as I saw all green check marks few months ago. Checked with another member of my party and they had the same thing happen and they have not been assigned their boarding pass. Anyone have this happen before? No big deal to complete it again but what will keep this from happening again before our cruise? Strange. 

It's not complete until about 10 days before the cruise, you will see then a barcode on the boarding passes

Glad to see that they are not picking on only Seabourn passengers, but HAL too!  🙂

Apparently they use the same buggy website for both.  However, with a lot of finagling, I was able to get all the check marks to turn green. 

• Click on the red mark to bring up the tab for editing?  Nothing Happens.
  • Go to Home and start from scratch?  Yes.  Now the red marks work, somewhat...  after you edit, a note pops up saying the information cannot be saved because the information has been edited!!  Except that it apparently does save the information... 
  • Eventually got all checkmarks to turn green.  🙂

So, if you are persistent and creative enough, you can make the website happy.  Maybe.  I haven't logged back in to check.

Happy sailing!

Edited by DTtravelers
spelling correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, just_cruising_along said:

Had this happen too.  It is the country of the emergency contact as mentioned above.  There may have been some type of change in the system that required everyone to reselect the country.

Its a glicth around that because our  emergency contact are in Ireland and New Zealand - HAL site wouldn't take the right numbers - so I used a made up US number and the site was happy. So am I don't really want HAL phoning relatives in  what they think is an emergency 

• Haha 1

I've had reminders that I hadn't completed check in when I knew I had. It always seems to be emergency contact. It somehow disappeared and when I went back in to enter it, the information wouldn't save. I logged out, logged in, tried again and same thing. I could type everything, but it wouldn't save.  I had to call HAL and have someone there enter it for me. Once that was done, it stuck. 

Agree with everyone here on the emergency contact country. But also every time a change is made to the booking - any kind of change from bed configuration to dining to adding CO, any change - mine revert to not complete and it's always the box to accept the visa travel notice; no idea why it u checks that box, but it does.

No need to stress about not having the barcode on the boarding pass, check back a few days before sail date and it will be there.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

3 hours ago, lissie said:

Its a glicth around that because our  emergency contact are in Ireland and New Zealand - HAL site wouldn't take the right numbers - so I used a made up US number and the site was happy. So am I don't really want HAL phoning relatives in  what they think is an emergency 

For the record, that emergency number is a joke.  they must only use it for death.  I was medically disembarked, alone and my emergency person was NEVER contacted.  She had no idea about it until I reached out to her.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

For the record, that emergency number is a joke.  they must only use it for death.  I was medically disembarked, alone and my emergency person was NEVER contacted.  She had no idea about it until I reached out to her.

That's just wrong.

Glad to see you're still with us.

1 minute ago, Haljo1935 said:

That's just wrong.

Glad to see you're still with us.

It wasn’t as serious as the doctor on the ship thought it was and justified the disembarkation.  It ended up just being a broken elbow but my contact had no idea it had happened until I was able to reach her myself.  

22 minutes ago, kazu said:

It wasn’t as serious as the doctor on the ship thought it was and justified the disembarkation.  It ended up just being a broken elbow but my contact had no idea it had happened until I was able to reach her myself.  

Wow - that is very bad. As I travel with my partner I don't care about emergency contact numbers - but as a solo I'd be more concerned about them 

• Like 1

This happened to me, but it was just that I had to choose a country for my emergency contact. It looks like others have had the same issue. NBD, it took longer to post this than to pick a country from the dropdown 😅

• Haha 1

Same thing happened to us. I had printed off our luggage tags & boarding pass. Later when I was notified that our new boarding pass with bar code was ready for printing I saw that we had not completed our on line check in, it was the country of emergency contact that was missing. I filled them in again & printed off our new boarding pass.