Classic Beverage Package and Elite Status/Happy Hour

ulcards99

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

No. There's nothing on the Happy Hour menu that isn't fully covered by the classic package.

No. Just the aluminum bottled water.

I always have the premium drink package,, so I have not direct experience.  I thought the Celebrity Vintage wines were not included in the Classic Drink package, therefore there might be a few wines on the HH menu that are not in the Classic package. 

But I do not know for sure that the Celebrity Vintage wines (made by Kendal Jackson) are not in the Classic package.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I always have the premium drink package,, so I have not direct experience.  I thought the Celebrity Vintage wines were not included in the Classic Drink package, therefore there might be a few wines on the HH menu that are not in the Classic package. 

But I do not know for sure that the Celebrity Vintage wines (made by Kendal Jackson) are not in the Classic package.

TBH I'm unsure about the wines they serve.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichYak said:

TBH I'm unsure about the wines they serve.

Read my comment above. The answer is often "whatever is open."

Celebrity doesn't really commit themselves on what wines they will have for classic package, describing it as "A selection of vintages from around the world" or some such. So yes, the wine they will serve you came from some winery that exists on this planet."

They make contracts to purchase table wines in huge quantities at as little as $2-$3 per bottle. That's the La Terre(ibble) and similar wines.

I'm not saying you can't get a good wine on Celebrity. I'm saying you have to be vigilant and keep an eye out for what they are really pouring. Also, you are much more likely to get what you order (and have paid for) in MDR than at the pool bar.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

As everyone has stated, the Elite Cocktail Hour is meaningless when you have a package. Enjoy the package and drink when and where you’d like. 

We enjoy the ECH in the sky lounge. We sit at the bar and order from our PDP without a problem. I like the appetizers. We would go to the ECH over going to MC or Retreat. I did not like the ECH on the Edge for it was in the Club with no windows. 

1 minute ago, 39august said:

The HH has not been held as a group in The Sky Lounge for a few years now. No appetizers unless you want to pay for them at Craft Social. 

They had HH in Sky lounge on the Reflection TA in April 

They had servers trying to handout crappy appetizers 🤣

I believe this was a one night special for Elite and above CC event. There is a new CC thing in Sky Lounge called Music and Mixology where drinks and appetizers are passed around for an hour.  There was one more night with an CC event in the Sky Lounge during our last two or three cruises for an hour, at either 5 or 5:15 PM but I think that is the Captain's Welcome event. So this is not nightly, unless this was something special for TA cruises.

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

They had HH in Sky lounge on the Reflection TA in April 

They had servers trying to handout crappy appetizers 🤣

Wasnt that the Senior Officers Party or the Captains Welcome Party rather than the Captains Club Happy Hour?

Edited by WestLakeGirl

7 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Wasnt that the Senior Officers Party or the Captains Welcome Party rather than the Captains Club Happy Hour?

It was a 2 week cruise , we went up there couple of times never on any of The “Party “ night except we went the the music and mix party 

There was a large group of friends on the cruise all with the drink package so going up to the Sky lounge wasnt  on the radar until it got a cooler as we got to Barcelona