Retreat amenity - champagne OR sparking wine

zitsky

This caught my eye in an email from the Retreat today.  Welcome bottle of sparkling wine OR champagne?  I thought it was only Celebrity sparkling?  I was planning to buy a few bottles of Veuve Clicquot in Luminae with OBC since it’s hard to find.

19 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

We were in PH and requested Veuve for our bottle of champagne. And requested another one from our butler in place of one of the bottles of alcohol we were entitled to.

Laura

Thanks for that.  Do you think they did that because you were in PH?  I’ll call the Retreat desk.  This cruise is not for a while.

I’m still salty I can’t order flowers.  Maybe the Retreat desk can help with that.  Hmm.

• Like 1

When we had the penthouse and adjoining sky suite on the Constellation last fall, the penthouse got champagne (they didn’t have Veuve Clicquot at the time but it was a good French champagne) and the sky suite got the Celebrity vintages sparkling wine. So I think the answer to your question varies whether you are in an upper or lower suite. 

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8

If you want true champagne, or a very specific champagne, it is possible to have specific champagnes in the stateroom. I have successfully requested specific champagnes for each night of the cruise ahead of time from shoreside.

Yes, you may pay the cost, but if you have preferences, it is a way to get exactly what you want.

Also, with regard to flowers, I was accommodated on my first Celebrity cruise earlier this year with my exact floral request, and I am likewise being accommodated on my second Celebrity sailing (same ship) next month.

*just some alternative feedback based upon experience. No intent of offending or angering anyone.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

This caught my eye in an email from the Retreat today.  Welcome bottle of sparkling wine OR champagne?  I thought it was only Celebrity sparkling?  I was planning to buy a few bottles of Veuve Clicquot in Luminae with OBC since it’s hard to find.

If you have booked your cruise and have OBC from Celebrity you can use it to purchase the Veuve online in your cruise planner.  Your OBC will show up in the cruise planner and can be used for the purchase.  image.png.0f5604fd2bdd1d71e8e73103a0bb95e6.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thebutlerdidit said:

On the form I received from the retreat concierge I requested a bottle of Chardonnay for my room. My son was in an Aqua Sky Suite (connecting to the PH) and he checked champagne. This is the bottle he got. 

IMG_2021.thumb.jpeg.23725d02730961ffcbd3b37e16ff606e.jpeg

That's unusual.  Usually real Champagne is only provided in RS and above.  Even CS generally gets Celebrity Vintages sparkling wine.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

If you have booked your cruise and have OBC from Celebrity you can use it to purchase the Veuve online in your cruise planner.  Your OBC will show up in the cruise planner and can be used for the purchase.  image.png.0f5604fd2bdd1d71e8e73103a0bb95e6.png

Im guessing the reason was that he was sailing with you and you were in the PH.

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

That's unusual.  Usually real Champagne is only provided in RS and above.  Even CS generally gets Celebrity Vintages sparkling wine.

Yes, I was really surprised when he said he got a really nice bottle. 

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

Im guessing the reason was that he was sailing with you and you were in the PH.

If you mean me, no, I was in a Sky Suite. 

My experience has been that the quality of the bubbly in the Suites is dependent on the level of Suite.   In a SS and CS they usually have Elegance (Celebrity Branded Sutter Home) RS and above some pretty nice bubbly.  You can also have them substitute a White or Red wine.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Also, with regard to flowers, I was accommodated on my first Celebrity cruise earlier this year with my exact floral request, and I am likewise being accommodated on my second Celebrity sailing (same ship) next month.

You are apparently in a higher suite to pre-order flowers???  We're in a SS on our upcoming cruise, so I can only order flowers onboard? 

Guest 4-2-N-8
15 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

You are apparently in a higher suite to pre-order flowers???  We're in a SS on our upcoming cruise, so I can only order flowers onboard? 

I am in an Iconic suite on Beyond next month and they will have the flower request accommodated.

In January this year, I was only in an Edge Villa on Beyond and they likewise accommodated my floral request at that time.

I can't answer for the mechanics of Retreat operations, but they reached out to me to get my requests in both cases.

Perhaps reach out to shoreside and advise them of your requests?

They're a good team and have been quite responsive.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Just now, 4-2-N-8 said:

Again, unsure of Retreat shoreside operations, but perhaps reach out to shoreside and advise them of your requests?

They're a good team and have been quite accommodating.

Thank you for responding. Retreat Shoreside doesn't reach out to SS cabins prior to sailing and I'm unaware of how to contact them.  I'll just order an arrangement upon embarkation.  

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thank you for responding. Retreat Shoreside doesn't reach out to SS cabins prior to sailing and I'm unaware of how to contact them.  I'll just order an arrangement upon embarkation.  

It might not be much but I received a nice email with the 877 Retreat number on it.  I called it several times for minor questions.  I was in a Sky Suite on a Move up bid on the Beyond.

Just now, zitsky said:

It might not be much but I received a nice email with the 877 Retreat number on it.  I called it several times for minor questions.  I was in a Sky Suite on a Move up bid on the Beyond.

Thank you - I have the Retreat number...I was thinking about it would be different for the upper suites, but never thought about asking them about flowers!

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thank you - I have the Retreat number...I was thinking about it would be different for the upper suites, but never thought about asking them about flowers!

If you see a middle aged man carrying a bunch of dandelions through the ship, you’ll know that my flower order didn’t go through.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

We've just booked our first suite. An Aqua Sky Suite, on a 16 day Transatlantic with 10 Sea Days- so I figured it was a great time to splurge. I am trying to figure out how to best take advantage of all the perks we will be offered. When I tried to search, wasn't able to find perks specifically, so will be slogging through tons of posts. As a recently retired gardener (home-based nursery/selling seeds and plants), the idea of requesting flowers intrigues me. Is that for upper level suites only? 

3 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

You can buy flowers for your room 

Really?  Because that option disappeared from the Celebrity site and there has been some discussion about it.  I think it was Bon voyage gifts.

On 7/4/2023 at 4:19 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Yes that is what we got in our CS earlier this year.

46 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Like most things Celebrity it’s on their website but the link doesn’t necessary show what you expect 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/gifts

If you actually look at that page yes there is a picture of flowers.  But if you click on the link there is no option to buy flowers.