Pizza!! Where to get a whole pie?

I am pretty sure the buffet has pizza by the slice and the Italian joint has them for a charge.   Can you get a whole pizza complimentary and take back to your room or do I remember seeing a room service menu that has it for the delivery charge (no clue if what I saw is current) ?  I know pizza isnt the reason you go on a cruise, just curious about it because sometimes we just want pizza lol.. 

1 minute ago, dbrown84 said:

you can order a whole pizza at the buffet.  Honestly, I don't know if it's standard, or YMMV.

However, cleaning out the available supply of already-prepared pizza is not appreciated by other passengers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, FLAHAM said:

However, cleaning out the available supply of already-prepared pizza is not appreciated by other passengers.

who said anything about taking the already prepared pizza?????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I ask again.... what does this have to do with what I said?  The OP didn't ask about taking pizza from the buffet line, nor did I suggest they do that

Gosh, and here I thought getting it from the buffet line (presumably ordered) is exactly what you were suggesting.

28 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

you can order a whole pizza at the buffet.  Honestly, I don't know if it's standard, or YMMV.

If you read the discussion I posted it is clearly about supposedly ordering a pizza at the buffet. Never tried to do it myself, don't know if it is actually possible or if people are making broad assumptions.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Gosh, and here I thought getting it from the buffet line (presumably ordered) is exactly what you were suggesting.

If you read the discussion I posted it is clearly about supposedly ordering a pizza at the buffet. Never tried to do it myself, don't know if it is actually possible or if people are making broad assumptions.

no, the person who responded to my post said "already prepared pizza (in other words, from the buffet line)".  Ordered is not already prepared.  You order if with the person working and they give it to you when it's done.  You're not taking it from the line  So the comment had absolutely nothing to do with the thread 

NCL buffet pizza varies widely and and even on same ship.  Most not very good.  Oddly enough, POA had good pizza.  We've ordered room service Pizza at least last three trips and it has been very good.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

no, the person who responded to my post said "already prepared pizza (in other words, from the buffet line)".  Ordered is not already prepared.  You order if with the person working and they give it to you when it's done.  You're not taking it from the line  So the comment had absolutely nothing to do with the thread 

No, but if you read the linked thread, someone cut the entire line, claimed they ordered a whole pie and took everything that was out for the buffet line because theirs wasn't ready yet...

30 minutes ago, hallux said:

No, but if you read the linked thread, someone cut the entire line, claimed they ordered a whole pie and took everything that was out for the buffet line because theirs wasn't ready yet...

I get that.  And it was appropriate for that linked thread.  But it had nothing to do with this thread or my original answer to the OP.  The OP's question was asking where they could get a whole pizza.  NO one mentioned anything about taking it from the buffet line.  So the comment about it not being appreciated by the other passengers came out of nowhere 

In January I was at the Buffett and another customer politely requested they make her  a whole pizza for her family.  The pizza making person seemed totally fine with that request.  I think you can ask politely and if they seem unhappy with your request  just order one from room service.  

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

So the comment about it not being appreciated by the other passengers came out of nowhere 

it didn’t come out of nowhere. it was appropriate for this discussion. the link to that other thread was nostalgic and referential.  it was a very funny way of saying, “hey, while we’re talking about pizza on NCL… remember this outlandish incident? here it is again, in case you missed it.  please, for the love of god, whatever you do in your pursuit of a pie, don’t do this, folks!”

it wasn’t mocking anybody in this thread, it wasn’t criticizing anybody in this thread… it was funny and playful and absolutely on topic. i loved it and appreciated it. the poster should be applauded, not repeatedly chastised for an honest and worthwhile contribution to this discussion.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I get that.  And it was appropriate for that linked thread.  But it had nothing to do with this thread or my original answer to the OP.  The OP's question was asking where they could get a whole pizza.  NO one mentioned anything about taking it from the buffet line.  So the comment about it not being appreciated by the other passengers came out of nowhere 

You also need to understand that CC is a community with a history and there are shared jokes and stories. The linked thread is one of those.  You’re posting on a public forum and people are allowed to link and comment.

• Like 6

There is also the possibility of getting a take-away-pizza from the Italian speciality restaurant, cost $$$ but is in my opinion a much better pizza than the room service pizza or the buffet pizza.

Below a screenshot of the current pizza menu at La Cucina. 

image.jpeg.ad0e7b515ddab3a3abb6205fbf14b7f0.jpeg

• Like 1

Mostly on topic, but I sailed on Princess for the first time ever a few weeks ago.  Their pizza is SO MUCH better than NCL's.  They have an actual pizza place to get 1 slice or 18 slices if you like.  It's all excellent charred crust pizza oven pies.  This information doesn't help the OP, but I guess I wish NCL would up their pizza game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JGmf said:

Mostly on topic, but I sailed on Princess for the first time ever a few weeks ago.  Their pizza is SO MUCH better than NCL's.  They have an actual pizza place to get 1 slice or 18 slices if you like.  It's all excellent charred crust pizza oven pies.  This information doesn't help the OP, but I guess I wish NCL would up their pizza game.

You lost me at charred....nope, nope, nope! NCL, though your pizza isn't great, please keep doing what you're doing. Don't listen to this crazy person from the Albany area! (that's a joke @JGmf, I know you're not crazy)...just charred pizza gets me in a tizzy! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

You lost me at charred....nope, nope, nope! NCL, though your pizza isn't great, please keep doing what you're doing. Don't listen to this crazy person from the Albany area! (that's a joke @JGmf, I know you're not crazy)...just charred pizza gets me in a tizzy! 

Live in northeast NJ outside of Manhattan, tons if great pizza, but this place opened here in town last year, wood fired and absolutely delicious, this pie costs $18 and it feeds one person. 

B3182B20-6036-406B-BD0A-A2C578CF897C.jpeg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Live in northeast NJ outside of Manhattan, tons if great pizza, but this place opened here in town last year, wood fired and absolutely delicious, this pie costs $18 and it feeds one person. 

B3182B20-6036-406B-BD0A-A2C578CF897C.jpeg

Oh my! Nope, nope, nope....I believe ya, that's it's good! But so much burn....errrr charred pie there! It looks very cheesy and so I would be a fan. I suppose I could cut all that crust off and enjoy it. 

Honestly, not sure how y'all in the tri-state area do it. So many pizza joints. How do you choose? 

Argh, now I'm way off topic! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh my! Nope, nope, nope....I believe ya, that's it's good! But so much burn....errrr charred pie there! It looks very cheesy and so I would be a fan. I suppose I could cut all that crust off and enjoy it. 

I feel your pain!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Honestly, not sure how y'all in the tri-state area do it. So many pizza joints. How do you choose? 

Argh, now I'm way off topic! 

You’d have to like Neapolitan pizza (which I do, crunchy and chewy). My family does not have a go to pizzeria but can narrow it down to less than a dozen. It depends on our order.

• Thanks 1