Pizza!! Where to get a whole pie?

On 7/5/2023 at 12:52 PM, TrumpyNor said:

There is also the possibility of getting a take-away-pizza from the Italian speciality restaurant, cost $$$ but is in my opinion a much better pizza than the room service pizza or the buffet pizza.

Below a screenshot of the current pizza menu at La Cucina. 

image.jpeg.ad0e7b515ddab3a3abb6205fbf14b7f0.jpeg

Wow, that seems pretty pricey. My local restaurant that has a wood burning pizza oven and makes the best Italian style pizza charges about that in Canadian and I have't already paid for a meal elsewhere.

When did La Cucina go a la carte?

How does this affect the free dinner for free at sea or the free loyalty member dinner?

6 minutes ago, electro said:

Wow, that seems pretty pricey. My local restaurant that has a wood burning pizza oven and makes the best Italian style pizza charges about that in Canadian and I have't already paid for a meal elsewhere.

How does this affect the free dinner for free at sea or the free loyalty member dinner?

It is pricey! And so not worth the a la carte price. None of NCL's a la carte menu prices are worth it. 

For Free at Sea dining, you are able to go to La Cucina and order one appetizer/soup/salad, one small portion of pasta, and either a pizza or entree. Not sure what's offered in the Latitude's coupon. I'm not at that level yet. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, electro said:

All the "regular" speciality restaurants on NCL are a-la-carte, only exceptions are Moderno and Teppanyaki. 

Just to reiterate, I know room service can bring you an entire pizza delivered to your cabin.  Or, you can get one from LaCucina.  As far as getting whole pizzas from the Garden Cafe?  I've never seen that and don't think you can as they are served as singles.  That would be tough to carry 8-10 slices at a time.  I guess you could try carrying a couple slices and then come back in line to get more.  But, that's not very efficient.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Maybe 10 years ago

And no wood burning on a cruise ship 🙂

It was definitively not 10 years ago. Cagneys has been a la carte that long but not La Cucina or le Bristro.  My last NCL cruise was 2018 and I'm pretty sure they were both a fixed cover charge then.

Of course they don't have wood burning ovens, but that is my point, I can get better pizza for less money elsewhere. I guess they price it so high to push the specialty dining packages.

• Like 1

there seems to be some sort of corporate mandate from NCL that you can’t take food to go. I recently dined at onda on the prima and had more than a half a pizza leftover. i said i wanted to take it back to my cabin, and they told me they had no boxes, that they're not allowed to have any boxes. so they told me to put the pizza on a plate and gave me a couple of napkins to cover the pizza. 

17 minutes ago, WestCoastDeb said:

Unless Haven, at which point they box up your leftovers and have them delivered to your room via your butler. 

I have a hard time understanding the concept of eating leftovers on a cruise.  Am I alone here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2023 at 2:27 PM, CruisnHallelujahs said:

How is the pizza off the kids mdr menu?  Thought I might give that a try when I run out of vegetarian options.  

We had three dinners at Le Bistro and, as a vegetarian, I was tired of the Napoleon de Legumes. It's good but not in the mood for the third. So I ordered the pizza from the kids menu and I loved it. Just a plain delicious cheese pizza! It really hit the spot. 

35 minutes ago, WestCoastDeb said:

Unless Haven, at which point they box up your leftovers and have them delivered to your room via your butler. 

typically, this is just a dessert privilege. i suppose you could have any leftover sent to your room, but i’ve never seen it done, nor have i ever done it myself. but i’m sure some do indeed request this.

40 minutes ago, valleyvillage said:

We had three dinners at Le Bistro and, as a vegetarian, I was tired of the Napoleon de Legumes. It's good but not in the mood for the third. So I ordered the pizza from the kids menu and I loved it. Just a plain delicious cheese pizza! It really hit the spot. 

Thanks for responding!  Never saw the kids menu til someone recently posted it…when I hit the adult cruise food wall I’ll be going for the kids pizza and mac n cheese comfort food. (Hoping that’s good too) 🙃

5 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I have a hard time understanding the concept of eating leftovers on a cruise.  Am I alone here?

I agree, but in the case of specialty dining and having "paid" for the meal I could understand wanting to have the chance to eat everything.

15 hours ago, hallux said:

I agree, but in the case of specialty dining and having "paid" for the meal I could understand wanting to have the chance to eat everything.

Yeah, maybe.  I haven't paid anything for specialty dining for years.  The FAS and Platinum+ benefits are enough for me.  I guess I pay a few pennies for gratuities, but that doesn't motivate me to chew on a cold hunk of steak in the middle of the night.