Must I cancel a cruise before booking a different cruises if the dates overlap?

KKB

Looking to take advantage of a good offer today...but Princess Chat is all but non-responsive & I don't have time to call today.

Can I go ahead & book the one I want then call (or try chat) again later & cancel?

(I'm losing my small deposit either way but the benefits of changing outweigh the loss by a long shot)

We found a bug in the Princess app when we did this. We had a cruise on the Sky Princess and cancelled it for a cruise on the Enchanted. The two cruises do overlap. The Enchanted cruise shows in my app profile with "Property Name(s): Enchanted Princess, Sky Princess". We've simply ignored it, but it is a bug.

The cruise personalizer is correct.

I did that once through the customer service number and was able to get my "non-refundable" deposit refunded--possibly because I was booking a longer and more expensive cruise instead.  That assumes you get an agent on the phone who can understand what you want and act on it, which isn't very likely.  I got lucky.

• Like 1

We did this last year and had no problems. Booked an overlapping Alaska cruise and Japan cruise because we weren't 100% sure which we wanted to do and there was a $1 deposit promo. The cruise personalizer showed both until we'd made a decision, with no problems.

(We ended up cancelling both, and then re-booking a different Japan cruise because we decided we wanted a summer trip anyway. *sigh* Princess Indecision, that's me.)

When Covid ruled, I had two cruises booked for the same time (one Transatlantic, one Caribbean).  I did it thru my travel agent.  When the final decision was made for the Transatlantic we cancelled the Caribbean and there was no problem.  Might have annoyed our travel agent but that's about it.  🙂  

You can have two cruises booked concurrently. I have that right now. Naturally, it is pre-final payment on both of them, so I can’t comment on if you might get a phone call if the cruises were both scheduled to sail next week. It does really mess up your Medallion app, but that happens even without concurrent bookings. It takes a week or so after you cancel one of the cruises for things to appear correctly in the app. 

Edited by PescadoAmarillo